Thread: Need Draw length Module Information for a Golden Eagle Bow

Burlington, Washington ( Northwestern corner of the Evergreen state)

Question Need Draw length Module Information for a Golden Eagle Bow

I have a new archer that bought a Golden Eagle Predator TRS bow from a shop that was going out of business. The shop supposedly set him up with the proper draw length on this bow.

The bow has never been shot until today (8/27/05) even though he bought the bow about 3 years ago. The Gentleman brought his bow to my home so that I could teach him how to shoot. That's when I noticed that the draw length is about 3 inches too long for him.

Upon inspecting the bow, so that I could reduce the draw length I found that it has a draw length module on it. The module is marked with an "A" on both cams. Is there another Module that we can purchase for him that will reduce the draw length to the proper size for him?

I have already adjusted the draw length down as far as possible by using the little adjustment wheels on the bow cable; but I still need to drop at least 3 inches in length.

I am highly impressed by the way the bow shoots, how quiet it is and how there is Zero Handshock after release. The bow was setup great for me, but I shoot a 28 1/2 inch draw length.

I am a Newberry bow Dealer and a Qualified Bow technician, so if we can get the draw length modules I can easily get this fine Gentleman setup and shooting with No Problems.

I would sure appreciate any and all information that you would be so graciously supplying! I would also appreciate hearing from you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time and consideration!

Dick
    2 Canon, 7D Cameras, Canon 5D Mark II Camera, Canon 17-40 F/4 L lens, 2 Canon 24-105 L lens, Canon 70-200 f/4 L lens, Canon 300 f/4 IS L lens, Canon 400 f/4 L lens, Canon 1.4X L extender, Canon 2X L extender, Canon 430 EX Flash, Canon 530 EX Flash

Dick, if I remember correctly the A mod in that cam is the shortest draw(28"). If you put the the cable in the longest slot on the yoke wheel it will be the shortest the bow will go.
    You can short string the bow one inch,that might help.
    I just went through my stock of GE mods and only have B(29"), C(30") mods for that cam.

Hope this helps.. Bob
    :Bob
    Stay Calm - Pick a Spot - Aim >>-------> ( X ) Ti Togi Bowmen 1988>>-->NFAA 1989>>-->NYFAB 1988
    Hoyt AlphaMax Blue Fusion 40/50 Hoyt AlphaMax Jet Black 50/60, Original Trophy Taker, 60X Strings & Cables, Accel & Copper John Sights, CR Target Scopes

Burlington, Washington ( Northwestern corner of the Evergreen state)

Arrow

Bob,
    Thank you Sir for the helpful information! I sure appreciate your time and trouble!
    You have confirmed what I originally thought about the cam and the minimum draw length. The trouble is the Gentleman needs to go to about 25 1/2 inches of draw length, so there will be no way that I can adjust the bow down that far and make it shootable.

I can't understand how anyone can rip off a beginning archer like that, but I guess they just didn't care. I personally couldn't do that to anyone!

Fortunately for the Gentleman, I am willing to help him out for free on the adjustment attempts and to help him out I am going to give him free lessons to get him started out on the right foot.
    I also offered to sell him one of my Newberry SB1's at a greatly reduced price, free setup and tuning of the bow for 1 year, free lessons and free range time at my range for a year. That should help him out considerably.

Thanks again for the help Bob.

Dick
    2 Canon, 7D Cameras, Canon 5D Mark II Camera, Canon 17-40 F/4 L lens, 2 Canon 24-105 L lens, Canon 70-200 f/4 L lens, Canon 300 f/4 IS L lens, Canon 400 f/4 L lens, Canon 1.4X L extender, Canon 2X L extender, Canon 430 EX Flash, Canon 530 EX Flash