Thread: New APA M34

New APA M34

Let me preface my comments by saying that my last bow was a Bear Whitetail 2 that was over 20 years old. I used that bow up until I bought this one. I hunted some with it but it was mostly used in the back yard. Last year I bought my son a Mission Craze for his 10th birthday and I found out just what I had been missing out on! I was drawn to the APA brand because there seemed to be nothing but positive reviews on their equipment and the built in cam locking system is a really great feature. There aren't any dealers close to me so I called up APA and ordered a new M34 with a 29” draw length and 70# draw weight. The bow shipped out one week later and was delivered in three days via DHL.

The setup from the factory was not stellar. The center shot on the Twister CDX was way off and the D-loop was way too high. Not hard to fix but it took some time. The peep sight was served in nicely and the location was acceptable. The fit and finish was great on the rest of the bow. The cams were in time with no cam lean.

Of course, the first thing I did was shoot it through my chrono. I had some 391 grain arrows ready to go and the bow launched them at 313 fps. My 430 grain arrows clocked in at 296 fps. By my calculation that's only 10 fps under the rated IBO, very acceptable.

The draw cycle is pretty stiff all the way through but it holds very easily at full draw. There's very little creep from full draw, this bow wants to go! Accuracy has been very good out to 70 yards. My sight pins are set at 10-30, 40, 50, 60, 70, yes the first pin is good from 10 to 30 yards, that's pretty darn flat!

Overall I'm very pleased with this bow and would not hesitate to recommend APA as an alternative to the major bow manufacturers.

IMG_0580.jpgIMG_0581.jpgIMG_0582.jpg

nice, I almost wish I had wait til the 14's came out before buying my m6...almost

looks like a shooter
    went trad, not looking back
    samick journey 40 at 28
    bear Kodiak magnum 45 at 28
    bear Montana 50 at 28
    black widow PL ironwood 55 at 28

Its a nice shooting bow, not a huge fan of them, but I really liked this bow. Get a good set of strings and cables on that bow and you'll be real happy

Love my M34 use it for both 3D and hunting been doing tons of shooting and no issue with cables and strings.Congrats on a great bow I love all the extra features for hunting all come in handy.

My apa is faster then ibo I have a m6 same specs as yours but pulling 71 or 72# can't remember but that launches a 464 gr black eagle rampage 313 fps
    "A country boy is all I'll ever be" Aron Lewis
    Stevens archery inception
    Black Eagle Archery Field Staff

Quote Originally Posted by TexAg94 View Post
    Let me preface my comments by saying that my last bow was a Bear Whitetail 2 that was over 20 years old. I used that bow up until I bought this one. I hunted some with it but it was mostly used in the back yard. Last year I bought my son a Mission Craze for his 10th birthday and I found out just what I had been missing out on! I was drawn to the APA brand because there seemed to be nothing but positive reviews on their equipment and the built in cam locking system is a really great feature. There aren't any dealers close to me so I called up APA and ordered a new M34 with a 29” draw length and 70# draw weight. The bow shipped out one week later and was delivered in three days via DHL.

The setup from the factory was not stellar. The center shot on the Twister CDX was way off and the D-loop was way too high. Not hard to fix but it took some time. The peep sight was served in nicely and the location was acceptable. The fit and finish was great on the rest of the bow. The cams were in time with no cam lean.

Of course, the first thing I did was shoot it through my chrono. I had some 391 grain arrows ready to go and the bow launched them at 313 fps. My 430 grain arrows clocked in at 296 fps. By my calculation that's only 10 fps under the rated IBO, very acceptable.

The draw cycle is pretty stiff all the way through but it holds very easily at full draw. There's very little creep from full draw, this bow wants to go! Accuracy has been very good out to 70 yards. My sight pins are set at 10-30, 40, 50, 60, 70, yes the first pin is good from 10 to 30 yards, that's pretty darn flat!

Overall I'm very pleased with this bow and would not hesitate to recommend APA as an alternative to the major bow manufacturers.

IMG_0580.jpgIMG_0581.jpgIMG_0582.jpg
    Nice bow! I just got an m34 last week. Its my first bow so I have nothing to compare it with but I really love it. Im shooting pretty good groups out to 40meters.
    2014 APA Mamba M34 (LH)
    APA Twister CDX
    Truglo Rival FX5