Thread: APA single cam tuning?

APA single cam tuning?

Can anyone comment on how well this cam tunes?
    I know there is nothing you can really do if flat nock travel is not designed into the cam properly so just wondering how you guys that own one of these bows find it shoots?

Any comments on how it compares to the dual cam would be interesting as well.

I like the simplicity of the single cam and fine tuning that the draw stop provides, but if it doesn't shoot as well as the dual cam then it may not be worth it to me, I want the best accuracy first over convenience....

Anny comments appreciated!

Francis the best info you'll find is on there website under Tech videos the videos go over all the questions you're asking.

Thanks. I did watch the videos.

I more interested in hearing from people how they find their apa single cam for ease of arrow tune and shoot ability/accuracy compared to the twin cam or other manufacturers hybrid and binary systems.
    I like the idea of a single cam setup, especially this one with an adjustable draw stop. However I want quality In design and accuracy /level nock travel etc. to be there, so just looking for feedback in regards to that.

Thanks

I can say only this much....I didn't play around very much with tunning the King Cobra I had but it shot very well straight out of the box......equally as well as my Pit Viper bought at the same time ('11 models).
    I sold the KC only because I had an offer on it otherwise I'd probably still have it and be shooting it all the time. The Pit Viper has been issue free and takes nothing to tune even after stripping it down to bare and starting over. I love this thing.

I do have a history over the past 10 years or so though, of preferring single cam bows.

The single cam tunes very easily, just makes sure the rotational marks are correctly set up and it will have maximum performance and it will spit a very straight arrow. I like to set up the nocking point just hair tail high with this cam and use the APA Twister CDX arrow rest, this makes for an almost unbeatable combination. Plus the adjustable draw stop allows the fine tuning like you already mentioned and gives you an absolutely solid back wall at full draw.
    Every man dies,
    not every man really lives.

I like the viper x7, I actually would rather the longer 39 axle bow but not crazy about the lower brace height.
    Think I am leaning towards the single cam, I haven't seen any other manufacturers offer a single cam like this today.

I have no problem with the single cam. I have a V7 and a sidewinder. No tuning issues. I do like the nock a bit high on all my bows.
    The V7 was a bit slow with an arrow at 5.5 grains per pound as compared to other bows set the same but when I put a hunting arrow in it the bow was all I could expect.
    That is why I bought the sidewinder as a compact hunting bow for turkey blinds or tight tree stand sets.
    I have no issues with the cam. Easy to adjust and I had no tuning problems. Nice to shoot.
    It is just not a speed demon.
    Lionel