Archery Talk Forum banner

Samick Red Stag vs Samick Phantom

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jbw59 
#1 ·
I am currently selling off some photography stuff in an effort to upgrade to a new bow. I am shooting the Samick Sage, and love it. Its a solid entry level shooter at a fair price. I would like to stick with Samick for the time being and the two bows I have settled on are either the Samick Red Stag or the Samick Phantom. Both look like solid bows, and come highly reviewed by the people who have purchased them. If anyone out there owns one, or both, could you please drop a comment below explaining whether you like your bow and why, and why you may or may not choose one over the other. Thanks!

#2 ·
Went with the Samick Phantom. Appears that activity in the Samick Forum has dropped to nil.

#3 ·
hey Bytesback

I am using the Sage at 40#...

Can you comment on the difference between your Sage and the Phantom?

I stopped by a custom bowmaker on the way home last month, and his $600 recurve shook like a volcano compared to my Sage.

Hope you having fun with the Phantom!

#4 ·
Rays Best- I have only had about a week to shoot the Phantom, the limbs were backordered and took awhile to recieve. Initial impression? I really like the Phantom so far, seems to be less handshock and noise with the Phantom, the grip is more comfortable, and it is certainly more aesthetically pleasing. All in all, I really enjoy shooting it. However it will not be replacing the Sage. My original plan was to sell the Sage to help fund the purchase of the Phantom, but I found I had grown to love my Sage too much to consider getting rid of it at this point. So since the Sage is a less expensive, less visually pleasing bow, I will be using it as my primary Stumping bow. I can take it on wood roves and not be concerned if it gets dirty, or dinged up in the hills. The phantom will be my primary Target bow, for shooting in the back yard or at the range. At this point, I am very happy with both of my first bow purchases, as the Sage has been great to learn on, and the Phantom seems to be a great bow to progress on. Hope this helped!

#7 ·
I owned a phantom and loved it. Sold it to go longbow and got a Samick trailblazer. The big difference between the two is that the Sage is drilled and tapped for stabs and plunger button. Phantom is not. Both are sold bows. If you plan on adding either of those to your bow, go with the sage. If you are content to shoot off the shelf, the phantom is the way to go. the other difference is the phantom has a different limb attachment set up. It's an allen wrench, which they provide and an additional post. That makes the limbs a little more stable which is probably why the phantom is rated as intermediate to expert and the sage as a beginner bow. But what a beginner bow.
Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.