a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Team 12 - Roost Raiders

Well guys, me and my guide hunted hard the past 2 days, and only saw one gobbler while hunting, I really underestimated these turkeys and let me tell you, they aren't just dumb birds, they are cunning as hell. I'll be heading out tomorrow but I'm leaving the now behind and getting out the shotty, this trip costed almost 800 bucks after all expenses including fuel, and I need to at least give myself the best chance to kill one
    Hunting~~2011 G5 Prime Shift, Extreme Archery Site, Fuse Carbon Blade, Easton FMJ 440gr. 275fps 77KE, Nap Spitfire Maxx, QAD Drop Away Pro HDX, 65 pounds, 29" DL
    TEAM 15--- Band of Booners

I'm really bummed out at how my trip went. I didn't even see a gobbler let alone have a chance to kill one 😕 sorry I couldn't contribute guys, I full heartedly thought I had a high chance of killing one, but I have terrible luck
    Hunting~~2011 G5 Prime Shift, Extreme Archery Site, Fuse Carbon Blade, Easton FMJ 440gr. 275fps 77KE, Nap Spitfire Maxx, QAD Drop Away Pro HDX, 65 pounds, 29" DL

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman3 View Post
    I'm really bummed out at how my trip went. I didn't even see a gobbler let alone have a chance to kill one 😕 sorry I couldn't contribute guys, I full heartedly thought I had a high chance of killing one, but I have terrible luck
    Are you done hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by ndm View Post
    Are you done hunting?
    With the outfitter, yeah

Outdoorsman, I'll take you turkey hunting for half that!!!! And you will kill one!
    Addicted String Builder>>>-------->
    Obsession Phoenix+reapers=death from above!
    Ever seen a U-Haul following a hearse??? Don't Hold Back!

Hi Tek Stabilizers Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman3 View Post
    With the outfitter, yeah
    Sounds like you could do better on ur own anyway.

Where is this place at? Don't think I'd be going back

It's called western illinois trophy outfitters, they have tons of birds on the properties and we has tons of birds gobbling at dawn, but right when they hit the ground they would shut up. My guide did all he could but things just sucked. It was 500 for the hunt and about 180 in fuel to drive there + booze, cigars, and food. I still has a blast and my guide was a really cool guy. It really bummed me out that I didn't kill one but that's the way things go

Quote Originally Posted by ndm View Post
    Sounds like you could do better on ur own anyway.
    I don't think haha, my properties don't even carry birds, I just got lucky two years ago

Quote Originally Posted by 2X_LUNG View Post
    Outdoorsman, I'll take you turkey hunting for half that!!!! And you will kill one!
    I wish I could afford the fuel to come out! And my next two weekends are booked solid do that wouldn't work

Hell I'd take ya for free lol I offered for someone to come hunt when we first became a team!
    Obsession Knightmare- where bad dreams come true!!
    Tru glo range rover
    Qad HD
    Octane stab
    Tree limb quiver

I was talking just fuel n food!!!!

These birds are making me mad here in missouri they wont work right i cant call one within 70 yards idk whats going to happen!!!
    I am a bowhunter, I stand for hunter's rights I can and will Kill all big bucks and does who come across me when I'm in my stand.
    2014 Hoyt Charger, Easton aftermath 340's Fletcher .44 mag release 100 GR. Slick Trick Nuke broadheads

I got one guys, gonna post him up. 24.5 lbs, 1.25 spurs and 10.5 beard
    Reflex Super Slam 60 pounds-AMS Bowfishing set up
    2010 Mathews Z7 Limited Edition 70 pounds CX Maxima Hunters, Tricks, HHA sight, Scott Release, Ripcord Code Red Rest, T5 Quiver

We'll boys that was my season ! No birds at all. Been a very odd season with hardly any gobbling
    '13 MOBI Bowtech EXperience/ 63 Lbs/ 28.5" DL_Spot Hogg 7-Pin Hunter_QAD HDX_Vendetta Enforcer_Octane Deadlock Pro
    DCA SD Hunter-428gn-280FPS-Momentum=.53|KE=74lbs
    7 Lakes Long Bows Custom Built 64" Long Night-Cocobollo-50 Lbs @ 28"
    Deer Crossing Archery Shooting Staff

Good job, nice to see another down

Congrats wibow!!! Pics?? Video??

Had nobody home to take pics so it's a crappy one. Also no video as my cannon camera developed an issue with the tapes a couple weeks ago so i haven't been able to use it.
    2010 Mathews Z7 Limited Edition 70 pounds CX Maxima Hunters, Tricks, HHA sight, Scott Release, Ripcord Code Red Rest, T5 Quiver

Awesome bird!!!! Great job

We all done boys?

I've taken 2 more with the shotgun since and got one for my brother. I'm already on the board so just doing some late season runnin and gunnin

Quote Originally Posted by 2X_LUNG View Post
    We all done boys?
    Season closed here today, I never got a chance to go after a bigger one.

Hey guys sorry I didn't really help out this year I finally killed a bird 2nd to last day of season, ive had a rought time here lately between my bow and everything I own getting stolen and family members and a good friend passing away I just aint had the resources or time.... a buddy did let me loan his bow to go after a bird last day of season and that didn't go well.... but hopefully ill rebound bowseason... if I have a new bow

I am a bowhunter, I stand for hunter's rights I can and will Kill all big bucks and does who come across me when I'm in my stand.
    2014 Hoyt Charger, Easton aftermath 340's Fletcher .44 mag release 100 GR. Slick Trick Nuke broadheads

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112