Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Team 12 - Roost Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by ndm View Post
    We got 5 of 9 for roost raiders, should we make it official?
    Yep let's go for it. I'll PM the other two guys and try to get them to sign in with us

'13 MOBI Bowtech EXperience/ 63 Lbs/ 28.5" DL_Spot Hogg 7-Pin Hunter_QAD HDX_Vendetta Enforcer_Octane Deadlock Pro
    DCA SD Hunter-428gn-280FPS-Momentum=.53|KE=74lbs
    7 Lakes Long Bows Custom Built 64" Long Night-Cocobollo-50 Lbs @ 28"
    Deer Crossing Archery Shooting Staff

Quote Originally Posted by DuckExecutioner View Post
    Yep let's go for it. I'll PM the other two guys and try to get them to sign in with us
    Ok, I'll post up our name

Thanks for coming to get me, DE. I tried so hard to get in that I should've just shown right up. But Im here now and ready to slay.

About me: I'm from MA. Fish (and soon hunt) AK each year. Tuna in San Diego, Aug. 40s, Fairly new to hunting but I go full bore in everything I do so I got all kinds of great spots for deer and Turkey, some public, most private and, call me nuts but I love scouting/hunting swamps.

And ill be GLAD to travel to hunt with fellow hunters sometimes once I settle my mother's estate. This year is a big deal for me because it was almost a year ago in the field, in my turkey blind, I got a text from her saying she was in pain so I insisted she go to the hospital where I met her and it was all downhill from there. In fact, there's a monster Tom out there that owes her a debt of gratitude cause I had him coming in off the top of a landfill... but there's a million turkeys and only one mother.

Anyways, enough about me but that's my current story... im gonna post up some pics of my main turkey hunting spot, the layout and some cam pics for those of you that love looking at that stuff.

Nice to meet you all,
    E

Just kidding, that's not me...

Nice to meet you man! Sorry to hear about your mother, I lost my mom at age 13, 6 years ago to cancer. It really sucks for sure so I now how you feel
    Hunting~~2011 G5 Prime Shift, Extreme Archery Site, Fuse Carbon Blade, Easton FMJ 440gr. 275fps 77KE, Nap Spitfire Maxx, QAD Drop Away Pro HDX, 65 pounds, 29" DL
    TEAM 15--- Band of Booners

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman3 View Post
    Nice to meet you man! Sorry to hear about your mother, I lost my mom at age 13, 6 years ago to cancer. It really sucks for sure so I now how you feel
    I'm real sorry to hear that. That's way too young for both of you to go through anything like that. One thing, though, I refuse to do is feel bad for myself. I believe the best way to go forward is that our loved ones want us to live as well as possible so let's score some monster toms in honor of em.

Btw, didn't mean to turn this into a survivors thread but it's just a fact a lot of us have lost loved ones and I think being out in the field, scouting and hunting, is some of the best medicine known to man.

the real me

The birdseye pic is my favorite area. That shot was for deer analysis but its also a great turkey spot. It's powerlines and 2 meadows separated by a hill that slopes down to a landfill.

The turkeys love the top of the landfill and many roost in the trees at the forests edge straight up from the landfill so they can coast right onto the hill in the am. I set up about 100-150ft from the base with a hen (this year with a btd Jake too) and call em down. They also spin, jump and strut along the top left corner of the road.

Looking foraward to a great season and wish you all the same.

Nice bird man! Looks like a promising spot! Our team it's looking stacked as hell! I should kill at least one if not two birds and most others seem to have a grip on hunting them! Let's win this, fellas!
    Hunting~~2011 G5 Prime Shift, Extreme Archery Site, Fuse Carbon Blade, Easton FMJ 440gr. 275fps 77KE, Nap Spitfire Maxx, QAD Drop Away Pro HDX, 65 pounds, 29" DL

One thing the rules don't specify is how many birds you can score for the scoring thread? Anyone know? If it's only one, and you kill a better one after the first, can you replace it?
    '13 MOBI Bowtech EXperience/ 63 Lbs/ 28.5" DL_Spot Hogg 7-Pin Hunter_QAD HDX_Vendetta Enforcer_Octane Deadlock Pro

Roost raiders is good with me! I don't mind a bit!

What's everybody's biggest bird? I killed one two years ago weighed 27 lbs gutted out, 11.5 inch beard, and 1 3/4 inch spurs! He was literatly a limb hanger! Had him and 16 hens out In the field. I somehow beat the eyes and stalked about 100 yards with the shotgun, got set up and they were back where I first was!! *****!! Couldn't make him budge from those hens, so I started cutting up a storm, working mouth and slate call at the same time and got the hens in to me! Finally shot him at 54 yards! It was a hunt I'll never forget and probably my favorite ever!!
    Obsession Knightmare- where bad dreams come true!!
    Tru glo range rover
    Qad HD
    Octane stab
    Tree limb quiver

One thing the rules don't specify is how many birds you can score for the scoring thread? Anyone know? If it's only one, and you kill a better one after the first, can you replace it?
    Good question, Duck. I asked MidLife if anyone could score more than one bird if our member count came up short and he said there was no way... one person, one bird.

However, I think it's ok to brag about your bird here yet not formally submit it til the last couple of days in case you score one bigger.

Nice bird man! Looks like a promising spot! Our team it's looking stacked as hell! I should kill at least one if not two birds and most others seem to have a grip on hunting them! Let's win this, fellas!
    thanks, outdoorsman... you're very kind. He's only a Jake but I put arrows through 2 huge toms just prior and they managed to get away. I gotta blunt my heads to prevent passthrough or switch to guillotines n go for head shot.

That Jake got spooked at my main killpoint and went around some bushes and up a hill past the side lane id cut for just such a situation. He went down like a rock, literally, because the arrow severed both wing bones and the spine simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman130 View Post
    Roost raiders is good with me! I don't mind a bit!
    I like it and will go with whatever but I still submit Gobbler Wobblers just for the fun of it.

Just a few more for fun...

Turkey Jerky
    No Hens for Men
    Breast Men
    Turkasaurus Rex

Sorry, I know those are horrible.
    What's everybody's biggest bird? I killed one two years ago weighed 27 lbs gutted out, 11.5 inch beard, and 1 3/4 inch spurs! He was literatly a limb hanger! Had him and 16 hens out In the field. I somehow beat the eyes and stalked about 100 yards with the shotgun, got set up and they were back where I first was!! *****!! Couldn't make him budge from those hens, so I started cutting up a storm, working mouth and slate call at the same time and got the hens in to me! Finally shot him at 54 yards! It was a hunt I'll never forget and probably my favorite ever!!
    awesome story, classic, too... what a beast! nice move calling in the hens. Don't know how you remained unseen though. Great job!

Jake or Tom they are still smart and take a lot of skill with a bow!

My biggest and only bird was the 23 pounds with 10 inch beard and 1.5s, I got spoiled with by first bird lol

I've taken some nice ones too. It's always a blast chasing them with the stick!!
    Addicted String Builder>>>-------->
    Hoyt FaKtor+reapers=death from above!
    Ever seen a U-Haul following a hearse??? Don't Hold Back!

Hi Tek Stabilizers Pro Staff

Hey, checking in from wi. I didn't know I was even on a team as Midlife told me I was too late for the sign up. I hunt about 2500 acres (5 different properties) here in Wi. Last year I killed 6 toms myself and called in 5 more that friends and family members shot. My goal for this year is to get a kill shot on video using the bullheads. I am also planning a trip to Nw nebraska in late may to try to kill a merriam gobbler on public land, but that will be a run and gun type hunt with the super x2 and the bow will probably be staying home due to my limited time and lack of knowledge of the area. Sounds like we have a pretty good team here.
    Reflex Super Slam 60 pounds-AMS Bowfishing set up
    2010 Mathews Z7 Limited Edition 70 pounds CX Maxima Hunters, Tricks, HHA sight, Scott Release, Ripcord Code Red Rest, T5 Quiver

Welcome man!! For an 8 person team I think we can win this!!!

Holy crap! 11 turkeys killed under your calling! our team just got another all star!

I think were up to 9 guys now, but we're lookin good!

Jake or Tom they are still smart and take a lot of skill with a bow!

My biggest and only bird was the 23 pounds with 10 inch beard and 1.5s, I got spoiled with by first bird lol
    yes, spoiled for sure... but a good way! Time to repeat or beat!

Quote Originally Posted by 2X_LUNG View Post
    I've taken some nice ones too. It's always a blast chasing them with the stick!!
    Had a battle of wits once on a high landfill with one of these guys. They won.

Quote Originally Posted by wibowhuntb&d View Post
    Hey, checking in from wi. I didn't know I was even on a team as Midlife told me I was too late for the sign up. I hunt about 2500 acres (5 different properties) here in Wi. Last year I killed 6 toms myself and called in 5 more that friends and family members shot. My goal for this year is to get a kill shot on video using the bullheads. I am also planning a trip to Nw nebraska in late may to try to kill a merriam gobbler on public land, but that will be a run and gun type hunt with the super x2 and the bow will probably be staying home due to my limited time and lack of knowledge of the area. Sounds like we have a pretty good team here.
    man, you are busy... and successful.

Holy crap! 11 turkeys killed under your calling! our team just got another all star!

I think were up to 9 guys now, but we're lookin good!
    If we score big ones, we could theoretically beat teams with more people.....

Good harvest, everyone.

Any of you guys ever went with bow and no blind? After I get my first one this year, the second will be no blind and maybe run and gun ( with a bow) lol I've killed plenty of birds so the more challenging the better to me!
    Tru glo range rover
    Qad HD
    Octane stab
    Tree limb quiver

Any of you guys ever went with bow and no blind? After I get my first one this year, the second will be no blind and maybe run and gun ( with a bow) lol I've killed plenty of birds so the more challenging the better to me!
    I'm going to try my first day of out fitter hunting with no blind

yes, after hrs waiting, I jad one big gobbler get closer then get spooked so I just got fed up. When he disappeared up the landfill hill, I ran around the back and tried to come up behind him from another angle. I came up behind him but about 30yds too soon... he flew..

Biggest bird was last year 22lbs 11 1/2 inch beard 1 1/2 inch spurs shot him at around 45 yards dropped him lol
    I am a bowhunter, I stand for hunter's rights I can and will Kill all big bucks and does who come across me when I'm in my stand.
    2014 Hoyt Charger, Easton aftermath 340's Fletcher .44 mag release 100 GR. Slick Trick Nuke broadheads

These turkeys aren't even ready

These turkeys aren't even ready
    Good lookin call!

So guys, who's gonna be first to kill a bird?!
    Tru glo range rover
    Qad HD
    Octane stab
    Tree limb quiver

We don't start til April 21 in ohio
    Addicted String Builder>>>-------->
    Hoyt FaKtor+reapers=death from above!
    Ever seen a U-Haul following a hearse??? Don't Hold Back!

Hi Tek Stabilizers Pro Staff

May 2nd for me lol

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast