a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Team 12 - Roost Raiders

Damn you guys with earlier seasons, lol may 2nd is so far away

Hunting~~2011 G5 Prime Shift, Extreme Archery Site, Fuse Carbon Blade, Easton FMJ 440gr. 275fps 77KE, Nap Spitfire Maxx, QAD Drop Away Pro HDX, 65 pounds, 29" DL
    TEAM 15--- Band of Booners

I just built a new set of threads tonight for my elite. They will be taking down a big tom in 3 weeks!!!!!
    Addicted String Builder>>>-------->
    Obsession Phoenix+reapers=death from above!
    Ever seen a U-Haul following a hearse??? Don't Hold Back!

Hi Tek Stabilizers Pro Staff

Do you make strings professionally? Or just a hobby? They look great!
    Hunting~~2011 G5 Prime Shift, Extreme Archery Site, Fuse Carbon Blade, Easton FMJ 440gr. 275fps 77KE, Nap Spitfire Maxx, QAD Drop Away Pro HDX, 65 pounds, 29" DL

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman3 View Post
    Do you make strings professionally? Or just a hobby? They look great!
    Just for fun. I've made many sets for friends and local guys! They all love them!!!.

Very good looking strings! After I'm out of the service and get my own place I'd love to start making strings

Sweet looking strings man! I just traded my evo for a 2013 obsession knightmare!! Cannot wait to get it!
    Obsession Knightmare- where bad dreams come true!!
    Tru glo range rover
    Qad HD
    Octane stab
    Tree limb quiver

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman130 View Post
    Sweet looking strings man! I just traded my evo for a 2013 obsession knightmare!! Cannot wait to get it!
    I'll build u a set of these for it

It's blacked out, so those would defenitly look sweet! Might be giving you a call! Do you get good speeds with your strings? I know some gain/lose speed depending on the string. I had breathn put strings and tune my evo, made it ALOT faster. It was gettin 307 fps with almost a 500 grain arrow
    Tru glo range rover
    Qad HD
    Octane stab
    Tree limb quiver

I've been getting great speeds. Yes

Went on another scouting mission this afternoon, counted 67 birds in the field and at one time there was 14 Toms strutting. Can't wait for the 14th.

Damn I haven't even seen 67 birds in my life..

It's a pretty good little honey hole, you almost need ear plugs in the morning sitting in the blind there's so much gobbling. Hoping I can get my wife to go with me this year to video a couple times.

Got two plots in and new blind ordered!!
    Tru glo range rover
    Qad HD
    Octane stab
    Tree limb quiver

Got two plots in and new blind ordered!!
    What did you get for a blind?

I use the rhino xp-1. Great blind

I got the blind luck.. Can't remember if it's from ameristep or primos, it's a lot like the older double bulls with the 180 degree window In front!

Figured as team mates, I'd let you guys know you may not be too happy with me lol there is a bird on my lease that is ALWAYS by himself. He will come get hens In the spring but will hit it and git of you know what I mean. Here's the catch, he's slipped hunters on our lease in the past three seasons, and even my good buddy that leases the prop beside us, he hunts for drury and had him close a few times, but never sealed the deal. He claimed it was the biggest bird he's ever laid eyes on. I have trail cam pics of him in the fall, once again, by hisself, and his beard was literatly dragging the ground. He's a monster and will defenitly rival, probable beat my biggest bird to date which was 27 lbs gutted out. But don't be discouraged guys, I WILL kill him lol and if not, and another nice bird comes in, I'm sure I'll take it too, but if this bird is in my sight, I have the set up to where he will die(unless I miss) lol he's got about a 10 yrd strip to slip by me and I don't think he will be able to. We call him "white head" because his head is always white lol he's got to be about 4-5 yrs old, because my buddy who hunts for drury saw him 3 springs ago and he was mature then. Can't wait to get my hands on him. If everything goes as planned it'll all be on film to so I really really hope I can pull this off for the roost raiders!
    Tru glo range rover
    Qad HD
    Octane stab
    Tree limb quiver

I hope you whack him! Sounds like a true legend lol, maybe you can get on drury if you kill it too!

Haha that'd be sweet! I filmed for my buddy a few times with high hopes I'd get in but hasn't happened yet!!
    Tru glo range rover
    Qad HD
    Octane stab
    Tree limb quiver

I got the blind luck.. Can't remember if it's from ameristep or primos, it's a lot like the older double bulls with the 180 degree window In front!

Figured as team mates, I'd let you guys know you may not be too happy with me lol there is a bird on my lease that is ALWAYS by himself. He will come get hens In the spring but will hit it and git of you know what I mean. Here's the catch, he's slipped hunters on our lease in the past three seasons, and even my good buddy that leases the prop beside us, he hunts for drury and had him close a few times, but never sealed the deal. He claimed it was the biggest bird he's ever laid eyes on. I have trail cam pics of him in the fall, once again, by hisself, and his beard was literatly dragging the ground. He's a monster and will defenitly rival, probable beat my biggest bird to date which was 27 lbs gutted out. But don't be discouraged guys, I WILL kill him lol and if not, and another nice bird comes in, I'm sure I'll take it too, but if this bird is in my sight, I have the set up to where he will die(unless I miss) lol he's got about a 10 yrd strip to slip by me and I don't think he will be able to. We call him "white head" because his head is always white lol he's got to be about 4-5 yrs old, because my buddy who hunts for drury saw him 3 springs ago and he was mature then. Can't wait to get my hands on him. If everything goes as planned it'll all be on film to so I really really hope I can pull this off for the roost raiders!
    Can't wait to see the video.

I'm just so ready to hunt. This past fall was pathetic for me. I've been toting a gun every fall for 11 years since I was 7 years old abs got at least one kill every season, even if it was a couple ducks or geese. Of course my older years I killed deer and dozens of foul.. but last season I did not kill one thing all season. I had football until early November and that shot my whole season. Then when the rut came around there wasn't a deer in sight. So I have a pretty itchy finger to let an arrow fly. Next week I finish up my military processing and will be officially enlisted, and then I can focus on Turkey hunting for a couple weeks. I'm pumped!

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman3 View Post
    I'm just so ready to hunt. This past fall was pathetic for me. I've been toting a gun every fall for 11 years since I was 7 years old abs got at least one kill every season, even if it was a couple ducks or geese. Of course my older years I killed deer and dozens of foul.. but last season I did not kill one thing all season. I had football until early November and that shot my whole season. Then when the rut came around there wasn't a deer in sight. So I have a pretty itchy finger to let an arrow fly. Next week I finish up my military processing and will be officially enlisted, and then I can focus on Turkey hunting for a couple weeks. I'm pumped!
    Thanks for your future service man! Really do appreciate it all. And guys my season opens up this Saturday, my buddy has got two huge toms already pinned to their roosts and he crawled up within bow range on one today as he was scouting. Plus I'm shooting 2" groups at 40 and 3" at 50 yards so I'm feel pretty good about Saturday! Hopefully I can put up some points for us
    '13 MOBI Bowtech EXperience/ 63 Lbs/ 28.5" DL_Spot Hogg 7-Pin Hunter_QAD HDX_Vendetta Enforcer_Octane Deadlock Pro
    DCA SD Hunter-428gn-280FPS-Momentum=.53|KE=74lbs
    7 Lakes Long Bows Custom Built 64" Long Night-Cocobollo-50 Lbs @ 28"
    Deer Crossing Archery Shooting Staff

Quote Originally Posted by DuckExecutioner View Post
    Thanks for your future service man! Really do appreciate it all. And guys my season opens up this Saturday, my buddy has got two huge toms already pinned to their roosts and he crawled up within bow range on one today as he was scouting. Plus I'm shooting 2" groups at 40 and 3" at 50 yards so I'm feel pretty good about Saturday! Hopefully I can put up some points for us
    That's some fine shooting! I pulled my bow out since not shooting since about September last year and am right on the money, I'm ready to kill a bird or two!

My daughters bird shot this afternoon, 23lbs, 10in beard and 1in spurs. Happy girl and proud Dad. Best thing in the world!!uploadfromtaptalk1397004592694.jpg

That's awesome! Congrats to both of you! Now Its your turn to put one down!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast