a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Carbon Overdrive

Carbon Overdrive

It seems that people don't like the CO. I made the journey today to try it out. I shot a DNA last year, and this bow kills it. It has a better draw, valley...could hold this thing all day without it taking off. Posting on the TECH FORUM to get better opinions of people who have shot it. What do you all think? I want the good and the bad.

Could you compare this bow to a Insanity CPX or Elite E32

I liked it. It's fast, light. Draw isn't bad.
    Team 20 Undeertakers

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt_27 View Post
    Could you compare this bow to a Insanity CPX or Elite E32
    I have not shot the CPX, but I thought the E32 was nice until the last inch of draw. It got stiff, but maybe out of tune.

I shot it when I went to go look at the 360. Very harsh draw if you ask me. I shot it once, told the dealer he could keep it. He said I don't blame you. The bow feels great in the hand though, super light, I laughed when it was handed to me. If their wasn't a steep drop off at the end, I would have walked out with it instead of the 360.
    Bowtech RPM360 70# Stormy Original---Elite E32 60# Realtree Xtra
    Easton A/C/C Pro Hunter 300---Easton FMJ 400
    Axcel Sight ~ Ripcord Rest---AXT Sight ~ Whisker Biscuit
    Carbofast 8"/11.5" Stabilizer---Bee Stinger 6" Stab
    We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

I own one and love it!!! I had a cpx and I will say same specs my cpx was 8 fps slower them my OD. Tony219er tuned it and no big hump anymore and at 28" draw 70# and a 462 gr arrow shot 290-293 fps!!!! Love the bow light fast and quiet and holds wonderful

How does the Carbon Overdrive compare to the D350?

LC

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

LC
    I was wondering the same, I may go shoot a CO

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

LC
    I shot the overdrive yesterday next to my destroyer. Aside from grip and weight difference, the overdrive was smooth up until the end were it Humps back into the wall. The hump seemed to be the same as my D350 but the first half of the overdrive draw felt easier. Both bows were set at 29" backed off to 65pounds
    Bowtech Destroyer 350 65# 29"dl

I agree with Hoosier. The first part of the draw is sweet. When you get over the hump, the valley is nice. It feels like you can hold it all day.

I need to send my od to tony219 love the bow but the draw is super stout for me.
    BLACK CARBON OVERDRIVE
    BLACK RPM
    SUMMIT VIPER ELITE SD

They must not be selling very well. I got an email from Bowtech offering a free soft case or instant rebate with the purchase of a CO.
    Team 20 Undeertakers

Quote Originally Posted by seiowabow View Post
    They must not be selling very well. I got an email from Bowtech offering a free soft case or instant rebate with the purchase of a CO.
    How much is the rebate, wonder if that deal is available to anyone. The only real negative I have for it is some real shotty camo dips, lot of blank spots.

$50 instant rebate. I'm assuming everyone
    Team 20 Undeertakers

Just got an OD this week and it is a tack driver before any yoke tuning. Shot bare shafts very straight.
    I've never owned a bow that had such a skew riser but shot so well. Apparently they are like that out the mould.
    The draw is same as other OD binaries and the little hump at the back can easily be tuned out by advancing the cams a bit.
    The valley is actually way too long and if you put the modules at 4 and the stops at 4 you get a 1/2" wide valley. I put the stops one number further to get the valley shorter and on par with my D350 and Experience
    Bowtech Carbon Overdrive & Experience
    600gn arrows
    PE Bow Shop

IMO it has a pretty big hump and then dumps into the hole pretty hard ! Lightweight and fast , the one we chronoed shot the exact same speed as the rpm ! I just don't like the draw cycle at all ! Everything else about the bow I like .

Here is my set up QAD 12" 8 ounce B stinger MBG 4 pin sight. Like I said befor the draw is stout for me so I turned it down 3 turns to 54.8#. Now the bow is fun for me to shoot. Bow tuned up fast .right. now I am shooting 365 grain 28"series 22 with 120 grain nock buster blazers easton bushing and nocks. The bow is light but shoots and holds on target very well. I think the bow is still fast even at 54.8# 365 grains 290fps over a pro chrono. I think I will shoot around 400 grains and a fixed head for hunting this year. So far I really like this bow.
    BLACK CARBON OVERDRIVE
    BLACK RPM
    SUMMIT VIPER ELITE SD

I just finished the final tune on mine today and ran some numbers. It is at 68.8 lbs draw, 28" dl on the nose on my draw board, 6.375" brace and shoots 403 grains at 302 fps for just shy of 82 ft# ke. OT-2 puts it at 349 ibo. With sight and rest installed it weighs the same as a bare d350, and with a fully loaded tight spot quiver weighs 5.6 lbs. It does have a marked skew at draw in the riser (which is kind of freaky at first), but at 100 yards I put 5 arrows into a 8 inch circle, so consistency does not seem to be a problem for this hunting set-up! I really like shooting this bow! For a guy who puts on LOTS of miles elk and moose hunting every season, I can't think of a better set up! Jmo

Norm

Wonder how long they will make limbs for it?

2013 Destroyer has been discontinued, and no more limbs are being made.

I would think for a few years at least.
    BLACK CARBON OVERDRIVE
    BLACK RPM
    SUMMIT VIPER ELITE SD