a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maitland Replacement Limbs

Maitland Replacement Limbs

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am currently looking into getting limbs made by Barnsdale for us Maitland owners who have been left with something we love, only to have it fall apart right before our eyes. That's right, I am talking about splintered limbs. After a few emails and a lengthy phone conversation with Sir Dave, him and I have agreed that a quantity of 100 limbs of any given style would be worth his and my time to go forth with this project.

I would like to start gathering a list of people and bows that are in need of limbs. I will start by saying that I have a 60lb Kinetic 6 that is in desperate need of some. Please post what bow you have and the info marked on your limbs.

I look forward to speaking with all of you regarding this and hope that we can figure something out together. If it comes down to it, I will ask for you to send me the limb(s) you guys have so I can gather more data and have them deflection tested when Dave and I get closer to getting these made.

-Paul

I have an X-Factor, Limbs are marked BP 053 12. They are 40# limbs, but I would like to move up to 50#. They have not started to splinter.
    Lern

I have two Maitland Zeus, one 50 lb BP 071 12 and one 60 lb'er BP 071 11....both look identical.

Quote Originally Posted by mxtuner1 View Post
    I have two Maitland Zeus, one 50 lb BP 071 12 and one 60 lb'er BP 071 11....both look identical.
    The 071 is the deflection and the 11 and 12 are year of manufacture.... I'm amazed you got a 50 and a 60 lb bow off the same defection.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarcher GB View Post
    The 071 is the deflection and the 11 and 12 are year of manufacture.... I'm amazed you got a 50 and a 60 lb bow off the same defection.
    Yes. Could you also include the overall length of the limb? I need 25 sets (100 limbs) to make a single order.

I am not 100% sure what all the different lengths of limbs are and what is interchangeable between models and years so any help there would also be great.

Thanks again everyone!

paul good work, I sent a private with more information thanks

I soon will have 25 possible interested in blades

I have an X-Factor, Limbs are marked BP 053 12. They are 40# limbs, but I would like to move up to 50#. They have not started to splinter.
    The overall limb length appears to be 13 3/16".
    Lern

FYI I will not be able to sell these in Europe or Africa as there is already someone there trying to work out this same issue who is a Barnsdale dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by mxtuner1 View Post
    The 60lb limb should be ~86 deflection - the 50lb limbs were ~69.

Where you could get report tips for arches maitland in europe, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pepetorro View Post
    Where you could get report tips for arches maitland in europe, thanks
    I will get you the contact information as soon as I can.

Yes my bad gents...on the Zeus...071 is 50 lb and 093 is 60 lb,

And also gents, I would absolutely love a set of 053 limbs! As a matter of fact...I would purchase 3 complete sets and would even like a set in the 040 range!

I would be interested in a def 86 set for my Halo 34

Pricing would be ~$160 for a full set of 4 limbs. They would be fully finished and matte black.

I'd be interested in a set of 60# for a K6.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULN8R View Post
    The 60lb limb should be ~86 deflection - the 50lb limbs were ~69.
    I think it depends on which cam is on the Zeus, certainly the 2011 had the VTR and VTX options, which were super ceded by 'The Aggressor Cam on the 2012 model.

I am still working on finding enough people who need limbs.

I need to order 25 sets (100) limbs total of the same deflection. I don't have money pouring out of my wallet so I will need to find buyers before I place the first order. If you know anyone looking for limbs, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get them in contact with me.

I would be willing to go as low as $125 a set (4 limbs) for the first batch just to get this started.

I should also note that a Maitland dealer in South Africa/Europe has also contacted Barnsdale about making limbs. He has quite a few people interested in limbs as well. I am trying to work out a deal with him so we can buy these together.

-Paul

Paul, do all of the limbs need to be the same weight and size? How close are we?
    Lern

I'm in need of a set of 50# for the girlfriends bow. She currently has 60#. I don't have the bow in hand. But next time I see it I'll look up what the markings on it are. And that's for a k7.
    2013 Bowtech Experience, Copper John Mk 3 w/dovetail, TT Smackdown Pro, 7'' octane stab

I have a Maitland Session I would like a spare set of limbs for. The number on the limbs is BP 053 12, this set is supposed to be 60lbs but there are only coming in at 54. Would like a true 60lb set. Let me know what more I need to do on my end.

The same deflection limbs on different bows will produce a different draw weight. That is why I am trying to get as much info as possible from current owners. I am unsure of what limbs are physically interchangeable between models and am having a tough time getting enough people who need the exact same deflection.

Does anybody know who made limbs for Maitland originally?

Quote Originally Posted by PAULN8R View Post
    I should also note that a Maitland dealer in South Africa/Europe has also contacted Barnsdale about making limbs. He has quite a few people interested in limbs as well. I am trying to work out a deal with him so we can buy these together.

-Paul

Interested to know who to contact in Europe as I may just keep my Zeus if I can get some 60# limbs (prob 3 sets)
    Unlimited Compound: IFAA/EFAA: (3D/Animal/Field/5 Spot), NFAS: (3D/Animal), Archery GB (FITA)
    The Archery Company Doinker Stabilizers
    Dean Layton-James - Just a lowly UK Pro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast