Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maitland Replacement Limbs

http://www.maitlandusa.com/documents...ifications.pdf

2010 Bowtech 350, RedZone HD, QAD Ultra-Rest,Octane Quiver, Fuse stabilizer, Tru Ball Short-N-Sweet, Easton Flat Line Surgical
    "On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died". Adlai E Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by twistedmetal View Post
    That is the info I need, I just need it for all the 2013 bows.

Thanks, twistedmetal!

2010 Bowtech 350, RedZone HD, QAD Ultra-Rest,Octane Quiver, Fuse stabilizer, Tru Ball Short-N-Sweet, Easton Flat Line Surgical
    "On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died". Adlai E Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by lern View Post
    Paul, do all of the limbs need to be the same weight and size? How close are we?
    Yes. I have over 20 sets wanted so far. I have only about ~5 sets max for any given deflection. We've got a ways to go. If I can buy them from the European/South African dealer we might be able to make this happen A LOT sooner.

Sorry for the double post. Stupid smart phones.

Quote Originally Posted by DLJ View Post
    Interested to know who to contact in Europe as I may just keep my Zeus if I can get some 60# limbs (prob 3 sets)
    Marco is the contact for replacement Maitland limbs in Europe. Marco's email address is astrosa@iafrica.com

-Paul

No problem on the double post.

Everyone's help is greatly greatly appreciated.

"TECHFLEX PERFORMANCE LIMBS
    The TECHFLEX limb is tried and true! Solid Gordon Composite, precision double belly cut limb that performs in harmony with our cams and are built to last a lifetime. A technologically advanced limb system that is an industry leader in performance bow design. All our bows offer TECHFLEX limb technology as it is true performance!"

Hmmm.

Have you tried contacting http://www.gordoncomposites.com/industries/archery.html This may be the best option if the limbs are truely made by them they would have everything needed to make some up.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULN8R View Post
    "TECHFLEX PERFORMANCE LIMBS
    The TECHFLEX limb is tried and true! Solid Gordon Composite, precision double belly cut limb that performs in harmony with our cams and are built to last a lifetime. A technologically advanced limb system that is an industry leader in performance bow design. All our bows offer TECHFLEX limb technology as it is true performance!"

Hmmm.
    2014 PSE Full Throttle 26.5" DL, 60lbs, Copper John Mark III sight, AQ Custom Rods, PSE X Weave Pro 300
    2014 PSE Full Premo Breathn Custom SHW Prairie, CJ Mark III sight, PSE Phantom rest, PSE Pro X Weave 300, 85 grain Grim Reapers

If it is the same limb I am worried that we would have the same problems with them.

I guess I should have broadened the reason for contacting them being the number of bows that seem to have the splintering. I have had 4 or 5 different Maitlands and I don't know what is going on with these limbs. That being said maybe Gordon Glass has an idea or maybe they had a bad batch? I don't think it would hurt to try to contact them and see what they have to say.
    If it is the same limb I am worried that we would have the same problems with them.
    2014 PSE Full Throttle 26.5" DL, 60lbs, Copper John Mark III sight, AQ Custom Rods, PSE X Weave Pro 300
    2014 PSE Full Premo Breathn Custom SHW Prairie, CJ Mark III sight, PSE Phantom rest, PSE Pro X Weave 300, 85 grain Grim Reapers

Paul,

I would take the exact same deflection limbs as I have didn't want to make it difficult. If I was not clear in previous posts.
    So please add me to the set count. I am more concerned with spares then more poundage.

Does anyone know who made the limbs for Maitland? Was it Gordon Composites?

Wow did I leave out a key piece of info. Of those 4 or 5 Maitlands I had, NONE of them ever had any issues. They were all as good as a bow could be. In fact while I've been trying to sell this Halo 31 I have no problems keeping it because it shoots so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bnbfishin View Post
    I guess I should have broadened the reason for contacting them being the number of bows that seem to have the splintering. I have had 4 or 5 different Maitlands and I don't know what is going on with these limbs. That being said maybe Gordon Glass has an idea or maybe they had a bad batch? I don't think it would hurt to try to contact them and see what they have to say.

I emailed Gordon Composites last night and will follow-up with a phone call Tuesday if they do not get back to me.

I will keep you posted.

If you are a Maitland owner and are interested in limbs or not, please take a second and fill in the following.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing

Marco is the contact for replacement Maitland limbs in Europe. Marco's email address is astrosa@iafrica.com

-Paul
    Many Thanks

Dean
    Unlimited Compound: IFAA/EFAA: (3D/Animal/Field/5 Spot), NFAS: (3D/Animal), Archery GB (FITA)
    The Archery Company
    Dean Layton-James - Just a lowly UK Pro

How accurate of measurements are you looking for?

If you are a Maitland owner and are interested in limbs or not, please take a second and fill in the following.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by FUDS View Post
    How accurate of measurements are you looking for?
    To the nearest 16th of an inch. I just need to know which bow had either the 12" or 13 3/16" (or other length that I don't know of yet)
    limbs.

To the nearest 16th of an inch. I just need to know which bow had either the 12" or 13 3/16" (or other length that I don't know of yet)
    limbs.
    Got a 2012 Zeus G3 50#

Limbs are 71 deflection (BP 071 12) and 12 1/8" (ran tape measure along outside of limb while on the bow)

just adding to the knowledge
    Unlimited Compound: IFAA/EFAA: (3D/Animal/Field/5 Spot), NFAS: (3D/Animal), Archery GB (FITA)
    The Archery Company
    Dean Layton-James - Just a lowly UK Pro

2012 Halo 34 60#
    Limbs are 74 Deflection (BP 74 12) and measured about 13 1/8 while on the bow, 3/4 width, and 7/16 on the tip

I could probably go for a shorter limb to shorten my brace a little bit too

I contacted Gordon Composites last week and just received an answer.

"The late response is due to GCI obtaining information regarding possible change of ownership of Maitland USA. If you will be so kind as to allow me 1 week to receive authorization to forward contact information I will do what I can help."

Better than a pole in the eye with a sharp stick. Let's see how this plays out.
    I contacted Gordon Composites last week and just received an answer.

"The late response is due to GCI obtaining information regarding possible change of ownership of Maitland USA. If you will be so kind as to allow me 1 week to receive authorization to forward contact information I will do what I can help."

I'm hoping this works out. It's been so frustrating not having any answers.

Just knowing if Maitland is just changing hands or is done has been something they should have just made an announcement saying this is what's happening and this is the timeline. Not just disappear and let us panic. I sold my Maitland because of this. The girlfriend is still rocking hers but that's cause she won't listen to me attempting to get her to sell.
    2013 Bowtech Experience, Copper John Mk 3 w/dovetail, TT Smackdown Pro, 7'' octane stab

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast