View Poll Results: Have you used Anabolic Steroids, Test or HGH?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 20.90%
  • No

140 79.10%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you used Anabolic Steroids, Testosterone and/or HGH? Anonymous Poll

Ouch!!! BNE hurts brother!! And I'm assuming that's boldenone no ester btw.

Obsession Evolution Gunmetal riser/black limbs 66#/30
    Obsession Knightmare all black 60#/30 (for sell)
    2008 Elite GTO black riser/max1 limbs 65#/30 (for sell)
    MBG sights and QADs on all

Quote Originally Posted by BowTeker01 View Post
    Ouch!!! BNE hurts brother!! And I'm assuming that's boldenone no ester btw.
    correct
    No man is truly married until he understands every word his wife is NOT saying.

I have never taken steroids, but I will admit that I have looked into it very seriously. An individual that works out at my gym gained 50+ pounds of muscle in a year, went from 155-160 to 205+. Which is hard to argue the results and makes you consider it. There is something about being the biggest and strongest dude in the gym.
    PSE EVO, Boss Hogg, Tru Ball, QAD, Dead Center Archery
    Scheels Archery Team

Quote Originally Posted by BirdDawg350 View Post
    I have never taken steroids, but I will admit that I have looked into it very seriously. An individual that works out at my gym gained 50+ pounds of muscle in a year, went from 155-160 to 205+. Which is hard to argue the results and makes you consider it. There is something about being the biggest and strongest dude in the gym.
    I seriously doubt he put on 50lbs of musle in a year, Bodyweight yes but not muscle unless he ran an asinine amount of gear,growth,slin and peptides!

Im not sure what he ran, but he put on a tremendous amount of muscle. It may be a bit exaggerated at all muscle, but he got really big, really fast.
    PSE EVO, Boss Hogg, Tru Ball, QAD, Dead Center Archery
    Scheels Archery Team

Quote Originally Posted by BirdDawg350 View Post
    Im not sure what he ran, but he put on a tremendous amount of muscle. It may be a bit exaggerated at all muscle, but he got really big, really fast.
    I'm not disagreeing with you there bro, You do get big fast when you run a proper cycle with a good diet and proper training, It's not entirely impossible to put on 50 good lbs in a year with the right cycles, But it's extremely rare for it to happen to a average gym rat!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTracker View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you there bro, You do get big fast when you run a proper cycle with a good diet and proper training, It's not entirely impossible to put on 50 good lbs in a year with the right cycles, But it's extremely rare for it to happen to a average gym rat!
    t

I question it a little bit. It's pretty obvious that starting at 155lbs (unless he was a midget) he knew nothing about proper diet and training. I'm also assuming that if he did gain 50lbs that he never came off cycle that entire year which is poor to his health and this behavior is what often gives steroids a bad name. Without proper diet and training knowledge there's no way that he kept his gains either.

Even with all of that I'm guessing half of his gains were water.

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    t

I question it a little bit. It's pretty obvious that starting at 155lbs (unless he was a midget) he knew nothing about proper diet and training. I'm also assuming that if he did gain 50lbs that he never came off cycle that entire year which is poor to his health and this behavior is what often gives steroids a bad name. Without proper diet and training knowledge there's no way that he kept his gains either.

Even with all of that I'm guessing half of his gains were water.
    He more than likely put on a good 20-25lbs of lean muscle in a year which is a fking lot of muscle, Most people assume that its much more than what it really is too!

Quote Originally Posted by JWAG View Post
    Pretty much everything "bigger faster stronger" covered.

What bothers me is we still let smokers smoke cigarettes and alcoholics drink alcohol (essentially letting them kill themselves and the people around them) We're also "progressing" now and letting pot smokers get high, even letting gay people be gay (lol), but they still choose to live in ignorance and won't let health conscience people use steroids to help accomplish physical goals. It's laughable.

EVERYBODY LOOK OUT FOR THE BIG BAD HEALTHY PEOPLE!!!!!!

Pretty much everything "bigger faster stronger" covered.

What bothers me is we still let smokers smoke cigarettes and alcoholics drink alcohol (essentially letting them kill themselves and the people around them) We're also "progressing" now and letting pot smokers get high, even letting gay people be gay (lol), but they still choose to live in ignorance and won't let health conscience people use steroids to help accomplish physical goals. It's laughable.

EVERYBODY LOOK OUT FOR THE BIG BAD HEALTHY PEOPLE!!!!!!
    Haha amen brother!! Steroids have just always been marked as bad. When in reality there are much worse legal substances that kill 100x more people a year.

Roid rage is another topic that's haunted users. Sorry people, steroids don't turn you into a crazy psychopath!! If you're an *******, you're an ******* and juice may make it worse by a smidge. They're not going to turn some little candy ass into a raging hulk that's beating peoples ass daily!!

The sad part is the people bashing steroids in the media and politics are a bunch of fat overweight human garbage! Who never ate clean a day in their life and certainly never did any type of weight training!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTracker View Post
    The sad part is the people bashing steroids in the media and politics are a bunch of fat overweight human garbage! Who never ate clean a day in their life and certainly never did any type of weight training!
    Very True

The most recent statistic I heard on the number of current steroid users in the U.S. was 6 million. Let's take those 6 million steroid users and also take 6 million overweight people and then look at mortality rates......I know who I'm putting my money on.

Very True

The most recent statistic I heard on the number of current steroid users in the U.S. was 6 million. Let's take those 6 million steroid users and also take 6 million overweight people and then look at mortality rates......I know who I'm putting my money on.
    People can do what they want but I have always wondered what happens to the steroid users after they get older and no longer want to use the gear? One person on here said they are 260 @10% man thats alot of beef to carry around later in life! I've heard that most of the top bodybuilders are insulin dependent because they just have too much mass and weight for their pancreas to handle, I realize that they are extreme but so is 260 @10%. Whats your thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by loujo61 View Post
    People can do what they want but I have always wondered what happens to the steroid users after they get older and no longer want to use the gear? One person on here said they are 260 @10% man thats alot of beef to carry around later in life! I've heard that most of the top bodybuilders are insulin dependent because they just have too much mass and weight for their pancreas to handle, I realize that they are extreme but so is 260 @10%. Whats your thoughts on this?
    You can't really compare bodybuilders to the average steroid user. Just like with any other drug, there's gonna be people out there that abuse it. Bodybuilders are definitely abusing steroids and they can and most likely will suffer long term health consequences. I've also noticed that people that abuse steroids often (obviously not always) abuse other drugs as well. There are many bodybuilders who smoke, drink, pop pain killers, take anti-depressants, and use many other kinds of recreational drugs. Eventually this will take it's toll on a body.

For the average user that just runs a few cycles and runs a good PCT it's easy. Just stop and go back to life. Any gains that you've made past your genetic potential will fade over time, but with proper diet and training you can easily maintain your genetic potential. People that have ran multiple cycles, extended cycles, or blast and cruise will most likely need to get on TRT for the rest of their life because no matter how you spin it, if you use aas for long enough, you're gonna get shut down permanently.

I haven't read the whole thread and don't know who it was that said they're 260lbs at 10% and don't know their story so I can't comment on that. All I'll say is the average steroid user that runs 2-3 cycles a year, uses the formula of time on + pct = Time off, and uses moderate dosages have little risk of developing any long term issues assuming they're in good health.

It's just like saying that it's highly unlikely for somebody in good health to develop any long term liver diseases from drinking a few beers a week. Drinking a case of beer everyday for years is most certainly asking for trouble....yet people still do it.

All I'll say is the average steroid user that runs 2-3 cycles a year, uses the formula of time on + pct = Time off, and uses moderate dosages have little risk of developing any long term issues assuming they're in good health.
    Wouldn't those cycles interfere with your bodies homeostasis?

Quote Originally Posted by dead_fowl View Post
    Negative, back when I played ball (college baseball) I considered it.

At this point in my life, it's not worth the risk.
    I'm 6'1" and never weighed over 170 both my college and high school baseball coaches tried to convince me to try to do a couple cycles.

I told them to kiss my @$$. I never hit bombs but I had a decent bat and could play some solid defense I guess you could say I was scrappy, but I know a lot of guys that I played travel ball with did and a few guys in college I have no doubt they did.

The benefits never outweighed the costs to me, but I'm sure to some of those guys with a dream of going pro it did.
    "The best investment you can ever make, is an investment in yourself to do something for you. The worst investment you can make is an investment in a government to do something for you."

I think your talking about me with the 260 @ 10%, I sure don't look like a body builder more like a tight end football player. I'm just a 2 cycles a year and maybe 1 depending on my work. 260 at 10% isn't extreme in my eyes and a lot of othere ppls. So if i was 260 and a slob as in body fat no muscle would you say that is extreme or normal? I'd think a person 260lbs in fat would be worse off then a 260 and muscles?
    2014 BT RPM 50lbs for wife 378 grain arrow 271 fps and 42 fps faster then her elite.
    2013 Hoyt spyder LD specs to come.
    2012 CPXL SH camo 52lbs 436 grain arrow 279fps.
    2012 Elite answer 52.5lbs wifes
    SZ 350

Wouldn't those cycles interfere with your bodies homeostasis?
    Sure it will. While on cycle your body will shut down its' natural production of testosterone, it can increase your estrogen, and can throw other hormones, lipids, etc out of whack. A proper PCT (post cycle therapy) will in most all cases restore natural testosterone, and AI (aromatase inhibitor) will control estrogen, and upon completion of the cycles other hormones as well as lipids, BP, RBC, etc should return to normal.

Worst case (and I'm not making light of it) is you don't bounce back and have to be on testosterone therapy for the rest of your life.

Sure it will. While on cycle your body will shut down its' natural production of testosterone, it can increase your estrogen, and can throw other hormones, lipids, etc out of whack. A proper PCT (post cycle therapy) will in most all cases restore natural testosterone, and AI (aromatase inhibitor) will control estrogen, and upon completion of the cycles other hormones as well as lipids, BP, RBC, etc should return to normal.

Worst case (and I'm not making light of it) is you don't bounce back and have to be on testosterone therapy for the rest of your life.
    But that'd only be in cases when doses were much higher than trt doses and taken for very long periods of time. I've blasted as high as 1g/week and cruised at 150mg/week. Then pct wait a month and be perfect. Very rarely will your body not recover.

I personally don't care who uses "gear" as it has no effect on me. So none of what I have to say is a judgement. It's just medical fact. Testosterone or anabolic steroids will increase your risks for many problems including high blood pressure, cardiac disease, stroke and cancer. So even if your penis doesn't disappear on you and you don't grow moobies, it doesn't mean you're not having side effects. Every man, if they live long enough, will develop prostate cancer. It's a hormone sensitive cancer. Testosterone basically feeds it. Over time it's almost inevitable. U might die at 95 of a heart attack and have prostate cancer be an incidental finding on autopsy. Or you could take steroids and make yourself more likely to get it at age 50. And if simply getting cancer isn't bad enough, the treatments(if they work) can suck as well. So all the great sex you had as a young man could be over after your left impotent by surgery to remove the cancer. Or ejaculating backward into your bladder. Or the medicine you take for your high blood pressure makes you impotent. Or the stroke you have leaves u unable to draw a bow and god knows what else.
    So just ask yourself if it's worth it. It's one thing fires professional athlete to do it. They're making millions. That's not anybody on this thread though. Be safe and smart guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Berdo View Post
    I personally don't care who uses "gear" as it has no effect on me. So none of what I have to say is a judgement. It's just medical fact. Testosterone or anabolic steroids will increase your risks for many problems including high blood pressure, cardiac disease, stroke and cancer. So even if your penis doesn't disappear on you and you don't grow moobies, it doesn't mean you're not having side effects. Every man, if they live long enough, will develop prostate cancer. It's a hormone sensitive cancer. Testosterone basically feeds it. Over time it's almost inevitable. U might die at 95 of a heart attack and have prostate cancer be an incidental finding on autopsy. Or you could take steroids and make yourself more likely to get it at age 50. And if simply getting cancer isn't bad enough, the treatments(if they work) can suck as well. So all the great sex you had as a young man could be over after your left impotent by surgery to remove the cancer. Or ejaculating backward into your bladder. Or the medicine you take for your high blood pressure makes you impotent. Or the stroke you have leaves u unable to draw a bow and god knows what else.
    So just ask yourself if it's worth it. It's one thing fires professional athlete to do it. They're making millions. That's not anybody on this thread though. Be safe and smart guys.
    That's probably one of the most unfounded and erroneous comments I've ever heard. Please provide references to support your claims.

That's probably one of the most unfounded and erroneous comments I've ever heard. Please provide references to support your claims.
    I had a full paragraph typed up then reread it and it seemed very hostile so I was going to start over. But you did it for me in a much nicer way. Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by BowTeker01 View Post
    But that'd only be in cases when doses were much higher than trt doses and taken for very long periods of time. I've blasted as high as 1g/week and cruised at 150mg/week. Then pct wait a month and be perfect. Very rarely will your body not recover.
    I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree. Even moderate users that blast and cruise for extended periods of times seem to most often not recover. It might take 3,4, or 10 cycles but eventually it just doesn't come back. Take all this with a grain of salt though as I have no hard data to support these claims, just years of anecdotal evidence taken from my time spend at AAS forums. I can't think of one person that has been using for 10 years plus that isn't on TRT. It just seems to go with the territory.

Unfounded? C'mon man. Like I said I don't care who takes any of that stuff. Doesn't bother me. Taking it won't guarantee that you'll have any of those problems, just like smoking won't guarantee you'll get lung cancer. But it sure does help. Everything comes at a price. Messing with your bodies natural balances can cause problems.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast