Thread: Hunting on Nantucket Island!!!

Hunting on Nantucket Island!!!

I have a small group of bow hunters from Vermont wanting to hunt on the island.. NO EXPERIENCE with the island!!!
    Any help....

Vthunter's..........

Used to work with a guy that grew up there, showed me pics of like 12 or 15 deer hanging from his parents tree, they called it a Nantucket Christmas Tree, I couldnt beleive my eyes but it was real. I think unlimited tags but dont quote me.
    A friend hunts MarthasVinyard with a group and it is mostly deer drives out there but they slam them, nice bucks and tons of does. He has been 5 for 5 which is good for Mass depending where you hunt. Thick tick covered country though he said, you have to duct tape your wrists and ankles and you still get them on you, F that! Some of the brush was so thick he said you have to fight to get through it, again F that....lol
    BUT the islands are loaded with deer so I guess it is worth it to some degree. If I were you I would look into Souther Mass, find a farmer or the like and just ask, offer cash, Southern Mass from say Grafton or Upton to the Cape has a nice whitetail population, north of Worcester deer population is so so, big bucks but just not the #'s as down south. Last year I saw only 3 deer in all 3 seasons in north central mass and I hunt hard, scout, wind, scent control, etc....
    Best of luck to you this year.

Hey, I really appreciate the advise. It not easy to hunt hard and come up empty handed. Tick's are a pain in the asssss.... In Vermont if it's not posted it is usually hunted a lot. We are not sure yet!!!
    Hope your hunter will be better next year... I have not yet hunted with a bow but two rifle six pointer a one doe in muzzleloader season and God has been very good to me.

Thanks again....

Vthunter......

ttt

ttt

when I went most of the deer were shot in yards from what I heard.... some local police and firefighters got some of the cops and firemen I met into their spots and they all killed a pile of deer.
    The deer were in between houses... hanging near tennis courts, etc. Most of the homes were empty for winter.
    Mathews Creed
    HHO Optimizer 5019
    Beman ICS Hunter 400
    NAP SpitFire Maxx
    Rip Cord Code Red

PM sent.... Thanks again I have a Mathews Blaze.... Love it....

its a Mission Blaze

Yes I stand corrected... When you say missions some people look at you like you have two heads!!!!