a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: My latest Frankenbow another Martin Hoyt

My latest Frankenbow another Martin Hoyt

I think this is gonna be my hunting bow for next season. I need to build a good set of strings but she is awesome.

Slayr riser black
    14" camo limbs from a Razor
    Silver Hoyt GTX cams.
    36.5 ATA
    26-28" DL range
    55 lbs Max DW.

Slayer camo.jpg
    Slayer2.jpg
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

Mama lock your daughters up that wild bunch is back in town

Cool
    2013 Onza XT w Barnesdale limbs
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc Pro Nitro 2 Cams
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter w/ Nitro 2 Cams
    2006 Martin Cougar Se Dyna Cams
    Love bows and everthing bout bowhunting!!

That bow turned out real nice...good job!
    ~Wise Men still Seek HIM~ ~xXx~Martin Archery~xXx~
    ~ Martin Scepter XRG-Scepter ll Elite-Scepter lll Elite-Scepter lV Elite target bows~
    ~M4L~
    ~Nitrous X Martin Cougar Elite~~ BriteSite ProTuner~~SureLoc Supreme~~M4L~

Real nice looney!

Hutch
    Hutch owner of Bow String Depot!

Quote Originally Posted by BowStringDepot View Post
    Real nice looney!

Hutch
    Thanks Hutch.

I'm also working on an 08 Bowtech Commander NOS X B cam conversion. Its gonna a sweet shooter also.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

Advice
    I was thinking of putting Martin Furious XL with med mods on an old Pro Sports Archery riser and limbs. It woud make a 2008 Martin Phantom 3 or Scepter 4 Mag with Furious XL. Because the cams are similar in size and draw cycle of the old broken cams is almost exactly the same the limbs should be 40-55lb and the second set of limbs would make a 50-65lb.
    Specs.
    Phamtom 3 elite FuriouS X Draw length: 23” – 28”/ FuriouS XL 26” – 31” Brace: 7”, ATA: 38 ¼”, Shoot: 50 ½”, Cable: 39 ¼”
    S4 Scepter Mag FuriouS X Draw length: 23” – 28”/ FuriouS XL 26” – 31” Brace: 6 7/8” ATA: 38 ¼”, Shoot: 50 ½”, Cable: 39 ¼”
    The only problem is I need to widen the slot in the limbs to accomidate the 13/16 wide cams. I already have the strings and cams. How would you cut the limbs without delaminating them?

Pretty one Looney! I've got 14" camo razor x 4M limbs on a black slayer riser myself (Vipro cam)...I bet the GTX cams are sweet on that rig....makes me want to Franken one of my slayers!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ARCHERYSHACK STAFF
    Brownell Fury, BCY Trophy, & BCY X Strings
    PALMETTO STATE STABILIZERS (by Archeryshack-COMING SOON)
    www.archeryshackstrings.com

Quote Originally Posted by bowfreak1970 View Post
    Advice
    I was thinking of putting Martin Furious XL with med mods on an old Pro Sports Archery riser and limbs. It woud make a 2008 Martin Phantom 3 or Scepter 4 Mag with Furious XL. Because the cams are similar in size and draw cycle of the old broken cams is almost exactly the same the limbs should be 40-55lb and the second set of limbs would make a 50-65lb.
    Specs.
    Phamtom 3 elite FuriouS X Draw length: 23” – 28”/ FuriouS XL 26” – 31” Brace: 7”, ATA: 38 ¼”, Shoot: 50 ½”, Cable: 39 ¼”
    S4 Scepter Mag FuriouS X Draw length: 23” – 28”/ FuriouS XL 26” – 31” Brace: 6 7/8” ATA: 38 ¼”, Shoot: 50 ½”, Cable: 39 ¼”
    The only problem is I need to widen the slot in the limbs to accomidate the 13/16 wide cams. I already have the strings and cams. How would you cut the limbs without delaminating them?
    how much room do you need?

All cool bows for great guys....and every one of those risers look familiar.......

The limbs are 2.00 wide by 0.4376 thick with a 0.6875 slot aprox. 2.75in long tell it begins to taper to a 4.125in long slot. The cams measure 0.797 wide meaning I would need to take aprox. .055in per side. This would leave a max of .601 on either side of the cam.
    Do you guys think that is enough? Or should I Hoyt Cam1/2+ #4 or GTX #4 it instead, And put these on an old 1995 PSE Dominator that will fit them without modification?

I wish you lived down the street from me. I have a bow that is just begging to be frankenbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by mxtuner1 View Post
    All cool bows for great guys....and every one of those risers look familiar.......
    Jim, pretty sure you either own or have owned every Slayr & Slayer riser Martin ever made!
    ARCHERYSHACK STAFF

Darkvador what is the bow you wish to frank?

I have a TNT Defiance that I would like to put the cams off my Bowtech Assassin on. My string building guy that I used to talk into these experiments for me moved to Montana. All through the 90's, I had him make me some crazy combos. Some worked, some didnt, none exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvador View Post
    I have a TNT Defiance that I would like to put the cams off my Bowtech Assassin on. My string building guy that I used to talk into these experiments for me moved to Montana. All through the 90's, I had him make me some crazy combos. Some worked, some didnt, none exploded.
    Do you shoot/own a Martin bow? TNT...nope. just wondering
    ARCHERYSHACK STAFF

Looney, that would make a really nice target bow !!!

I forgot you are a lefty. I was looking for a bow for my son because he has decided to bow hunt with me this fall. The best option was an Older Bowtech I found that was still with a dealer. I found some lefty Martins on E-bay but the draw weights were too high. Hopefully he gets fully hooked and I can find him an Alien like mine.
    Living like Christ is impossible for Man,
    Living as a Disciple,,, I can do that

Quote Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
    Do you shoot/own a Martin bow? TNT...nope. just wondering
    Haven't owned a Martin in a long time. Last one was a Z cam Bobcat I think.

I'm sorry, it was a Bengal.

Quote Originally Posted by bowfreak1970 View Post
    The limbs are 2.00 wide by 0.4376 thick with a 0.6875 slot aprox. 2.75in long tell it begins to taper to a 4.125in long slot. The cams measure 0.797 wide meaning I would need to take aprox. .055in per side. This would leave a max of .601 on either side of the cam.
    Do you guys think that is enough? Or should I Hoyt Cam1/2+ #4 or GTX #4 it instead, And put these on an old 1995 PSE Dominator that will fit them without modification?

Am I reading and doing my math right?? You're talking about less then 1.5mm from each limb that need to be removed??? I personally don't recommed removing limb materials to others during a build for safety reasons. But if it was my personal project and I was planning on shooting at lower poundages..... Well,... I'd probably be looking for some sand paper.

That's only if you're dead set on that limb a cam configuration. The hoyt cams a super sweet. I'm liking the GTX cams better than the Cam 1/2+. The GtX have a slightly firmer back wall and slightly shorter valley. Both are nice though.