a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: String material

String material

What is the best string material to use on a black eagle esc as far as noise and speed go? Im more worried about noise then speed but want the best of both worlds. Also who makes a quality string for oneidas?

I have used 452X and Trophy on my LFM's, string makers are not that many here that make strings for Oneidas. If you do find one just request the loop ends be doubled served. The maker I did use closed up due to health issues so I am checking to see who has the best string and CS for the $.

LFM

Changed out a factory string today with one made from Astro ( factory was omni flite), paper tuned then adjusted pins to yardage, was extremely impressed as this material did quiet down my Black Eagle II and was seemingly softer shooting also ( two improvements I noticed a couple years ago when I put a set on my Mathews Switchback). The only kinda negative thing I've ever heard of about this material is that it can stretch slightly over time but that is an easy/quick adjustment on an Oneida ( only ever made one adjustment to my Switchback in a couple years ) and the advantages seem to be measurable.

I would like to add that this string was made by 'Extreme Bowstrings" ( many sets many materials purchased over the years and NO complaints ).

id recomend useing astroflite material very light strong and hits soft with 0 creep i use on all my stuff Extreme bowstrings carries it
    11' New Breed nemesis #80 custom reinforced limbs

Quote Originally Posted by LFM View Post
    I have used 452X and Trophy on my LFM's, string makers are not that many here that make strings for Oneidas. If you do find one just request the loop ends be doubled served. The maker I did use closed up due to health issues so I am checking to see who has the best string and CS for the $.

LFM
    I've shot 452x, 8125 and both gave great results. I didn't notice any real difference in noise...speed, maybe a couple fps difference. Really, it's just a personal preference.

Best thing to do is get heavy arrows---7-8GPP is a good range but 9 would be better.

If you haven't put thick felt along the string groove- do it, it will significantly quiet the outters.
    USA Level 2 Instructor
    2012 PSE Supra ME, 47#,ACC, Davis sight;2012 Dominator Pro 3D 55#; DS Advantage; ACC's
    Win-Win Inno Carbon Riser/Tropics 36#(38 tof), Redline arrows 690- DS Advantage-282grn@ 195fps
    2010 Hoyt Vantage Pro, XT 2000, Sprls, Sure Loc W BE 6X, ACC's 408g @ 259

I guess as time goes materials are going to change like now you don't see 8125 but now it is 8125G, like the Trophy which is 452X but with Gore added to it to make what some are saying better. As time goes on things are continued to be looked at to try and make it better. Seen it where some switched to something new and it was never actually tested by the Bow Manufacturer and as time goes on some that did tried a new material found it was not meant to be used on Oneida Brand Bows but again string materials and they way they are made is up to the user / buyer I seen things that have not be "tested" used and found to be not the best for an Oneida Bow. If you good with what you are using good I just try and go with what Oneida Labs has used and tested for use on Oneida just like CPO does not sell any string that is not does not have double served loop ends so there must be a reason why and I got that recently from Will Pollington he stated they only sell strings that are made with this. And many that have been involved have stated the same but again I try and follow what those that did the actually testing and R&D and 452X is what many say is the more durable material. I have used 450 way back, 452 from CPO, Dyna 97 that had a lot of friz, 8125 nit with gore and Trophy which is 452X with Gore they think it is the best of both worlds speed and less noise over all. But again use what ever as many have heard that Oneidas exploded well there are reasons why too light and arrow, strings not double served loop ends what even the reason the manufacturer has tested and found why they don't recommend a light arrow because Oneidas like heavy arrows and so on... But again I follow what I have read seen and learn from those that have work tested and know Oneidas long before most here have had one... But they are no longer around or involved with Oneidas for whatever the reason. The guy that did the Tech Tape for the Tomcat, Aero Force & Lite Force Magnum is the expert I use as an authority on these bows. But again I have known home for 15 years him and matt Pollington when he was involved with CPO.

But I guess they aren't known to those with Oneidas today... I use their knowledge when I post if I am not sure I contact them and ask...

LFM

I would agree 452X seems to be an all around hard to beat favorite ( 8190 now X seem to be taking over ) for alot of string makers today. A year or two ago I was under the impression the new bows from CPO were made by Winners Choice and a link on their site gave info on models ( even some older ones ) and string lengths but looked lately and couldn't find it anymore. Anyone know where they currently get their strings and what materials they are? Years ago while shooting my LFM I did have a string let loose on me and it was an end loop failure, the string was a factory Oneida Labs ( oh what a feeling ) so I have no doubt these bows are hard on end loops and the loop serving ( My '91' Strike Eagle that was later converted to have Aero Force outboards seemed to eat up those servings ). From what I know about Astroflite it should be another really good option for an Oneida ( strong /soft shot/ quiet ) ,but I agree absolutely that a happy Oneida is one thats shooting a relatively heavy arrow ( think my GT Kinetics are 10.2 gpi ).

I had Ray Knight build me one from Brownell Rhino material, he double served the end loops and it is holding up great. No creep and the peep stays put with zero rotation.

Oneida uses winners choice strings made of 8190 now.

Quote Originally Posted by steve101610 View Post
    Oneida uses winners choice strings made of 8190 now.
    Thanks for info, heard great things about Ray Knight also (Onza).