Thread: Anyone have info on a recall for Mission Crossbows

Anyone have info on a recall for Mission Crossbows

Saw on another forum someone asking for info I figured this would be a better place to get info

Thanks

Did not get specifics.... they said they are being pro-active and it will all work out. No time table... but they are on it of course.
    Mathews Z9 - HHA Slider - Trophy Taker Pronghorn Pro - B-Stinger Stabilizer - Fletcher Shorty - Grim Reaper Hybrid - Gold Tip Kinetic XT - Trueflight Feathers (Always)... _____ going to try Mission Dagger XB this season as well - Gold Tip Laser 3 - HHA Optimizer XB scope & adjustable mount system____ ___ - _________ Facebook: Hunters Choice Archery Pro Shop

So we can still shoot our Mission models. I will shootin the servin off of mine
    Kong Matrix 405 Fast Strong n Deadly
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

E mailed Mike at Mission I will let you know what he says
    Seeing as this bow has a lifetime WTY I am not too concerned I am sure they will fixed or remedy any issues

Well I ordered a 320 looks like I'll be waiting longer?

This has been rehashed extensively on another site (CN). There is no recall. The triggers of some bows - apparently mostly the heavier pull models - can fail if the slack is taken up while on SAFE. Mission will replace the entire trigger units on any crossbow with a latch safety (safety is above/behind the trigger) at customers request. Letter coming out advising folks what to do: contact your Mission dealer about ordering a trigger unit. Triggers will be shipped first week of May. I've been shooting my MXB320, cannot get the trigger unit to fail much as I tried.
    Why do I hunt? Simple, it's BASIC.
    Why do you breathe?!

Excalibur, Mission, single shot rifles and handguns

At Mission Archery, the safety of our customers remains our highest priority so it’s important that you are aware of an urgent SAFETY NOTICE for the following MXB Crossbows: All MXB-320, MXB-Dagger and MXB-400 crossbows; and All MXB-360 crossbows with the safety located behind the trigger at the rear of the scope mount.

We recently discovered that the potential exists for unintentional discharge when moving the mechanical safety from SAFE to FIRE position if the trigger was previously pulled while the safety was in the SAFE position. We have engineered a change to critical components in the safety and trigger housing that will prevent the possibility of unintentional discharge and are awaiting confirmation from the Consumer Protection Safety Commission. Upon approval, we will act swiftly and carefully to upgrade all affected crossbows with the new trigger and safety assembly so that owners may resume the safe and enjoyable use of our MXB Crossbows.

If you possess one of the models listed above, STOP USING IT IMMEDIATELY and do not use it until the important safety upgrade can be performed. Learn more at: http://www.missioncrossbowsafety.com

No boat anchor pullin triggers allowed! I like the break feel of mine, thats one of the pts that sold me on this Brand/model. I ain't given up my trigger to my Dealer jus to get a boat anchor pull. Probably have installed a bigger heavier spring in it. How about a refund of $657 fer my bare model as i bought it
    Kong Matrix 405 Fast Strong n Deadly
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings