Thread: Mathews now a Corporate sponsor of Pope & Young?

Mathews now a Corporate sponsor of Pope & Young?

Mathews is now a corporate sponsor of Pope & Young,

http://mathewsinc.com/623606/mathews...pe-young-club/

This is interesting because one of the tenants of the P&Y stance on archery is:

"The Pope and Young Club therefore recommends the crossbow should not be considered for use in any bowhunting only season. Also, the Club strongly recommends that crossbow hunting be abolished from all existing bowhunting only seasons and the use of crossbows for hunting be restricted to firearms seasons."

http://www.pope-young.org/bowhunting_clubposition.asp

How can Mathews in good conscience support financially P&Y and their crossbows belief that:

"the Club (P&Y)strongly recommends that crossbow hunting be abolished from all existing bowhunting only seasons and the use of crossbows for hunting be restricted to firearms seasons"

Yet Mathews produces crosbows for retail sale! Correct me if I misunderstand this but by anyone in the crossbow community purchasing a Missini/Mathews crossbow we are also supporting an organization that wants to "abolish the crossbow for all existing bowhunting only seasons"! So does Mathews SUPPORT the Crossbow Community or do they just want our money! I would have to think long & hard about supporting a bow company who wants to eliminate the crossbow from EXISTING seasons and keep it from full inclusion in the future! To each his/her own BUT this is a disturbing!

This is something we all should conceder when we are looking at our next bow. You would think a crossbow manufacturer would be in support of expanded crossbow opportunities, fighting for laws to gain full inclusion BUT Mathews is supporting taking away our seasons we have fought so hard to gain!

Bottom line is it's your money you spend it how you like but if you own a Mission crossbow & your state does not have full inclusion or has restrictive crossbow seasons & laws you are supporting this! IMO owning a Mathews crossbow is a slap in the face to all crossbow owners & hunters & those of us who have fought long & hard to get crossbows into the autumn woods!

Replies should be interesting!

Well Tim50, after readin what you have dug up. This is my one & only Mathews/Mission crossbow or Bow of any kind!
    Kong Matrix 405 Fast Strong n Deadly
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

Quote Originally Posted by smokepolehall View Post
    Well Tim50, after readin what you have dug up. This is my one & only Mathews/Mission crossbow or Bow of any kind!
    I just put out there that facts anyone can research. It's up to each of us to determine how we react to them.

You should post this on our main crossbow Forum
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

There goes any possibility of me ever owning a Mission 400 !!!!!!!!!!!! I am done considering them ............

Does anybody remember when P & Y didn't want compound bows to be in their vaunted good ole boys club! Then releases and now crossbows, they will change their tune when you know what is involved!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Steve

I won't support P & Y they are a contradiction unto themselves. Why would i pay money to have my name in their record book of drivel! I am not into that war anymore, i shoot only crossbows bein disabled. Mathews/Mission got me once never will be a 2nd time!
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

Quote Originally Posted by smokepolehall View Post
    You should post this on our main crossbow Forum
    Smokepole....feel free to cut & paste. Mathews may make a fine bow but IMHO they are taking money from the Crossbow Community & then turning their backs on us in our efforts to achive full inclusion in ALL states. And want to repeal full inclusion in existing stated. Who would support that? They take our money but don't support our right to hunt along side, in the same season as vert hunters! And actualy work AGAINST us by supporting P&Y as a corporate sponsor! We each have to make our own decisions with the available information!

You have to realize that companies that sponsor groups like P&Y have influence over their rules, so by sponsoring the P&Y club Mathews is able to help persuade them to have crossbows accepted. Look at lighted nocks for example, they are now accepted after companies like Feradyne (Rage, Muzzy, Nocturnal, Trufire) became a sponsor...