Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Mission Trigger replacement

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Northrn MN.
    Posts
    2,726

    Mission Trigger replacement

    The closest dealer called today (Monday) stating that Mission is sending a trigger unit for my bow, they will be install when it arrives. Simultaneously, Mission sent me a notice (dated April 17) about which bows are affected and what to do. It's in response to an email I sent them last Friday inquiring how it would be handled since the bow is NOT new to me. When it's all said and done, all that was said about Mission not responding is just so much blather. https://blu172.mail.live.com/mail/Vi...h=0&n=67819545
    Why do I hunt? Simple, it's BASIC.
    Why do you breathe?!

    Excalibur, Mission, Parker, single shot rifles and handguns

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    459
    Anyone heard anything lately

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    1,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Cossack2 View Post
    all that was said about Mission not responding is just so much blather. [/url]
    So much for BLATHER!!!
    Middleton 300SS
    Middleton 315DTM with Boo String
    Middleton 330SS
    Middleton 355DTM with Boo String

  4. #4
    New to the crossbow world! I've had a 360 on order for a month now and was just told triggers will be in this week!!
    Can’t wait! I've shoot archery for years but due to shoulder injuries and AGE lol, I’m planning a come back.
    Hoping to get some feedback on arrows, nocks, and tips from some of you younger guys that are more up to date then me.
    Will be needing Deer and Turkey broadheads, and some extra bolts.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Land of Rocks, Ozarks of Mo.
    Posts
    1,735
    Welcome to the Mission Funny Farm i have a 320
    Miss Vixen Blk. T-hole model Terror of all Tick Toters
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Dark Lady Exocet 165
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

  6. #6

    Trigger Recall & BH selection for MBX 360

    ya ok, so like i said, called Scheels store and they said triggers would be fixed last thursday.
    Never got a call back, so called again this morning, 4 hrs latter they did call me back
    and it did get the updated trigger, but my special order,
    scope and misc other got billed! but lost somewhere. OMG Hoping to get it this week.

    Anyway, trying to stay positive can any one help me with BH selection for this bow i maybe getting!
    research tells me the mbx360 with the 22" bolts ( needs to be a mechanical BH, (1 1/16 inch index ???))
    would like to get something that is 125 grain and matching field tips.

    Patience is a virtue but getting what I want when I want it is better.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Southern OK
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by wood pecker View Post
    ya ok, so like i said, called Scheels store and they said triggers would be fixed last thursday.
    Never got a call back, so called again this morning, 4 hrs latter they did call me back
    and it did get the updated trigger, but my special order,
    scope and misc other got billed! but lost somewhere. OMG Hoping to get it this week.

    Anyway, trying to stay positive can any one help me with BH selection for this bow i maybe getting!
    research tells me the mbx360 with the 22" bolts ( needs to be a mechanical BH, (1 1/16 inch index ???))
    would like to get something that is 125 grain and matching field tips.

    Patience is a virtue but getting what I want when I want it is better.

    While I shoot a 320; I got excellent results with the 2 blade Rage crossbow heads last season. I know 2 other guys that use them too. I was able to get Thunderheads to work in mine, I just didn't get good groups out of them. I am going to try out the exodus heads before season and see how they do, but I'm not throwing away those rages . Good luck in your search.

  8. #8

    bh for my 360

    Quote Originally Posted by mojodrake View Post
    While I shoot a 320; I got excellent results with the 2 blade Rage crossbow heads last season. I know 2 other guys that use them too. I was able to get Thunderheads to work in mine, I just didn't get good groups out of them. I am going to try out the exodus heads before season and see how they do, but I'm not throwing away those rages . Good luck in your search.
    ya, thanks for the input, at least i have some time for more research, wont be hunting untill fall, but have heard good things on the grim reaper? also, may be a little pricy$

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Land of Rocks, Ozarks of Mo.
    Posts
    1,735
    6 days & waitin, some said 50 hrs & theirs was returned mine is now 144 hrs. Wid my luck it will be 500 hrs!
    Miss Vixen Blk. T-hole model Terror of all Tick Toters
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Dark Lady Exocet 165
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    iowa/missouri
    Posts
    469
    Smoke it depends where your located and the travel time.

    Ups doesnt move on weekends. so if you shipped on a friday it sits the next 2 days, if its a 3 day trip it gets there on wed. If it gets fixed on thursday and shipped it moves 1 day and sits for 2 gets delivered on tues. In this example it takes 10 days before you see it back and mission only had it 1 day. How many days from your place to Theirs and when did it go out. Did you get tracking.
    MXB 320
    MXB 400
    Matrix 355
    Optimizers, Nikon Bolt
    Living The Dream

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Land of Rocks, Ozarks of Mo.
    Posts
    1,735
    Been at Dealers since past Tues. its probably still sittin there waitin on the shippin box Mission was to have sent 11 days ago. It may get back in June, but i ain't goin to holdmy breath.
    Miss Vixen Blk. T-hole model Terror of all Tick Toters
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Dark Lady Exocet 165
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    iowa/missouri
    Posts
    469
    Smoke just call mission yourself I got very good results even though mine was sent through a dealer. I was able to keep track of the process. I have a feeling the weak link may be your dealer. Mission is sending boxes as soon as they are requested. I think they go out the day they are requested or next depending on ups pickup time. Sounds like your frustration continues. Like I posted earlier ask for the tracking.
    MXB 320
    MXB 400
    Matrix 355
    Optimizers, Nikon Bolt
    Living The Dream

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Land of Rocks, Ozarks of Mo.
    Posts
    1,735
    Quote Originally Posted by buckstop515 View Post
    Smoke just call mission yourself I got very good results even though mine was sent through a dealer. I was able to keep track of the process. I have a feeling the weak link may be your dealer. Mission is sending boxes as soon as they are requested. I think they go out the day they are requested or next depending on ups pickup time. Sounds like your frustration continues. Like I posted earlier ask for the tracking.
    I was standin there as JJ called Mission he had speaker on & i was beside him when he requested the shippin box for the second time. So its not him thats draggin the ball n chain. Reckon i can call Mission to see if'en they shipped the box yet
    Miss Vixen Blk. T-hole model Terror of all Tick Toters
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Dark Lady Exocet 165
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    iowa/missouri
    Posts
    469
    Smoke they will ship the box right to your door. Call the recall number and speak with them they assign a person to your case and work with you during the whole process. I had a lady named Jenna that couldn't have been more accomodating.
    MXB 320
    MXB 400
    Matrix 355
    Optimizers, Nikon Bolt
    Living The Dream

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Land of Rocks, Ozarks of Mo.
    Posts
    1,735
    My Dealer received the shippin box last Weds. & UPS driver waited the few min. & took it wid him. Called Mission they received my 320 on Mon. they replaced trigger assembly & shipped it Tues. to my Dealer. They said he will receive it on Thursday & i can pick it up in Cotter Ark on friday. Hey that works fer me as i will go trout fishin down at Cotter on friday mornin about 5:30 am.
    Miss Vixen Blk. T-hole model Terror of all Tick Toters
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Dark Lady Exocet 165
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Land of Rocks, Ozarks of Mo.
    Posts
    1,735
    Well my 320 is at the Dealer's & waitin on me. I will go down to Cotter Ark. friday afternoon. Mrs said i won't be fishin as she had abunch of work for me to get done. Maybe i should have learned to cook.

    Miss Vixen Blk. T-hole model Terror of all Tick Toters
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Dark Lady Exocet 165
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Troutman nc
    Posts
    2
    My dealer shipped my 320 out on the 12th from NC and it was back at my deal yesterday on the 19th

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    459
    320 came back Friday, shot it today and seems good. The safety seems quieter than before.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Southern OK
    Posts
    120
    I got mine back today, only got 4 shots off before the rain hit and drove me indoors. I'm thinking the new triggers pull is a tad more than the old one. Tomorrow I'll put my gauge on it and know for sure. Also I weighted all my arrows:-( you think a major company could keep the variance within 20 grains on but mine go from 396 to 427, most in the 396-399 or 412-417 range.

    If I didn't have 17 arrows already I would buy some new ones from a different brand

    But it only took 10 days total to get it back.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Land of Rocks, Ozarks of Mo.
    Posts
    1,735
    Mission (Victory) arrows are jus sloppy in their quality control on the +/- weight. I refuse to use or buy them, too many better arrow shafts/arrors out there
    Miss Vixen Blk. T-hole model Terror of all Tick Toters
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Dark Lady Exocet 165
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Southern OK
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by smokepolehall View Post
    Mission (Victory) arrows are jus sloppy in their quality control on the +/- weight. I refuse to use or buy them, too many better arrow shafts/arrors out there
    Could you please give me a list of a few of the better ones available that are safe to use in the mission, or is that only use metal mission nocks just a way to insure folks buy their brand??

    Thanks in advance!!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    iowa/missouri
    Posts
    469
    I have 2 brands of arrows Black eagle Executioners and Mission/victory. Both are good arrows, neither are consistant in arrow weight. Unless you purchase custom arrows where each component is weighed and matched you will never buy a matched set. There are to many variables. Unless you are a competitive shooter both brands are good arrows. The Bee's weigh more than the Missions but in my shooting they have been equal in accuracy. Just group your similar weights together.
    MXB 320
    MXB 400
    Matrix 355
    Optimizers, Nikon Bolt
    Living The Dream

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Central WI
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by mojodrake View Post
    Could you please give me a list of a few of the better ones available that are safe to use in the mission, or is that only use metal mission nocks just a way to insure folks buy their brand??

    Thanks in advance!!
    mojodrake, I shoot Gold Tip Laser III arrows out of my MBX-360. If you can afford it the (Pro) versions have been better weight matched but I've had good luck with the standards as well. I'm using Luminocks but Gold Tips do offer an aluminum nock. Wyverncreations has them for around $5/arrow but you'd need to call. I had Dave at Wyvern make me up a dozen Pros and it came to $100 even.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    iowa/missouri
    Posts
    469
    Mission is now selling lumennocks on their arrows so they must have thrown the metal nock idea out the window.
    MXB 320
    MXB 400
    Matrix 355
    Optimizers, Nikon Bolt
    Living The Dream

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Southern OK
    Posts
    120
    I saw those lighted nock missions, if fact I bought a pack for my friend to try out this fall.

    I was in my local shop yesterday and was talking about my findings with the guys , so me and the owner weighted nearly an entire box of arrows, most weighted out into two distinct weight range groupings. He told me I could always weight my arrows before purchase if I wanted.
    I may still try some of the recommended custom arrows but for now I have enough arrows of similar weight to keep shooting.

    And my trigger measured out at 1.7 pounds heavier than it was before I sent it in. Hopefully after a little shooting it will break in a little.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •