Archery Talk Forum banner

Mission Trigger replacement

6K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  buckstop515 
#1 ·
The closest dealer called today (Monday) stating that Mission is sending a trigger unit for my bow, they will be install when it arrives. Simultaneously, Mission sent me a notice (dated April 17) about which bows are affected and what to do. It's in response to an email I sent them last Friday inquiring how it would be handled since the bow is NOT new to me. When it's all said and done, all that was said about Mission not responding is just so much blather. https://blu172.mail.live.com/mail/V...linbox&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&n=67819545

#4 ·
New to the crossbow world! I've had a 360 on order for a month now and was just told triggers will be in this week!!
Can’t wait! I've shoot archery for years but due to shoulder injuries and AGE lol, I’m planning a come back.
Hoping to get some feedback on arrows, nocks, and tips from some of you younger guys that are more up to date then me.
Will be needing Deer and Turkey broadheads, and some extra bolts.

#6 ·
Trigger Recall & BH selection for MBX 360

ya ok, so like i said, called Scheels store and they said triggers would be fixed last thursday.
Never got a call back, so called again this morning, 4 hrs latter they did call me back
and it did get the updated trigger, but my special order,
scope and misc other got billed! but lost somewhere. OMG Hoping to get it this week.

Anyway, trying to stay positive can any one help me with BH selection for this bow i maybe getting!
research tells me the mbx360 with the 22" bolts ( needs to be a mechanical BH, (1 1/16 inch index ???))
would like to get something that is 125 grain and matching field tips.

Patience is a virtue but getting what I want when I want it is better.

#7 ·
ya ok, so like i said, called Scheels store and they said triggers would be fixed last thursday.
Never got a call back, so called again this morning, 4 hrs latter they did call me back
and it did get the updated trigger, but my special order,
scope and misc other got billed! but lost somewhere. OMG Hoping to get it this week.

Anyway, trying to stay positive can any one help me with BH selection for this bow i maybe getting!
research tells me the mbx360 with the 22" bolts ( needs to be a mechanical BH, (1 1/16 inch index ???))
would like to get something that is 125 grain and matching field tips.

Patience is a virtue but getting what I want when I want it is better.

While I shoot a 320; I got excellent results with the 2 blade Rage crossbow heads last season. I know 2 other guys that use them too. I was able to get Thunderheads to work in mine, I just didn't get good groups out of them. I am going to try out the exodus heads before season and see how they do, but I'm not throwing away those rages . Good luck in your search.

#10 ·
Smoke it depends where your located and the travel time.

Ups doesnt move on weekends. so if you shipped on a friday it sits the next 2 days, if its a 3 day trip it gets there on wed. If it gets fixed on thursday and shipped it moves 1 day and sits for 2 gets delivered on tues. In this example it takes 10 days before you see it back and mission only had it 1 day. How many days from your place to Theirs and when did it go out. Did you get tracking.

#12 ·
Smoke just call mission yourself I got very good results even though mine was sent through a dealer. I was able to keep track of the process. I have a feeling the weak link may be your dealer. Mission is sending boxes as soon as they are requested. I think they go out the day they are requested or next depending on ups pickup time. Sounds like your frustration continues. Like I posted earlier ask for the tracking.

#13 ·
I was standin there as JJ called Mission he had speaker on & i was beside him when he requested the shippin box for the second time. So its not him thats draggin the ball n chain. Reckon i can call Mission to see if'en they shipped the box yet

#14 ·
Smoke they will ship the box right to your door. Call the recall number and speak with them they assign a person to your case and work with you during the whole process. I had a lady named Jenna that couldn't have been more accomodating.

#15 ·
My Dealer received the shippin box last Weds. & UPS driver waited the few min. & took it wid him. Called Mission they received my 320 on Mon. they replaced trigger assembly & shipped it Tues. to my Dealer. They said he will receive it on Thursday & i can pick it up in Cotter Ark on friday. Hey that works fer me as i will go trout fishin down at Cotter on friday mornin about 5:30 am.

#19 ·
I got mine back today, only got 4 shots off before the rain hit and drove me indoors. I'm thinking the new triggers pull is a tad more than the old one. Tomorrow I'll put my gauge on it and know for sure. Also I weighted all my arrows:-( you think a major company could keep the variance within 20 grains on but mine go from 396 to 427, most in the 396-399 or 412-417 range.

If I didn't have 17 arrows already I would buy some new ones from a different brand

But it only took 10 days total to get it back.

#22 ·
I have 2 brands of arrows Black eagle Executioners and Mission/victory. Both are good arrows, neither are consistant in arrow weight. Unless you purchase custom arrows where each component is weighed and matched you will never buy a matched set. There are to many variables. Unless you are a competitive shooter both brands are good arrows. The Bee's weigh more than the Missions but in my shooting they have been equal in accuracy. Just group your similar weights together.

#24 ·
Mission is now selling lumennocks on their arrows so they must have thrown the metal nock idea out the window.

#25 ·
I saw those lighted nock missions, if fact I bought a pack for my friend to try out this fall.

I was in my local shop yesterday and was talking about my findings with the guys , so me and the owner weighted nearly an entire box of arrows, most weighted out into two distinct weight range groupings. He told me I could always weight my arrows before purchase if I wanted.
I may still try some of the recommended custom arrows but for now I have enough arrows of similar weight to keep shooting.

And my trigger measured out at 1.7 pounds heavier than it was before I sent it in. Hopefully after a little shooting it will break in a little.

#26 ·
Inquiring minds want to know tell us more on the weight of the arrows. What were the 2 groups? and were they mission arrows. What was your trigger pull prior to the new one.

#28 ·
Yes they were 22" mission brand arrows.

One group ran in the 397-402 grain range, the others fell into 407-411 range. We installed the same 2 100 gr FP's that we checked the weight of before hand to test them. We were not sure( they couldn't remember) if they had at some point combined/condensed two different batches (boxes) into one box to save space. Giving the benefit of he doubt, it could explain it for them, but I still have the results from my 17 to boggle my mind over.

My new trigger pull is 7 pounds 6 oz and it was 5.9 when I checked it a while back before sending it in. I used the same Lyman gauge I use on all my other guns. So I know it's pretty accurate as I use it to check my bench guns.

I shot it a little more today, it seems to be lighting up a little, but I already have over 30 shots on the new trigger system so I don't know how much more it will wear.

#29 ·
The only mission arrows that I have that come in at or under 400 gr are the older version that have orange stripes near the point and are a tad shorter. Most of mine are in the 411 - 420 range but who really knows about the scale. I have never checked trigger pull.

#30 ·
True on the scale, I used my own personnel one to weight my arrows, and I used the shops scale to weight there ( exact same brand and model scale). I've used cal weights on mine that were off my reloading scale, it's awful close +\_ 1 gr.

I actually have both colors of them in my collection but that doesn't correspond to the weight different on my arrows as strange as that sounds. But I do have 3 that are a tad longer than all the others that are striped, I believe those are the ones that came with my bow. And they are the heaviest of the bunch as it should be.

#31 ·
I got my MXB 320 back about a month ago. Just had it out today to sight it in and it seems heavier than before for me also. I took a few shots in my garage when I got it back, but today I really noticed the difference especially after shooting my Tenpoint. I'm not very happy about this and I wish that I would have kept the old trigger the way it was.

#32 ·
I found mine wore in some and lightened up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.