Archery Talk Forum banner

Thinking of coming back...

2K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  Maddoxsdaddy 
#1 ·
...To the Bear Brotherhood.

I jumped ship last year. I sold my 2007 Element and bought a 2010 BowTech Destroyer 340. The Destroyer is nasty fast and extremely accurate. The problem is, I've never really felt "comfortable" with it. Maybe it was because I was so used to the smooth draw of the Element and it's single cam system. It wasn't a speed demon but I feel like I "enjoyed" shooting it a lot more than the Destroyer.

So, I have to make a decision. Since I'm going out for left forearm (holding hand) surgery next week, it'll be a while before I can shoot again so it might be a good time to make a move??? I know... shoot it before you buy it.

Does this make me a traitor for thinking about switching back? :mg:

How do the new twin cam Bear's (Anarchy, Method, Agenda) compare to the newer single cams (Empire, Domain) or even the Carnage???

Give me some thoughts please.

#2 ·
I can only speak of My Agenda 6 and a few older Bear bows, but I can tell you I skill every time I let an arrow fly from the Agenda.

#4 ·
Why only have one bow?

It sounds like you are looking for the VENUE. http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/bows/compound/venue

BEAR Venue SPECIFICATIONS

SPEED (IBO)
330 FPS

WEIGHT
4 LBS

BRACE HEIGHT
7"

AXLE TO AXLE
32 1/4"

PEAK DRAW WEIGHT
50LBS / 60LBS / 70LBS

DRAW LENGTH RANGE
24" - 31"

LET-OFF
80%

STRINGS/CABLES
Bear Contra-Band HP

CABLE SLIDE
Bear hinge guard

#5 ·
Yeah, that venue is bad*****. Im not one who needs/wants more than one bow. Let me rephrase... Id love to have multiple bows but my wallet, wife, 2 kids, and other bills say not a chance. LOL!

#8 ·
Naw. Not yet. Ive handled an Anarchy and Carnage though. Really liked the way they felt.

#10 ·
Does this make me a traitor for thinking about switching back? :mg:

How do the new twin cam Bear's (Anarchy, Method, Agenda) compare to the newer single cams (Empire, Domain) or even the Carnage???
You were a traitor when you left the brotherhood in the first place. Now you would just be setting things right. :)

I have the Bear Method and love it. When I first started shooting with it there was only one thing that I had to get used to/adjust to. It had a nice draw cycle but if you weren't holding it to that firm back wall and let it creep foreword at all, it wanted to take off on you. I think that is the case with most of the speed freak bows that shoot 340fps or more.

Welcome back to the fold…….we forgive you.

#11 ·
You can save some money with the Motive,Empire or Regular Anarchy. The hybrid cams are a different animal from the single cam bows(speed). Single cams are smoother. You should shoot as many as you can and let the bow pick you, and don't be afraid to buy a 60 lb bow. You can shoot them all day long!

#12 ·
I own a 60 lb Carnage and a 60 lb Agenda 7. The Carnage is slightly smoother drawing, has a back wall that is not as firm as the Agenda 7 and is slower, but very accurate and a joy to shoot.
The Agenda 7 draws nice, but not as nice as the Carnage and has a rock solid back wall and is faster and just as accurate. It is fun to shoot but in all honesty, not as fun as the Carnage which is buttery smooth. I will be shooting the Agenda at game animals though!

You need to look at the Venue from everything I have read.

#13 ·
Yeah I know. Never should have left. In my heart, ive always been a Bear fan. great bows, modern technology, smooth draws, and priced much better than a lot of bows on the market. I actually put my Bowtech up for sale today in a couple places. So I guess I'm serious now. :chortle:

I'm having left forearm surgery on the 29th so it just seems a good time to let the other bow go. Once I'm recovered (2-3 months) i'll be out hunting for a new setup. :nod:

Oh yeah, and I AM looking to drop to a 60 pounder.

#17 ·
I found a fully loaded 2011 Attack today. Sounds really nice. Now all I need to do is sell the BowTech so I can get something else.

#19 ·
Im not skilled enough to work on my own stuff other than putting on rests, sights, stabs, and getting everything sighted in.

Of course I intend on learning. Fill me in on the specialness of the press... because of the curvature of the limbs?

#23 ·
I have made a trade deal with one of the A/T site sponsors for a trade. I am getting a set-up Bear Attack for my bare Destroyer + $100. Sounds like a good swap to me.

I had a friend tell me today that the Attack's were a PITA to work on because of the need for that special press. Any ideas on this? I know the limbs are curved past parallel and I am assuming this is the reason for the press needed. But other than that, the Attack doesn't sound to difficult to mess with.

#27 ·
I'm a 29" draw. BOw is set currently @ 29" so that's good.

#29 ·
I will. Thanks. Seller said they would have it set before shipment.

#32 ·
Bow ships this morning...

Only slightly excited...

:rock::banana:

#33 ·
She's here!!! Naked but here nonetheless! I have so many plans for her. A whole new wardrobe consisting of strings from hogwire. Fury strings in neon orange and neon green, neon orange wrist sling, neon green peep and peep tube. I've put the sight and rest on already but here she is naked.

Can't do much other than that for about a month until I heal from my arm surgery. Until then I wait patiently and daydream.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.