a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Flemish string ?

Flemish string ?

I've read a couple places you can get one of these for the kestrel and it quiets them down some.. Where can I get one these strings?

Thanks

Gargod is the only stringmaker that I know makes flemish strings. I had one of his strings and they are quality strings but as far as making the bow quieter I didnt notice that much of a difference. The best way to quiet an oneida is a proper tune and a heavy arrow. I shoot a 550 grain fmj out of my black eagle and its very quiet just as quiet as most of the new bows out there today.

Also depends on what material the string is made of. 450 Plus , 452x, 8125, 8125G, Trophy, DynaFlight 97 and BCY X. Some are okay to be used on Oneidas because they have some stretchand there is some that have none and aren't but I know the 450 Plus, 452x, 8125G, Trophy are all okay for Oneidas. I think the BCY X is the latest material out not heard much on for use with Oneidas. I like the Trophy started using it last year and it is quiet on my LFM. There aren't many that will make strings for Oneidas these days especially on AT. Oneidas require double served loop ends if you do look for a string maker.

Ultracam has not enough stretch to be used on Oneidas. From what I remember.

LFM

String material also depends on what bow you have if it has esc limbs or wood. I have a vaportrail string on my black eagle now and I love it. Its made of 452x and it looks great. The end loops are not double served vaportrail explained to me that the process they use there is no serving material on the end loops and that they use a continuous loop of the string material and they ensured me that it will not break or hurt the limbs.

Well CP Oneida only uses double served ends so you need to use what the Bow Manufacturer uses they are the ones that have tested and found that without double served end the string can fail! I have heard it happened and they think it is why an Oneida Exploded and not the string so have your string maker done the tests to know that double served ends is not required? I continue to hear some say this and when it happens then who is it that will be responsible for the damage to the bow because following the bow manufacturers requirements for strings has been issues in the past like using string materials that have to stretch the bow has to absorb the energy and that can also cause other issues. I have been shooting an Oneida since 1995 and never had a string failure because I follow what Oneida Labs and CPO have required in a bow string. Some do what they want but I cannot afford to have a string to fail and it does nor matter the type of outboards limbs is on the bow they both do the same thing the esc is just lighter and made of a composite material, The companies that have provide strings to Oneida have been Stone Mountain, Tailormade and they all have double loop end so there must be a reason? The loops take the stress from the outboards believe who you want but I think CP Oneida would have a different opinion and the string does not cost that much to have the loop ends double served. been buying after market strings for many years and even the custom maker has always doubled served the ends so I would think there is a reason why...

Do what you want but I prefer to follow what has been known for years as a standard for Oneida Bows...

But again that is why many strings makers don't make strings for Oneidas.

So when your string maker has done the R&D and knows that is when I might try one of their strings but until then no thanks.

LFM

Sorry lfm my info came straight from CP Oneida believe what you want but I do my research and talk to CPO before I make any purchases for my black eagle thats why I shoot heavy arrows a limbdriver pro v rest and a pollington pro sight all were recomended by CPO.

I bought parts in the past before consulting oneida and that did not turn out so good thats why I talk with cpo about everything I do to my black eagle

What is the fastest string for a Oneida? I am a target shooter so noise is not a big deal to me.

Not sure if any strings have got faster these days but 8125 was the fastest built string for them that I knew of
    <+><