Thread: whats it worth.

whats it worth.

Just wanting to get an idea what a anodized gold mr 80 would be worth,any ideas?

Bare bow? maybe 650.00 in Mint condition, now what someone will give you might be a differant story.

Any ideas how many of these were made?its a regular mr 80 not a lite.

not a clue how many where made.

call up Joe at American Eagle bows or Richard at 5150 archery...both should be able to get you some info....of course if you get the right person at Oneida, they can help as well.
    USA Level 2 Instructor
    2012 PSE Supra ME, 47#, 30",ACC- 390's Davis sight, FITA ring,
    Win-Win Inno Carbon Riser/Tropics 36#(38 tof), Redline arrows 690- DS Advantage-282grn@ 195fps
    2010 Hoyt Vantage Pro, XT 2000, Sprls, Sure Loc W BE 6X, ACC's 408g @ 259

mr 80 or is it a mr 80 lite? the mr80 isn't worth a lot but the lite version is.
    everything is more fun in kentucky

Hi All

I didn't know the MR80 came in a Lite. The MR is the Machined Riser AeroForce, right?

russ

That is my understanding
    USA Level 2 Instructor
    2012 PSE Supra ME, 47#, 30",ACC- 390's Davis sight, FITA ring,
    Win-Win Inno Carbon Riser/Tropics 36#(38 tof), Redline arrows 690- DS Advantage-282grn@ 195fps
    2010 Hoyt Vantage Pro, XT 2000, Sprls, Sure Loc W BE 6X, ACC's 408g @ 259

The light came in 2 gens first one had the top dog bone open(between the pylon and limb cup) they had a issue with them cracking. So the 2nd gen had a brace that stopped the cracking. The first gen (MR80) and light have the same contact points and over all dimensions of a aero force. The MR80 was very heavy and not as sexy. As I hear the light is near the same weight as a LFM.
    The reason they stopped making them is the shop making the risers programmer left and took the programs with him( I wish I knew who he was cause I would pay to have one made)
    The light is my dream bow.
    Always comes to either I don't have the cash and one is for sale or I have the cash burning a hole in my pocket and no one is selling. I may put up my stealth (machined riser ) converted BE and my LFM Michigan mist target bow up for sale to make sure I have enough next time a light comes up. Or just wait until I finish the one I am programming.

I was just wondering the same thing.
    Aim small. Shoot BIG!

Now I know the bow is more of a collectors item then anything. The MR80 is now what 20 years old? How much would you pay for it? The bows were about $800-1k new. I talked to the guy who sold his MR80 light last year for around 800 or 850. Imho the best looking bow of all times. But I get hung up when look at the new bows and how much they have advanced and the price you can get a new one for, then you look at used eagle prices its mind boggling. But you know what it is worth and what people will pay are two different things.

The bow that Fuzzy69 is talking about is my grandfathers bow. You're right, its probably 15-20 years old. My grandfather recently just passed, he used this gold MR80 to meet 100's of new people and to introduce what he called was the greatest, smoothest, best shooting bow ever made. He converted more people with that bow and won more local tournaments with that bow than I can think of. So yes, its very much a sentimental collectors item more than anything. The family and I have decided to sell the bow and take whatever we get from the bow and turn it into a memorial at the local archery range. We were thinking a bench next to the practice bails where he would put that bow into the hands of so many people and say "Here, try it." I think that's the most we could do with the bow and something he would love to give back to the sport and a place that gave so much joy to him.

Anybody have any ideas on how/where to get the most visibility on the sale of this bow so we can get a nice memorial for my grandfather?
    Aim small. Shoot BIG!

I was sent a picture of the bow. It is drop dead Beautiful!!!! I would love to have it but am holding out for a MR80 light And making my own. (Getting close) Any one would be lucky to have this bow.
    Good luck with the sale.