a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: The Best Crossbow For Hunting? Is Barnett Predator the Best For Beginners?

The Best Crossbow For Hunting? Is Barnett Predator the Best For Beginners?

I want to start crossbow hunting this deer season, and I want to pick up the Barnett Predator 375 CRT. Any suggestion?

Why is this bow so good? Last couple Barnett bows I have seen in the local shop had broken strings in less than 3 doz shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Trapper View Post
    Why is this bow so good? Last couple Barnett bows I have seen in the local shop had broken strings in less than 3 doz shoots.
    usually because of the user, i can see your hate for barnett...usually thats the case if a pro of an archery shop hates a certain brand alot of his customers jump on the band wagon, ive owned 5 barnett crossbows with zero problems, and my best friend has 3 himself right now and zero problems....

to each is own
    Bear Truth 2~Sword Apex Hunter~WB~DCA arrows~RAGE
    Browning Ted Nugent Bloodbrother bow~Easton Classics~
    Elite Synergy(On the way )

Barnett's are IMO a beginners bow that you can get fairly inexpensively. A bow to get you into the woods for a minimal cash out put. Good all in one packages to start. Go on your local Craigslist and search Barnett. Dozens will pop up! It all depends what you are looking for in a bow. To each his or her own! Buy what you like & can afford.

i bought a barnett predator for my first xbow, well i sold it because its just too heavy to carry in the woods, i travel about a mile to my stand and about a mile and a half to my ground blind, my quad 400 is somewhat heavy but nothing near the predators cumbersome weight, especially with all the accessories, it shoots great and very accurate, but i sold it quickly after hunting hogs with it, just a pain in the ass to hold and carry around...i now look for crossbows around 7-8 pounds in weight, the predator is about 10lbs or more
    Bear Truth 2~Sword Apex Hunter~WB~DCA arrows~RAGE
    Browning Ted Nugent Bloodbrother bow~Easton Classics~
    Elite Synergy(On the way )

Barnett BCXtreme is amazing! Fast, accurate, quiet, and lightweight.