Firenock AeroRest

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Firenock AeroRest

First let me appologize as I have not been on Archery Talk for a long time and I have never posted a product endorsement but I have had such a positive experiance the last few weeks I wanted to share with all of you.

I purchase a micro tune AeroRest from Dorge at Firenock a while back after a delightful sales pitch at the Deer and Turkey Expo in Columbus Ohio. I liked his approach to the rest design and his enthusiam about his products won me over. I bought this rest to put on a new PSE Full Throttle I bought this past winter and have just now started to get the bow out as the weather is starting to finally shape up and start tuning it to get ready to do some 3D clubs shoots and above all hutning season this fall. I bought the micro tune version of the rest as I am a fantatic like most serious bow hunters and wanted maximum fine tune capabilties, admitted the rest is pricey and will scare some folks off but they do make a standard model that is much more reasonable.

Anyhow upon inital mounting I found the rest will not fit on the new PSE bows equipped with the flex cable slide verses the old standard rod cable guard. The top adjustment knob on the micro tune contacts the cable guard. Their product brochure shows a low mount arm that appeared would fix the problem so I contacted Dorge at Firenock for help. Dorge informed me they do not make the low mount anymore but thought he knew where he could find me one. Well he did and had it sent to me promptly. This fit perfectly, before I discuss the rest in general Dorge has already redesigned the rest to so the top and the bottom of the rest are the same so you can switch the adjustment knob to the bottom of the rest verses the top so clearance will no longer be a problem on future versions.

Back to tuning, It took me maybe 45 minutes of following Dorge's instructions on tuning to get arrows to shoot perfect bullet holes. I tend to screw around taking my time when playing with my toys so by all means somebody on a mission could have tuned it much faster. I have tried several name brand rests in the past, the usual popular drop away models and some worked better than others but I must say this rest provides to most consistant shooting pattern of anything I have tried yet. It shoots perfect bullet holes when paper tuning, not that other rests won't but I find it more fore giving and more consistant.

I chronoed the bow after setup and I checked the draw weight of the bow and its currently sitting at 69 lbs., 30 inch draw, 353 grain arrow and it pumping out 356 ft. sec. conistantly. I shot the bow 5 times through the chrono and it hit 356 five straight times exactly, I got 4 dup. readings on the chrono. I am sure an expert could fine tune and sqweek out a few more feet per second but I am pretty happy with this and the draw curve on this full throttle is smoother than my old Omen and I am shooting 3 lbs. less.

I love this rest and if your not familar with it, its a full containment style (not a drop away) with 3 ceramic balls that float on adjustable tension springs. The top ball you set just fractions off the arrow as it does nto need to contact only provide the correct clearance to maintain full containment. Tuning is easy, simply crank the springs down all the way in the bottom cermaic balls and set your vertical and horizontal center shot to start paper tuning. Tune the rest left and right ignoring vertical till you get just a vertical tear then you start adjusting for vertical tune. Start backing out the tension screws on the bottom cermic balls a 1/2 turn at a time until you bring vertical tune in and blame you are done.

I heard some people might be worried about arrow noise as your arrows draws back over the cermamic balls but I use Victory VForce HV1 arrows with the new slick coating for easy arrow removal and I can assure you it is almost deadly slilent and if you still have any concerns about noise their are some teflon balls that you can use for hunting but its not reccomended to use them all the time as they will wear quick. The three ceramic balls are positioned such that you get complete fletch clearance as well and I use a healical fletch and have no issues with vane contact.

The rest is very light, mostly made of aluminum and Dorge even included titanium bolts to keep it as light as he can, unbelievable. I am really looking forward to shooting it more this summer and using it this fall during hunting season.

For me this has been the easiest rest to setup and tune I think I have ever used. I am not sure what else to say other than I am really impressed with Dorge's design and his after sales support. If anyone has any questions about this rest feel free to contact me, I would love to help you with your questions if your at all considering this rest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140504_173237.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	1946688   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140504_173245.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	1946690  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Great review. I have the standard version, and will be putting Aerorests on all my present and future bows.
    Get release aids

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Nice review and it sounds interesting, but looks like my 3 vanes would hit the 3 ceramic balls as I shoot cock vane up. Do you shoot cock vane down with the setup I see in the pictures? Have you checked for vane contact with either the foot powder or lipstick tests?

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Strodav View Post
    Nice review and it sounds interesting, but looks like my 3 vanes would hit the 3 ceramic balls as I shoot cock vane up. Do you shoot cock vane down with the setup I see in the pictures? Have you checked for vane contact with either the foot powder or lipstick tests?
    You shoot cock feather down, and yes, there is no fletching contact, actually if you place an arrow with the fletching between the ceramic balls there is way more clearance and plenty of room for arrow movement, it would surprise you. Dorge shows this when he is selling the rest also, as that is a frequent question. I too also was concerned as I shoot a healical fletch but I have no issues. Right now I have the neon colored 4 inch Fusion vanes fletch with a Bizenburger right hand healical fletch.

Another thing I like that I did not mention in my original post is "no strings attached". You don't have to worry about any trip chords like the normal drop aways. No attaching strings to your cables or limbs.

Very nice....very high tech rest....but realy super simple and lite weight...

I am now taking preorder for the micro adjust rest with 2 ball bearings which allow you to put the adjustment screw on the bottom at the same price as the current one. When it officially come it, it will be $15.00 more due to more machining time and cost of the extra micro precision flange ball bearing. Just click the option when you order on our web store!
    http://shop.firenock.com/product.sc?productId=174
    Dorge O Huang Hidden Content Tel: (815) 780-1695 C: (708) 267-0474
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company • URL: Hidden Content • Web Store: Hidden Content
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane® Jig, AeroRest™, APS, PAPS, AeroPoint™ with FACT™(Firenock Arrow Concentric Technology), AeroInsert™, ACT, CTI, AeroOutsert™, AeroBolt™, AeroBushing™, AeroConcept™, AeroBowString Jig, Traumahawk™, Dagger™, and Hydro® systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Firenock View Post
    I am now taking preorder for the micro adjust rest with 2 ball bearings which allow you to put the adjustment screw on the bottom at the same price as the current one. When it officially come it, it will be $15.00 more due to more machining time and cost of the extra micro precision flange ball bearing. Just click the option when you order on our web store!
    http://shop.firenock.com/product.sc?productId=174
    Hi Dorge, cpuld you please tell me what the c frame and mounting bar are made of please
    More bows than I can remember Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by w8indq View Post
    Hi Dorge, cpuld you please tell me what the c frame and mounting bar are made of please
    Aircraft aluminum (T6 IIRC)
    Get release aids

The new dual ball bearing vertical bow mount is out. It is a $10.00 upgrade as there is an extra flange ball bearing on the top of the mount too. This option let you swap the location of the knob on top or bottom. And did I mention it is so precise as the adjustment shaft is now 100% supported by the ball bearings. No cosmetic difference so if you just want to use the vertical screw on top, the v2014.5 is all you need. For this who may ask, the bows that require this upgrade are the 2014 Obsession with the new cable slide, the 2014 Expedition with the new cable slide, the 2014 PSE with the new cable slide. Yes, it is because of the location of the cable slide, which interfere with the knob; which make this option necessary.
    Dorge O Huang Hidden Content Tel: (815) 780-1695 C: (708) 267-0474
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company • URL: Hidden Content • Web Store: Hidden Content
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane® Jig, AeroRest™, APS, PAPS, AeroPoint™ with FACT™(Firenock Arrow Concentric Technology), AeroInsert™, ACT, CTI, AeroOutsert™, AeroBolt™, AeroBushing™, AeroConcept™, AeroBowString Jig, Traumahawk™, Dagger™, and Hydro® systems.