Archery Talk Forum banner

Which stabilizer is to get?

• Crown Carbon Stabilizer Set

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • W&W Sebastian Flute Velocity Stabilizer Set (30", 11")

Votes: 13 76.5%
58K views 440 replies 174 participants last post by  guidoTRX 
#1 ·
hand held ir wrist release ?

I am using a hardcore wrist release to shoot with now but gave been thinking about going to the four finger hand held version with rotating head or should I just stay with what I have ? I guess my question is I've had guys tell me I'll get better groups with hand held is this true...

#2 ·
Trying to find a hook release

I borrowed an older stan i believe at one time that was a hook only. Not a hinge. Wondering if anyone could tell me the name of it possibly. And or other releases like it. I like the whalens hooker. Just seeing what else is out there

#4 ·
OK, we normally don't like to talk brand names and stuff in this forum. However there are always going to be people looking for gear advice from int-adv competition archers.
So I would like to try to contain those threads within this one.
This lets those who don't want to talk gear to pass by just 1 thread.
Those gear junkies among us can post here.
Most of the rules remain:
NO bashing
NO "hawking" ( you can still answer questions about your wares or list it's features).

Let's try to put ALL gear/brand driven questions here.

Thanx!

#26 ·
So I am going to have to scroll through one single thread to find information on every brand of gear in target recurve and compound? If I want to comment on one persons info, my comment will fall to the end of the thread no matter how far away from the original post that was? Not disorganized at all, I cant wait for the fun to begin.... :plain:

#8 ·
My main bow is my open class 3D setup.
Here are complete specs.
Bow: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite FX 28.5 draw at 62 pounds. Spiral cams
Sight: Axcel AX 3000, 9" bar with 1 3/4" 6X Viper scope, .019 up pin with biue fiber and LP light kit.
Peep: Specialty Archery Super peep with #2 1/8" clairfer.
Rest: Hamskea Versa Rest, Bottom Cable Driven.
Stablizer: Front, Fuse 24" ES Blade with 3 oz wt., Back, Fuse 12" ES Blade with 10 oz wt.
Arrows: Easton Fatboy 500 27 1/4" long, G nocks LG, 80 gr glue in points with 3 #26 AAE Plasti fletch vanes. Total Weight 315 grains.
I'm getting 318 FPS out of this setup.

#13 ·
I shoot with a Spot Hogg Edge on my target bow and I love it. It's very accurate and easy to adjust if you change arrows like Mahly said.

#10 ·
Personally, I think both are solid rests. I would set them both up and keep one as a spare, or sell whichever is "worth" more.
I don't think 1 will be more accurate than the other. If one has a special feature you like, keep that one.

#16 ·
Replacing blades is more consistent with the pro blade. I shoot with a few guys that use them and if they break or bend it usually requires little to no adjustment after replacement. I have a TT SS pro on mine and there is quite a bit of slop in the holes on the blade base. Similar to the spot hogg. My next one will be a pro blade.

#17 ·
I much prefer the pro blade- I've seen more spot Hogg rests fail than any others.. That said both are solid rests, the indexing system on the AAE's is pretty handy at times- their blades last very well, better than the std launchers I've run in the past.

Are you happy with the performance of your aae? When I changed to mine I maybe picked up an x on Vegas face... But the first x I picked up was the big one... If you are happy with what you have, leave it be or make some smal adjustments to left/right position, blade angle and stiffness, in/out position of the blade to bring groups In a little more. If you're not happy switch the rests up

#19 ·
i wouldnt change anything until you have put a couple thousand shots through the rig- get it tuned and shot it a bunch; if you aren't happy with the results and you know its not arrows then pop the other rest on and play around. I'd mark where the pro blade is on the riser, if you don't like the other one you can save the time of setting the pro blade back up...

#21 ·
Best rest for 3d and field

I have a new to me Hoyt Contender Elite I will be shooting for 3D and Field, possibly some indoor. I am looking for opinions on the best rest out there. I just picked up an Axcel armor tech vision pro and will be shooting fixed pins for now. I am just getting into target archery. I also have a Bowtech carbon knight hunting bow that i need a rest for since my trophy ridge revolution messed up on me last weekend. Throw me some ideas out there. This Hoyt had a trophy take spring steel blade on it and I am not sure that is for me. I really prefer some kind of drop away. I have been contemplating maybe a limb driver.

#22 ·
I would go with a Limbdriver micro elite. Virtually as good as the Hamskea, but at a lower cost. If money is an issue, try the Limbdriver Pro.
Any of those 3 will work, the micro elite, and Hamskea being slightly better due to the bearings (no slop)

#23 ·
Anyone use Starrlight FOB fletched arrows in competition shooting? If so, how do they compare with Razr feather or AEE Pro Max vanes?

Also, are there any Trap Door rest shooters around with all of the newer corded drop aways on the market? If so, have you tried the newer drop aways and how do they stack up against the Trap Door? Thanks.

#24 · (Edited)
I didn't use them in competitions, but I have used modified FOBs extensively (they don't make a FOB for 27 series shafts).
I can say this, I feel they are at LEAST as good as any standard vane or feather.... Probably better.
I used a set of FOBs made for axis arrows, and bored them out to a TIGHT fit on standard sized carbon shafts as I couldn't deal with the face contact I got with them right at the arrow nock. This let me place them farther up the shaft (reducing effectiveness SLIGHTLY in theory).
For known yardage sports, I think they are great (provided you use arrows they fit).
For unknown, they will be a little slower than some other options, that might effect your choice.
If you have arrows that they will work with (and your shooting a game that your not putting multiple arrows in at a time), I suggest trying them.
If you don't like em, it's easy to go back.
In the wind, they are amazing!

#27 ·
Started 3 months ago, and the world is still turning.
The thought is that if your and intermediate to advanced competition shooter, you probably know what gear works for you already.
Posts here usually get answered quickly, and there isn't much discussion/ debate about it.
It's working so far.

#28 ·
target stabilizers

I was wondering what stabilizer you guys think works best for vibration reduction when shooting indoor spots.
the long stabilizer i'm using seems to vibrate after the shot which makes follow thru difficult.
lets here what you guys are using.

#31 ·
I was wondering what stabilizer you guys think works best for vibration reduction when shooting indoor spots.
the long stabilizer i'm using seems to vibrate after the shot which makes follow thru difficult.
lets here what you guys are using.
I would think that vibration after the shot happens long after the arrow has left the bow and your follow through has long since happened as well. Also, as bigHUN pointed out the issues you are having can be caused by several other issues.

#29 ·
Your stabilizer brand/or model is too soft for that your setup, not necessary means that rod is bad and also may work way better on some other brand/or model bow.
second, if you have that big kick from your bow something may be wrong with your tuning or with the entire setup?....I didn't sad laud, that have not much to do with the kick.
third, in this subforum we mostly deal with equipment questions what we already proved to be working well,
me personally had at least ten different stabilizer setups before I stop looking further.
I am not going to send you to generic forum but do not expect anybody will point you to a specific brand, not a fair question to all views.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.