Archery Talk Forum banner

Viper Nano & Viper Air?

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  bushwick 
#1 ·
Anybody shoot either the Viper Nano, or Air? I am freaking digging both of them, especially the Nano.. I am a big single-cam buff, and the specs on both of these bows is absolutely sexy, if I may say so myself. If anyone has any experience, what is the draw cycle like; and performance? I am going to shoot them tomorrow if they are in stock at my local dealer, so I should be able to tell but you know.. I don't want to wait. xD

#2 ·
I shoot a nano, great bow. Draw feels a little stiff for the pounds - first time l drew my 60 back at the shop l could have sworn it was in the 62-64lb range, but its got a nice solid backstop, had next to no hand shock without a stabiliser (put one on and it becomes non-existant), but damn do those arrows fly fast!!!

#3 ·
Thanks, man! I'll have to test it out! I've been shooting a Longbow for the past 2 1/2 years, so it isn't that big of a deal; and besides, I don't think it could get much worse than my dad's old hoyt I used to shoot; pulling back 60 pounds was harder than ripping Excalibur out from a granite citadel haha. But honestly, I think that backstop makes all the difference; especially if I'll be humping the thing around on a spot & stalk in CO, the last thing I want is a mushy backwall, that I have to struggle to keep back.

#5 ·
Shot them all,I am a dual cam guy and shoot the M34 which I love but when anyone asks me about their bows I usually steer them towards the Nano it is one sweet shootin bow,I guess everyone is different but most guys that shoot them feel they pull lighter than what it's set at and the back wall is solid good luck and keep us posted.

#6 ·
I have both, purchased the Nano around Christmas, liked it so much I thought I would get another one for back-up. I tried the viper air and liked it even more than the nano. So now, the air is going to be my "go to" bow and the nano will be the back-up. Both shoot great but the Air is lighter and a shorter ATA (27.5" compared to the nano's 30.5")

#7 ·
I am with mongoarcher as I am a dual cam guy too. But the Nano and Viper Air are spectacular bows as well, and your right guys the back wall on the Viper series is like hitting a brick wall, 100%solid and no movement at all. I tend to find they draw lighter than what the scale says, but everyone is different. And nothing is easier than the Cam Lock pin for adjustments on the string/cable harness in the field or in the shop.

#9 ·
Yep, Mamba Air is a snappy little snot rocket! My son shoots the older Sidewinder HE2 which is the bow previous to the Mamba Air and it is great little bow! Fast but still forgiving and stable and accurate. He can keep Wac 'Em fixed blades in a 4" circle to 40 yards when he trains regular.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.