Thread: Western KY, Crittenden, Bow Only approx. 2000 acres (House included) - 1 farm

Western KY, Crittenden, Bow Only approx. 2000 acres (House included) - 1 farm

We have 1 spot available, maybe 2 as one of our guys that have committed earlier is not responding back.

I started a new thread as the other thread was getting cluttered...

Western KY, Crittenden, Bow Only approx. 2000 acres (House included) - 1 farm
    -130 Minimum
    -Land has not been leased in 7 years
    -House on lease
    -Campers welcome (water and power)
    -Approx. 50% woods, 50% fields (property is laid out beautifully), many fields, power lines, thick woods/ thin woods, fence rows
    -Food plots (we are anticipating 25ish acres of plots)
    -Land is 2.8 miles from north to south and 1.9 miles from east to west (at the longest and widest spots)
    -Almost 1 mile of power lines through middle of woods
    -Crittenden is one of the top rated counties in KY for deer hunting
    -Local Biologist told me there is approx 2500 acres adjacent to us practicing QDM.

We have approx. 2020 contiguous acres (95% is huntable) just west of Marion, KY. Crittenden county has a reputation for high quality Whitetail Deer genetics. This land is a few miles from the Ohio river.

This area is one of those mid-west pockets that has produced world class white tails (and leases are very hard to come by). I have been trying to lease a 700 acre tract a few miles from this land that has produced 150 to 190 inch deer every year (I thought I was going to get it this year, but it is looking like it is not going to happen). The genetics are here. There are a lot of deer on this property and in the area. According to the local biologist and a White Tail Property agent I spoke with, this property should produce 150+ to B&C bucks (this is the only reason I am interested). This is a tract that can be managed for long term success!!!

The land is approx. 50/50 woods with many different fields. It is laid out beautifully. It will be bow hunting only, 17 members (half of the members have other mid-west land to hunt), house included, I was told the land owner is planting 20 acres of food plots, and we will be adding to this (5 to 10 acres in specific spots, the land owner has offered his help to plant food plots so we might get more). There is small rock quarry in front/ middle of the property (very thick CRP like growth around the edge) that will act as a sanctuary. There are thick woods, open woods, over a mile long power lines, etc.

The land has not been leased in approx. 7 years, and has had light hunting pressure. The land owners grandson is going to college, and he is now leasing the land again. The land is a cattle farm with corn and soybeans around the property (there are not many cattle on the property and during deer season should be kept towards the front of the property being fed by hay bails). All of the woods are fenced off.

The price is $2000 per bow (including the house). We also have power and water for campers. We are looking for hunters that are willing to harvest mature bucks.

Since this land has had little pressure, the first two years should be off the charts. There is sign on the property that some large mature bucks are roaming around (thigh sized rubs).

I have been looking for a tract like this for a long time. I really think this is a farm you can hang your hat on and will want to stay for a while.

Also, several of the members will be hunting in other parts of the mid-west during the year (I lease 3800 acres in IL and am hunting KS next year, another guy owns a farm in Iowa and hunts in north IL, the president of the club hunts in Missouri and has another spot in KY). I suspect half the members will fit in this category.

If interested, let me know.

I have been hunting in the mid-west for 14 years now. This club/ land is the real deal.

It has countless spots to hunt, the property is drop dead beautiful, pressure should be kept to a minimum as we are bow hunting only and half they guys in the club already have other tracts to hunt (this will be a stop over spot for me getting to my IL tracks, others are in the same boat).

PMs replied to

ttt

Yes, as all members have to sign the lease and holdharmless agreement. All members will have a placard with a member number to identify their vehilce when on property also.

Seems some want to say they are in prior to talking it over with their wife sometimes is my guess

A few of our guys are going up on the first week of June (6th or 7th). If you are interested and can join them, let me know.

We have one possibly 2 spots available. One of our guys who committed is in Afghanistan. We have not heard from him and really hope he is OK. We are obviously giving him time.
    Last edited by 167_12PT; May 21st, 2014 at 12:31 PM.

Website has a few new pages that I have added. One is a forum for members and the other is an online calendar for members so as to post when they are headed up so others can stay abreast and also items such as workdays.

I will be allowing members access to this calendar soon. Forum is already open for members to use.

Hi guys - As of now, we have 3 spots available.

As anticipated, while collecting funds from everyone who has committed, 3 guys have had issues come up and have to back out for this year.

Let me know if interested.

I think I sent you a PM...not sure if it went through or not. If it didn't. Please let me know. I really would like to discuss the lease with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ACbowhunter14 View Post
    I think I sent you a PM...not sure if it went through or not. If it didn't. Please let me know. I really would like to discuss the lease with you.
    Replied

Can u send me some aerials with the property lines?

Here's a link to the club website - http://diyhunts.weebly.com/

It has rules and an aerial of the lease. The property is about 4 miles west of Marion, Ky.

I joined the club after looking at the property back in April.

I have created a blog on the websites to provide an easy way to keep up with updates for both clubs.

Good job . I like it !

Still have a few spots, PM if interested or visit the web page.

wish i had the extra money. The property looks awessome
    If deer hunting was easy i could do it....

How many total members?

17 members

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsampson View Post
    How many total members?
    Correct 17, half the guys have other places in midwest they will share the november rut. I have 2 other farms in KY, IL and I am going to KS, another is hunting CO- Nebraska and IL, another is in MO and another farm in KY, another is in KS, etc.

The land is 3 miles from north to south, 2 miles wide, approx 50/50 woods / fields, crazy big. It is Little House On The Prairie beautiful.

I also will be in Iowa the first two weeks of November, this is the way the club is setup so as not to be pressured by all members hunting every weekend and over pressuring the lease.
    Quote Originally Posted by 167_12PT View Post
    Correct 17, half the guys have other places in midwest they will share the november rut. I have 2 other farms in KY, IL and I am going to KS, another is hunting CO- Nebraska and IL, another is in MO and another farm in KY, another is in KS, etc.

The land is 3 miles from north to south, 2 miles wide, approx 50/50 woods / fields, crazy big. It is Little House On The Prairie beautiful.

Looks like we have two openings remaining. Two prospective members who said they were in are not returning phone calls so their spots we will be looking to fill.

Website has new information posted.

1 spot open.