Thread: Mamba X7

Mamba X7

Looking for some reviews and opinions on this bow.
    Draw cycle, hand shock, back wall, rated speed etc...
    New Breed Cyborg | Mathews DLD | Hoyt Carbon Matrix | Tallon Whisky-Jack Longbow
    New Breed Archery Field Staff
    Supporter of Nuge's Strings

I bought a M6 love this bow super fast shooting a 464 gr arrow at 313fps it is 70 29 the draw cycle is nice a little stiff but consistent all the way back so smooth I'd say and hand shock is minimal I call it feedback and I just put a stabilizer on been shooting without it I liked shooting without it due to the light weight but holds much better on target with it. All that being said the back wall is not great if you are used to solid elite and other limb stop back walls but it is pretty good I love my M6 I'd buy the m34 if I did it over
    "A country boy is all I'll ever be" Aron Lewis
    Stevens archery inception
    Black Eagle Archery Field Staff

So on the Mambas the stops are cable stops?
    New Breed Cyborg | Mathews DLD | Hoyt Carbon Matrix | Tallon Whisky-Jack Longbow
    New Breed Archery Field Staff
    Supporter of Nuge's Strings

Yeah the cables hit the modules on the cams not rock solid but the rest of the bow makes up for it
    "A country boy is all I'll ever be" Aron Lewis
    Stevens archery inception
    Black Eagle Archery Field Staff

I have recently become a dealer for APA bows. I am currently using a X7 for spot shooting and have decided I'll likely use it for deer hunting as well. It is the best feeling and shooting bow that I've had in my hands. That being said, the bow fits me extremely well. Bows are very personal item as far as fit and feel go. I put a set of strings on it from JBK before shooting it so I can't say much about the factory strings on this bow. I've set up and sold a M7, Nano and a Mamba Air with factory strings and have had no issues with them. The APA's are some of the easiest bows to tune that I've messed with. I have found they tune much finer if you have the length of the cable y's made longer on a set of custom strings. I increased the length of the Y's 2" on the set of JBK strings I got for it. I've seen no issues on the modules stopping on the cables. If draw length and form are correct you should have no issues. The biggest issues I've seen with people flexing the wall is due to improper draw length and or fatigue. Bad form will cause the wall to give a little but thats usually indicative of improper draw length. My favorite part of these bows is the grip. Again, APA's grip just fits me better than any other bow I've shot. I'll try to help with any question you might have.

Is the wall real spongey or is it fairly solid?
    2013 PSE Dominator 3D Max, Carbon Craft Stabilizers, Axcel Carbon Achieve, Black Eagle Arrows

The back wall on the APA dual cam is pretty solid, not as solid as say a cam rotation pin that bears against the limb at full draw, but the best wall with out that type of system for sure.
    Every man dies,
    not every man really lives.

Why do you have the Y's 2" longer is it so you can zero the cam lean ? I can't zero the cams without hitting string

The longer Y's make for finer tuning and more clearance if there's cam lean issues. I have no cam lean in mine at all. The stock string on the one I received was not served correctly where the string comes in contact with the roller guide so I never fooled with the factory string so I can't comment on it. I have set up M7's, an M34 and a Mamba Air with no cam lean and no string touching issues though. I put a JBK string on the X7 and put it to the factory specs, set the timing, installed a twister cdx rest and it has shot flawlessly with Gold Tip Tripple X's. I haven't touched it since the initial set up. It shot perfect right out the press. It's the first bow that I've set up that didn't need any adjustments from initial set up.

I'll have to try JBK strings Thanks