Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holster for carrying while running?

Quote Originally Posted by xxxJakkxxx View Post
    Hopefully it works out for you. Something that might help a bit that I have done is wearing compression shorts under your workout shorts. It may add a bit of support to help manage the weight of the firearm. Also, the wait for the CPL (CCW) is terrible. I'm pretty glad that WA puts a 30 day limit on how long the LEO can take before issuing them.
    Nah this is a must issue state within 45 days. How would adding compression shorts help? The holster clips over my shorts, not my boxers.

I don't carry on short runs, but on long runs I carry mine in my Camelbak mule tactical version. I know it's not a holster but it works well enough for me. I have tried many holsters for running with my Glock 26 and have not found a viable option for summertime. In the wintertime when I wear more clothing, I carry inside my Comptac IWB.
    Lefty 2009 PSE Dream Season GX, Spot Hogg Hoggit, Xtreme Stab, Limbdriver, G5 Peep, Goldtip XT and Slick Tricks

I plan on getting glock 42. Really the only thing stopping me is that a .380 costs more than 9mm. ***?

Quote Originally Posted by Chopayne View Post
    Nah this is a must issue state within 45 days. How would adding compression shorts help? The holster clips over my shorts, not my boxers.
    Sorry for not getting back to you quicker, I haven't had much time to hop on the forums. The compression shorts would be helpful if you have the IWB holster inside of the shorts against your hip. The tighter waist band and shorts would help it hold against you and give some support. I've done this with normal nylon uncle mike's IWB holsters and it helps significantly if I can't wear my belt with my shorts or pants.

Ahh. I was thinking compression underwear. I didn't see how having tight underwear would help.

Am I supposed to wear running shorts over the compression shorts? Or just the compression shorts. I don't see how the compression shorts in either case wouldn't get a hole poked through it with an iwb

Quote Originally Posted by Chopayne View Post
    Ahh. I was thinking compression underwear. I didn't see how having tight underwear would help.

Am I supposed to wear running shorts over the compression shorts? Or just the compression shorts. I don't see how the compression shorts in either case wouldn't get a hole poked through it with an iwb
    I always wear shorts over my compression shorts out of modesty. Even compressed crotch looks like crotch. Lol
    The good quality compression shorts for working out are usually resilient enough to handle a bit of rubbing from a holster as long as there are no sharp edges. Of course, my experience is with a soft nylon holster, not a kydex. The kydex may be a problem.

Heres mine.....I do the leather work.....been doing it for cowboys since the 90s......

Attached Images Attached Images
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12