Archery Talk Forum banner

"GILLO Gold Medal" G1 riser

108K views 503 replies 99 participants last post by  Fly2High 
#1 ·
Our development is now close to the end, tests are OK, so this Friday we will publish pictures and details of our new riser, the "GILLO Gold Medal" G1 that Michele will use in Antalya WC next week.

Facial hair Beard Recreation Cap

OK, I know this picture is not enough, just wait two days more ..:wink:

P.S.
Something more at https://www.facebook.com/gillogoldmedal

See less See more
#2 ·
That's enough for me to know I like the limb pocket design and that the riser is drilled and tapped for a backweight bushing. ;) I can see the limb alignment adjustment solution as well. Simple is good.

#6 ·
Damn, I just bought a new riser!

#8 ·
#9 ·
Here's what was said about that earlier:

I have been involved with Michele in original testing of the Bernadini Ghibly, Best Zenit , Spigarelli VBS 2001. Then, when I was cooperating with Bernardini, I designed the Luxor 27" based on Nilo structure but quite different in geometry, that was the 1st 27" to reach the market. I also designed at that time the Bernardini Mamba 19" hunting riser, based on Cobra 21 stucture.
The Gillo G1 project has started last December, first 25" prototype tested in March and final pre production samples will be available by end of May. My hope is that Michele will be able to use one of them in Antalya World Cup. First production available for sales planned by end of August.
The project is trying to reach following objectives:
- Make a riser based on Zenit super tested winning geometries, but more versatile in balancing for both recurve and Bare Bow. You will be surprised by the options already available at the launch, but we have even more ideas about
- Make a riser cheaper than Zenit, more close in price to the Moon in the basic version. Target retail price in Europe for the 25" is 399.00 Euro only including 22% VAT is still possible!
Any project in risers starts from 25", were the market is. But as said, I can easily make a 27" from it, may be by year end ... Let's see...
The "GILLO Gold Medal" project involves the development of a full range of original archery products. You can follow its development on Facebook at :
https://www.facebook.com/gillogoldmedal

#18 ·
And of course, this riser will surely accept the "old" grip standard used by Hoyt for many years and still used by Spigarelli, BEST and SKY (commonly referred to as the "Avalon" grip).

#19 ·
Of Course ... :smile::smile:

Believe it or not, it can also accept (like the other risers you mentioned) the grip of the Radian, even if the hand is presently not so comfortable directly against the aluminum (but I think to be able to fix this in mass production ...)

#21 ·
This riser is born to make all archers happy about the number of possibilities they will get to make its balance different. Combining all standard options available, you will be able to reach more than 150 balance combinations without adding any stabilizer or weight to the 6 (six) x 5/16-24 stabilizers holes. But then you wil have even more possibilities adding additional weights to the 3 front holes of the special Bare bow covers, if you use it. A real toy that will fill your time for a long future... just trying to find the right combination for you.

#39 ·
@Vittorio - does this riser have something similar to the fantastic feature the bernardini has for the " click " precharges on the limb bolts ? Just curious, as that is a feature that has always seemed incredibly smart and useful and that no other riser that I know of has managed to incorporate.

#23 ·
Exact same geometry as the Moon/Zenit or are there changes?

-Grant

#30 ·
Great looking riser Vittorio !!!
So, um, is there some sort of a waiting list I can put my name on for your first roll out of the 27 inch in LH :teeth::teeth:
I would very much be interested in a riser like this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.