Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's heading Moose hunting this fall with an X-Force?

smashing a moose is the plan... the Vendetta is tuned and ready

PSE Vedetta, 70#, 29"dl, black gold accent 3 pin movable, Limbdriver pro V, Easton da'Torche 330 (mine)
    Hoyt Pro Comp Elite fx, 50lb, 25" dl, QAD HDX, single pin black gold accent (wifes)
    PSE Fever 1 (boys), 26lb LH recurve (baby girls)

Quote Originally Posted by cfinn View Post
    smashing a moose is the plan... the Vendetta is tuned and ready
    Which area are you hunting?in which province?..we are heading to Longlac area in Northern Ontario....Good luck...Grizz
    "I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason,no,uh,conscience,no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death,of good or evil,right or wrong. I met this six year old child with this blank,pale,emotionless face,and the blackest eyes,the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply evil"...

here is another 10 Cx Terminator hunter 45/60's i picked up to try..they are a heavy gpi and a solid weighted arrow without adding brass inserts..,i wrapped them today when i got home,these will be shot out of my Ss Gx....if i take that bow moose hunting,if not.These will be my bear hunting arrows come early September out of the Revenge or Ss Gx....Grizz
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason,no,uh,conscience,no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death,of good or evil,right or wrong. I met this six year old child with this blank,pale,emotionless face,and the blackest eyes,the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply evil"...

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyMan1980 View Post
    so this evening i went up baited up my bear baits and took my vendetta with me to fling a few arrows when i was finished.I have to say,that the more i shoot this setup,the more i love it and at this point I'm almost certain it will be making the trip up north for moose hunting this fall....i believe i will shoot the 100 gr steel-force phat heads out of this with a 500 gr ish arrow .300 spine.65 lbs,28" draw.I am feeling very confident and shooting better with this bow then any of the ones i own at this time,here it is in the new sling...the sling was worth the money...imo......Grizz
    Just to save you a possible hassle later on...those slings aren't considered legal for encasing your bow before or after legal shooting hours in Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    Just to save you a possible hassle later on...those slings aren't considered legal for encasing your bow before or after legal shooting hours in Ontario.
    i know they are not,i have a soft case that i use.i know the rules..Thanks for the heads up..Cheers..Grizz

I wonder if the Mnr considers a Game plan Bowbat legal to carry a bow in before and after legal time?I used one for turkey hunting last spring,i like my cheap $40.00 soft case from Canadian tire as well too carry too and from stand...Grizz

We are heading up moose hunting this fall and i am just wondering who is as well and what x-force they will be taking with them?...I am going for the vacation,to get away with my father,do some fishing,grouse hunting and hopefully get a chance at a bull in the rut....But most of all to spend some time with my dad and have fun...Grizz
    Where are you headed? We booked our 2015 archery moose trip near Nipigon. It's a camp we fish out of every year. I doubt we'll see the quality or quantity like we did in BC, but I am still looking forward to it.
    "A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." Laurence J. Peter

i know they are not,i have a soft case that i use.i know the rules..Thanks for the heads up..Cheers..Grizz
    I haven't really read up on all the laws yet. Are you guys saying we need to case our bows if we are walking out of the woods after shooting hours?
    "A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." Laurence J. Peter

You need to have your bow and or gun in a case before and after legal shooting times...Grizz

You need to have your bow and or gun in a case before and after legal shooting times...Grizz
    Ok, thanks. So I need to have my case with me in the woods or be out of the woods before end of legal shooting? That's an interesting law. Not used to that down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade B View Post
    Ok, thanks. So I need to have my case withe in the woods or be out of the woods before end of legal shooting? That's an interesting law. Not used to that down here.
    i carry my case with me to my stand all the time if i am either in before legal time or I'm not coming out after legal time.If i am going during the day,i don't bring it.We have our own laws up here....Grizz

i carry my case with me to my stand all the time if i am either in before legal time or I'm not coming out after legal time.If i am going during the day,i don't bring it.We have our own laws up here....Grizz
    Gotcha. We'll be spot and stalk hunting so we'll have to plan accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade B View Post
    Gotcha. We'll be spot and stalk hunting so we'll have to an accordingly.
    so do we moose hunting half the time.You should read up on the rules for hunting in Ontario to make sure you don't' get pinched.I have been at camp when/ over 20 Americans were fined with different offenses on the lake in the past for not knowing or breaking little rules.. http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/index.ht...-info=home_Eng

I just spent 15 minutes on the phone with our Mnr and not any of them could tell me 100% if the Gameplan bowbat was legal or illegal before and after legal time.I will call back tomorrow and speak with another guy,he was gone...Grizz
    Last edited by GrizzlyMan1980; July 10th, 2014 at 04:18 PM.

So i spent yesterday afternoon...early evening getting my X-force Axe 6 70 lbs dialed in.I have it sighted in out to 40 yards right now.I will finish getting it dialed in to 55-60 yards later this week.This will be my #1 moose hunting rig this fall,and most likely my #1 hunting rig all fall.I have also decided to take my Custom X-Force as a back-up to the Axe 6 as it will be as close to the Axe 6 as you can get ....I will be shooting an assortment of 100 gr Slick tricks on the tip of the .300 Victory arrows..Grizz
    Attached Images Attached Images

My arrow scale arrived yesterday.I weighed all my arrows i built

-Victory Vforce .300 w/100gr brass inserts/100 gr broad-head/nockturnal-514 gr
    -Easton Bloodline .330 with 75 gr brass insert/100 gr broad-head/Easton nock-468 gr
    -Easton Bloodline .400 with 75 gr brass insert-footed/100 gr broad-head/nockturnal-487 gr

I was close at guessing the completed weight.I wanted a scale and finally ordered one...Grizz

I'm hoping to get my bull draw up at my camp (northern Ontario), if not I'll spend some time scouting around the camp for next year and hope for a calf or bear within range if I'm lucky enough. I'll be shooting my XForce Vendetta XS set at a 28" draw and 60lbs. Currently shooting Carbon Express Mayhem 250s with 100gr Muzzys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jables View Post
    I'm hoping to get my bull draw up at my camp (northern Ontario), if not I'll spend some time scouting around the camp for next year and hope for a calf or bear within range if I'm lucky enough. I'll be shooting my XForce Vendetta XS set at a 28" draw and 60lbs. Currently shooting Carbon Express Mayhem 250s with 100gr Muzzys.
    Nice,i hope we get a bull or cow tag but we are going anyway,calf's taste better anyway and i will just fish and grouse hunt a little more.I had a Vendetta Xs,sweet little bow...Good luck,hope you get drawn...Grizz

So i went ahead and ordered a Alps Pathfinder pack last week,it arrived Wednesday,i probably did not need it but really liked the one i purchased for my father and wanted a bigger pack for moose hunting.I had been toying with the idea of replacing my leafy suit with a new one for a year.I will keep my old one for just turkey hunting,i went and ordered a new asat 3-d suit today,i owned one in the past and should have kept it.I will be taking both items with me to use in September this year..Grizz

Wish I could say I was but didn't draw in Idaho
    2012 Omen pro 80#
    2014 Full Throttle 60#

Find us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/ExtremeWesternAdventures
    TEAM CRAZY 8's

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeWestern View Post
    Wish I could say I was but didn't draw in Idaho
    that's too bad,hopefully you draw next fall..,i hope we draw a bull or cow tag.We will have 2 calf tags at the least and plan on taking a calf if we need too.I like moose meat,i would prefer a bull or cow but i am not going to turn down the first legal moose i have in range.....Grizz

I shot my 3 different fixed heads at 30-40 yards today and will be staying with steel force and wasp boss and selling the tricks.I prefer both over slick tricks and i found both grouped a little better at 40 yards.These steel force phat heads are really impressive,the Wasp boss and the Steel force Phat heads are far and away my 2 favorite fixed heads I've shot or owned...Grizz

I'll be taking the evo out in central Saskatchewan this year again. gold tip arrows lighted nocks and slick trick heads.
    PSE Militia
    PSE Evo skulls, pure 75 driven, gold tip xt 300's, 125 viper tricks
    Team 30-Crimson vanes

Quote Originally Posted by tretch View Post
    I'll be taking the evo out in central Saskatchewan this year again. gold tip arrows lighted nocks and slick trick heads.
    Good luck....Grizz

After not going to buy a new pack,i have purchased a timberhawk gut hook,alps pathfinder and just this morning i grabbed a timberhawk killshot.I have wanted the Kill shot for a year,it will be my moose hunting pack.I think i will give the Alps to my best buddy as a gift,he is just getting into hunting and i will use my gut hook as my turkey pack.I also picked up a bow press,been putting it off for a year after i sold my other one.It is small enough i can take it to camp and on trips with me.I am seriously debating shooting 100 gr Reaper 1 3/8 on the ends of one of my moose arrows out of one of my rigs.I will be sticking with phat heads and wasp boss as fixed heads but the more and more i search about reapers,i am 110% they would kill a bull moose as much as a fixed head would...After talking with other Canadians who have hunted and killed moose with a bow using mechanicals and/or reapers,i feel at ease if i choose to go that route...Grizz

I drew a Bull tag........Was not really expecting too...Grizz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCPY...lCUX3&index=25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RatUgAzdqs
    Last edited by GrizzlyMan1980; August 5th, 2014 at 12:09 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast