Archery Talk Forum banner

Who's heading Moose hunting this fall with an X-Force?

5K views 112 replies 20 participants last post by  MN_walker 
#1 ·
We are heading up moose hunting this fall and i am just wondering who is as well and what x-force they will be taking with them?...I am going for the vacation,to get away with my father,do some fishing,grouse hunting and hopefully get a chance at a bull in the rut....But most of all to spend some time with my dad and have fun...Grizz

#86 ·
I am 99% packed and ready for 4 months of hunting.I am taking the Revenge,Axe 6 and Vendetta with me as of now to camp this weekend,i can't fit a few others in as i have 2 buddies bows i have working on to bring..as for tuesday morning,i will flip a coin to see what bow i will be hunting with first...:)...Fall has arrived....Grizz

#87 ·
Flipped a quarter and it told me to take the Vendetta XL/DC to the stand early tuesday morning followed by the Revenge and then the Axe 6..:).....Grizz

#99 ·
Half way to north bay. Staying there tonight first time ever using a iPhone to post enjoying a large dark roast regular from timmies and some bocephus. Grizz

#101 ·
Welcome back and good luck grizz. I'm headed out for moose on Sat. Suppose to cool down on Sat which should be perfect timing for the rut over here.

#105 ·
Thanks been warm supposed to cool down Sunday we should hit rut I hope about 4 hours out from camp. BBQ hamburgers and a few crown and cokes tonight to relax. Start hunt in morning not sure how much longer I will have reception on iphone

#106 ·
Just getting gas we are in Hearst home of Claude giroux. Few hours and we are at camp I once went cross country from northern BCTo home took 3.5 days to drive this is like a grocery run real warm and sunny here today

#107 ·
Well I struck out with my moose hunt. No pse moose kill for me this year. Had a blast. Can't wait till next year already.

#110 ·
45 minutes from home heading to my best friends 30th birthday pig roast tomorrow night then heading away to camp for fall for deer hunt. What a great week a moose would have been a bonus. I am blessed with what I have. Grizz

#111 ·
So we arrived last Friday evening,got set up.Went out,scouted most of Saturday for some fresh sign and then found a spot where we found some sign.We hung 2 stands approx .5 mile apart along an old gravel road and thick bush with a marshy swampy area.We called Saturday evening till dark and then Sunday morning and Sunday evening.It got real nasty Sunday night and started snowing,we got approx 2 inches overnight.When we went back early Monday morning to the area we had fresh bull tracks right to where we had been calling,i had also heard a cow Sunday evening approx 6:45 pm about an hour before dark..That is about as exciting as the hunt for moose got,there was a ton of bird hunters running up and down the roads on there wheelies and we ran into approx 40 other "bow" hunters.It is all crown land and is a massive area and we had not hunted that area before.My father is an experienced moose hunter and myself a "newb",i hunted them a bit 15 years ago and once about 8 years ago..I took over 20 partridge and grouse throughout the week with the Omen and my father approx the same amount with his Axe 7.The bird hunting was a tad below average for the year from what we were told.The place we stayed was "alright" it was just a place to sleep and eat.I have worked and stayed at better and worse for sure,would i go back to the lodge or exact area?Hell no,but only because we found another lodge 20 minutes west that is a better area for how we want to hunt moose.We want to be off the roads in by the swamps.The area where we hunted was for "rifle" hunters in my opinion and was full of hunters on wheelies looking for moose and birds..not my style,but hey,it's crown land and everybody that we talked to was nice and easy going...All we heard was how the "Natives" were taking all the moose and game from Northern Ontario,and maybe they are...but we never ran into any of them and i will not pass judgement and blame anybody for not killing a moose...I had a great time and we pretty much new it would be a long shot to bring home a bull the first time in a new area.We will be going back to 19 next year about 20 minutes Northeast of Longlac,Ontario to a Lodge on the water so we can avoid the traffic.

We will draw a bull or cow archery tag again next year.We met a few good guys from New york,2 from Northern Wisconsin and some from Northern Ohio up there hunting.I enjoyed myself,i had a blast killing the birds with my bow,i shot all them with the Omen,i only took the Vendetta out one evening,i am not one for a lot of pictures but here are a few of me from my camera phone i took...Now,its good to be home and get ready for deer season...Cheers...Grizz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.