Thread: Finger flingers 3 under ?

Finger flingers 3 under ?

Or two under?
    Toying around with split vs. 3 under ......instinctive of course
    Any 3 under folks out there?

Been shooting three under forever(30 years), tried split and just cant. Doesn't feel right.
    damage, inc.

2 under with the compound and the trad bow

I shoot split, but don't have the index finger anymore so it looks like 2 under....
    Don.
    I shoot for...Gator Vanes....www.gatorvanes.com
    Deer Crossing Archery-Target Shafts-Specialty Archery-Timberdoodle ll-Bow String Depot
    I shoot these bows...Martin SepterV,Shadowcat
    I shoot bowhunter-not barebow..non-sights and fingers.

I tried split with trad for several years, with mediocre results. When I finally rejected the idea that three under was OK (in spite of trad police) my shooting went way up. With a compound, I draw three under, and drop the ring finger. I also shoot a thin cordovan tab, which is not far from bare fingers.

About 18 months ago, I made another change which has helped me a ton, as I also shoot and hunt instinctively. I guess I have a long face, because my point on has always been at about 65 yards. After watching an instructional DVD (cannot remember guys name), I got the idea to set up a permanent string walk. I have the normal nock sets above and beneath the arrow nock, but I set a third nock set about 1/2" below that. I hook the string under that. I raises the arrow up to the middle of the bridge of my nose. My accuracy has taken another leap up, and my point on is about 35 yards.

What I already knew was that for most people, the brain can repeat the sight picture much more consistently, if the arrow is closer to the aiming spot. On a three D deer, I can see the point of the arrow about knee high, and bust the lungs, at out to 22yds or so, with no adjustment. Out to thirty, the deer is going to drop anyway, so the pic is about the same. If he doesn't drop, the arrow should hit the heart.

I do not look at the point, but I do see it in my peripheral vision.

This may not be for everybody, but it has helped me a ton. Also, I have found I can still tune for a good bare shaft, which did surprise me. I thought it would reak havoc on my arrow flight. Not so. I have found this to be fine with the binarys and cam and half. Do not know about one cam.
    Most religions teach that you earn salvation by keeping rules. Jesus didn't teach that "good people" go to heaven. He taught that "forgiven people" go to heaven. And He invited everyone, no matter what their past, to come to Him and be forgiven.

Great stuff everyone, thanks for sharing !

I shot 2 under and 1 over for the last 4 years but I witched up earlier this year still shooting 2 under but I drop the index finger after I get the bow back to full draw. I seem to get a better release now.
    Extreme Archery, Gold Tip
    Specialty Archery, Bohning,
    Vendetta Archery, Dakota Archery

Quote Originally Posted by minnie3 View Post
    2 under with the compound and the trad bow
    like this
    NWSpinner,com
    Don't waste your time wrapping your servings by hand check out the NWSpinner!

Teach a kid archery, you'll be rewarded with a lifetime of smiles!

Quote Originally Posted by catkinson View Post
    Or two under?
    Toying around with split vs. 3 under ......instinctive of course
    Any 3 under folks out there?
    Shot split-three with a glove from about 12 years old on and on for decades, but last year switched up to a three under tab. Anchor and release are WAY better, but I'm having to relearn an instinctive sight picture. Everything hits low now.

Best of luck, which ever draw you chose.

I use to shoot 2 split fingered. Now I shoot 2 under

Have shot 3 under and split with compound and traditional gear. I prefer split but can hit decently with 3 under. Just go with what is most comfortable for you

Back when I was shooting, I always shot index finger over the arrow, middle and ring finger below.

3 under gets the arrow up at eye level , split is ok if you don't torque the arrow or decide to shoot with a sight
    hoyt pro comp elite xl
    naa -judge nfaa -ref level 3 nts coach
    DRAGON SILK STRING PRO STAFF = NO LIMITS ARCHERY PRO STAFF

Draw with one over two under then drop the top finger for a two under release.