Archery Talk Forum banner

Accessorizing the Sage

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Xicaque 
#1 ·
Or whatever other Samick bow anyway. Caution - noob questions follow.....

I've shot my 50# Sage for a while now and am comfy with it for the most part, so I am looking for what I need to set up the bow for hunting something more tasty than bag targets this fall.

Aside from the obvious brush buttons and string silencers, what is the general thought about elevated rests? On the surface they would seem to make arrow flight more consistent than shooting off of the rug.

Still kicking around what type of quiver I like. The bow-mounted quivers that I've used were just plain uncomfortable, although my rank noob-ness makes that claim fairly dubious.

What else would be "typical?" I have switched from a split grip to 3-under and am shooting much better that way, and wonder if I need to adjust my nocks - I'm sure that an elevated rest would require the same.

Or not.

#2 ·
Went to a flipper rest II on my 40# Sage. Very smooth, easy on feathers, very consistent launch. Cheap too! Wood
Renock after installing the rest, resting your square on the rest and use 3/16 to 1/2" above square. I shoot three under with this set-up and get very good results . My sage really responded well to tuning and went quiet at an 8" brace height.:)

#4 ·
I've been shooting my sage off the shelf with a bear hair rug and backing. Very fast to load and shoot. My arrows fly like darts, just use feathers no vanes. I have to agree with you on the bow quiver, I've never cared for them especially on a recurve, tolerable on a compound. I use a back quiver.
Beaver fur string silencers, calf hair for the string groove. Three finger split with a hair faced tab. Bare bow no sights.
This is what is working for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.