Thread: Her fist bow

Her fist bow

This is her first bow. She tried just about everything they make for women and loved the chill sdx. Got a decent set up QAD hunters rest, copper johns dead nuts 4 pin sight, axiom stab. She only pullimg back 33.5lbs now

Mathews did well to bring out the Chill X and SDX mid-year. How is the draw cycle on the SDX? With a 6" brace height it's probably now the fastest short draw bow on the market (330fps at 60# 29"). Tanslate that to IBO it is approx 345fps. Curious about the draw..

Its hard for me to judge being I pull 72# on my bow and hers is set at 33.5 but of all the bows she tried (all set at the same lbs) the sdx won, she said it was a toss up between the sdx and the jewell but the sdx was less "girly".

Its hard for me to judge being I pull 72# on my bow and hers is set at 33.5 but of all the bows she tried (all set at the same lbs) the sdx won, she said it was a toss up between the sdx and the jewell but the sdx was less "girly".

She getting better, was having her aim at the black dot

My wife narrowed it down to those two bows as well and chose the Jewel! Congrats on a killer bow!
    In Him,
    WaipioPastor

Great bow! Congrats to her!
    MINE: Hoyt Faktor30 Black out 27/50
    HIS: '13 Spyder 30 28.5/70

Congrats to her! Nice bow!
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Hoyt Carbon Spyder

I bought my wife the jewel last year my dad bought his girlfriend the sd last week they both pull great !

The draw on the SDX is smooth. Not just smooth for a dual cam, but smooth, period. If I didn't already have a Chill that I shoot well, the SDX would be my first pick. I did as the OP's wife did and shot nearly everything available before deciding on the Chill. Had I wanted a single cam, the Jewel probably would have been my first pick.

Very nice. My girlfriend has been eyeing the SDX.

Congrats .

Praesto et Persto

Nice bow!
    ~2011 Elite Hunter RT AP 25" DL, 52/53 lb, QAD HDX, CJ Mark I, Beman ICS Hunter 500s~
    ~2013 Elite Hunter Black Riser/Snow Camo Limbs 25.5" DL, 50lb-ish , VT Limbdriver Pro, Black Gold Widowmaker, GT Velocity XT 500s~
    ~Trails Cams: P32, P41, S40, SpyPoint IR5~

that is great!!! I just ordered my wife the exact bow and it should be here in a week. I cant wait to surprise her. what spine arrows is she shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by coonsmen View Post
    that is great!!! I just ordered my wife the exact bow and it should be here in a week. I cant wait to surprise her. what spine arrows is she shooting.

500 spine, 25 inch draw and we hit a milestone this weekend. Bow started out at 34 lbs and by slowly turning it up and a lot of practice she finally eclipsed the 40 lbs mark! 40.16lbs!