a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Whitetail hunting setup. need some help ladies

Whitetail hunting setup. need some help ladies

I am helping my wife get set up with her new Hoyt Charger 45# 26.5". she wants to use it this deer season. my question is basically with shooting low poundage what should i set her up with as far as arrows and broad heads. She may reach 50# by October and max the bow but i want her to be comfortable pulling the bow so i would just say 45#. anyway I've never set up low poundage rig and would like to hear from other woman bowhunters what works for you ladies?! thanks in advance
    Mine ~ '13 Hoyt Spyder Turbo Blackout ~ Hogg Father ~ TT Smackdown Pro ~ Carbon Blade ~ FMJ ~ Spot Hogg Wiseguy
    Wife's ~ '14 Hoyt Charger Vicxen Blackout ~ Fuse Helix ~ TT Smackdown Pro ~ TR Static ~ Gold Tip ~ Spot Hogg Wiseguy

So many different good ones to choose from... but I would recomend the Easton Axis nFused 500s and a good cut on contact 100 gr broadhead such as Magnus Stinger/Buzzcut or Slick Tricks.
    Congrats on her new bow! Have her post up some pics of the bow
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Hoyt Carbon Spyder

agree with Bow Up. a good 500 arrow with 100 gr COC broadhead and she should be golden! Good luck on the hunt!
    MINE: Hoyt Faktor30 Black out 27/50
    HIS: '13 Spyder 30 28.5/70

I use GT Ted Nugent 3555 (500) and used them when I had my Hoyt and it was 47# I use 100g G5 Strikers but I love Grim Reaper Hades too. I prefer a "bone breaker" tip, the G5 tip is almost sharp as it's blades.
    One of my hunting friends has killed many deer with Shuttle T-Locks. I used a Shuttle T-Lock for my first hog with my first bow and it flew through her ribs at 35#
    Shop with her and give her a choice of 100 grain tips, if she picks it she will feel the most confident in it.
    The Exodus are amazing broadheads too, I tested them and they fly like a field point and sliced through a coon shoulder and spine and kept going.
    Love my Martin Alien!
    huntfishrepeat.wordpress.com

we bought 3 gold tip 500's to try out. they are the "name the game hunter" Samantha Morgan pink splatter edition. they're working pretty well for her. and she is interested in the G5 pink montec.
    Mine ~ '13 Hoyt Spyder Turbo Blackout ~ Hogg Father ~ TT Smackdown Pro ~ Carbon Blade ~ FMJ ~ Spot Hogg Wiseguy
    Wife's ~ '14 Hoyt Charger Vicxen Blackout ~ Fuse Helix ~ TT Smackdown Pro ~ TR Static ~ Gold Tip ~ Spot Hogg Wiseguy

Quote Originally Posted by bowguy357 View Post
    we bought 3 gold tip 500's to try out. they are the "name the game hunter" Samantha Morgan pink splatter edition. they're working pretty well for her. and she is interested in the G5 pink montec.
    Montecs are excellent broadheads! If I wasn't so stuck on having a bone breaker tip they would be my choice but its just a mental/confidence thing for me.
    Love my Martin Alien!
    huntfishrepeat.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by bowguy357 View Post
    Sounds like she found a great set-up. Keep us posted during season if she gets to connect on something...
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Hoyt Carbon Spyder

Quote Originally Posted by bow up View Post
    So many different good ones to choose from... but I would recomend the Easton Axis nFused 500s and a good cut on contact 100 gr broadhead such as Magnus Stinger/Buzzcut or Slick Tricks.
    Congrats on her new bow! Have her post up some pics of the bow
    Ditto!

Praesto et Persto