Thread: Ever eat a woodchuck/Ground hog?

Ever eat a woodchuck/Ground hog?

I have a pesky woodchuck in my garden that I would like to consume. Have you ever eaten them, are they good, how do you cook them, or is it a waste of time? Please let me know what you think even if it doesn't seem that helpful. Thank you very much, and good hunting this fall!
    BBH
    If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.

no but I have drunk it as a cider

Full Throttle- 70lbs
    Bowtech RPM 360- 70lbs
    Mathews Safari- 85lbs
    Strother Moxie- 60lbs
    Bear Motive 6- 70lbs

I have never ate one but was told the younger ones are good.

Actually they are pretty good eatin'. Throw the meat in a crock pot and let it cook slow. You can add some BBQ sauce to it if you want, or just season with salt, pepper, onion, garlic, etc.
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo / Hoyt Spyder 34 / QAD Ultra HDX / Center Circle Bow Strings / Hogg-It Wrapped / Bee Stinger Stabilizer / Carter RX1 / Carter Too Simple / Tru Ball HT/ NAP Spitfire 100 gr. / Easton ACC 3-49 / Blazers / ASAT Camo / Jim Beam / Copenhagen / Ford Trucks
    **Don't Tread On Me**

use the young ones in a meat pie……..

We have problems with them diggin under the shed and puttin holes in the yard. Plus they annoy my chocolate lab like no other who wants to defend his yard so I do some redneck hunting and sit on the deck with some beer and a pellet gun and take them out every now and then...Never thought anyone ate them ever.