Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014-15 MD Success Thread

2014-15 MD Success Thread

Season is a couple months out, and before you know it it will be here. What are you doing through the summer to prep yourself for this year? Anyone got pics of that buck they saw last year, or even a newbie that you never saw before? New land to hunt, new equipment? Im gonna try and post up some trailcam pics if I can ever find the time to get out there and get the cards from them. Seems like every time I want to go and check it rains and storms like hell all day long.

Hoyt Spyder 30
    MBG Ambush Ascent
    Trophy Taker Xtreme FC
    Fuse Carbon Blade

I will be hunting Maryland this year! Joined a lease, looking forward to it. I will be putting out a trail cam very soon!

Good luck to you. A lot of people overlook MD, but there are some big deer taken every year. You on the shore or somewhere else?
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    MBG Ambush Ascent
    Trophy Taker Xtreme FC
    Fuse Carbon Blade

I will be hunting near Galeena, familiar with the area??

I know where it is but im not too familiar with it. im over by the patuxent river in calvert county. usually when i go to the shore its to hunt waterfowl. im sure that the area holds some potential though.
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    MBG Ambush Ascent
    Trophy Taker Xtreme FC
    Fuse Carbon Blade

I will be moving out to Maryland this summer and looking forward to getting in a tree stand again!

Quote Originally Posted by PSEhntr View Post
    I will be moving out to Maryland this summer and looking forward to getting in a tree stand again!
    Where you moving too??
    Elite Energy 35 80lbs and 28.5", Spot Hogg Hogg Father, QAD HDX, Doinker Unity, Scott Exxus, Gold Tip XT Hunter 300, Rage Hypodermics

pulled the card on one of my cams today and have a couple pics of a nice looking buck, but for some reason i cant post the pics. looks to be a good buck, has browtines and decent mass, already as wide as his ears. im gonna have to see if i can get these pics uploaded tomorrow when i go into work.
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    MBG Ambush Ascent
    Trophy Taker Xtreme FC
    Fuse Carbon Blade

potential.jpg
    RCX_0492.jpg

dont know why the pic turned out like this. date and time stamp are way off too...might need to recalobrate the camera.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    MBG Ambush Ascent
    Trophy Taker Xtreme FC
    Fuse Carbon Blade

Harford and Baltimore counties for me.
    You keep what you kill...it is the Necromonger way.

anybody seen the new deer regs yet?

break down is this (how i understand it anyways)...can shoot no more than 2 bucks with less than 4 total points that have to be at least 3" in length, and as many bucks of over than 4 points for the season (assuming that this means if you shoot a 4 pt. and 2 8 pts., you can either use your bonus antler stamp on another 4 pt. or less, or another buck over 4 pts).

I also need some understanding on this. If you shoot a buck in each weapon season and shoot your 2 does for your bonus stamp, do you get one stamp for the combined three seasons and shoot 4 total bucks, or do you get and additional stamp for each weapon season and get to shoot 6 total bucks? It has confused me ever since it was changed.
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    MBG Ambush Ascent
    Trophy Taker Xtreme FC
    Fuse Carbon Blade

Quote Originally Posted by DrenalinHntr View Post
    anybody seen the new deer regs yet?

break down is this (how i understand it anyways)...can shoot no more than 2 bucks with less than 4 total points that have to be at least 3" in length, and as many bucks of over than 4 points for the season (assuming that this means if you shoot a 4 pt. and 2 8 pts., you can either use your bonus antler stamp on another 4 pt. or less, or another buck over 4 pts).
    in each weapon season and shoot your 2 does for your bonus stamp, do you get one stamp for the combined three seasons and shoot 4 total bucks, or do you get and additional stamp for each weapon season and get to shoot 6 total bucks? It has confused me ever since it was changed.
    Not sure, but you have given me something to research
    You keep what you kill...it is the Necromonger way.

4 Bucks Total. Used to be 6. I like the addition of the point restrictions.
    Blacked Out- Mathews Monster MR6-VT LimbDriver Pro rest-Copper John Single Pin Sight
    Skulz Camo-Mathews Monster 6-VT LimbDriver Pro rest-Trophy Ridge Single Pin Sight
    Camo-Mathews Ultra Max - Trap Door rest-Trophy Ridge sight
    Easton Epics and Flatlines

I'll be back this year. In Prince George's as usual. I'm late to the show as far as putting cameras and salt blocks out, I should have that finished this week. Other than that I'm looking to purchase a new bow this summer (looking for a Bowtech Assassin) and I'll hopefully be getting into some good fishing before the deer take over my life again. I've been busy doing campaign stuff for some local politicians, but that will be wrapping up next week (go vote on Tuesday!) and I'll be back outside..thank god.

I'll probably post some trail cam pics as they come, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's progress this summer. Good luck fellas
    University of Maryland
    Go Terps

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterPensFan View Post
    4 Bucks Total. Used to be 6. I like the addition of the point restrictions.
    thats what i figured. was told by someone that it was a buck per weapon and then an additional stamp per weapon, and it had me confused. 3 bucks with an additional stamp to use in any weapon season.
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    MBG Ambush Ascent
    Trophy Taker Xtreme FC
    Fuse Carbon Blade

thought last year was 2 buck max not sure though only shot 2 does last year

tenpoint gtcurve. pse baby g

no it was changed. it used to be that you could take a max of 6 bucks in region b and then a max of 3 bucks in region a, for a total of 9. now there is a statewide buck bag limit and each hunter is allowed one buck per weapon season, with the addition of an extra buck stamp to use in any of the 3 seasons. this year they put an antler restriction in place that states no more than 2 bucks can be taken that are less than two points on one side. the other two bucks have to be 3 or more points on a side.
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    MBG Ambush Ascent
    Trophy Taker Xtreme FC
    Fuse Carbon Blade

Quote Originally Posted by DrenalinHntr View Post
    no it was changed. it used to be that you could take a max of 6 bucks in region b and then a max of 3 bucks in region a, for a total of 9. now there is a statewide buck bag limit and each hunter is allowed one buck per weapon season, with the addition of an extra buck stamp to use in any of the 3 seasons. this year they put an antler restriction in place that states no more than 2 bucks can be taken that are less than two points on one side. the other two bucks have to be 3 or more points on a side.
    This is correct. Certainly made some changes that are not the easiest to comprehend!!!
    Hopefully I can add some pics to the thread of buck kills this fall. I quit using trail cams last year so I won't have any pics before the season starts. Btw, I hunt in Harford and Baltimore counties.
    14 FAKTOR 34 - 12 ALPHA ELITE - 11 ALPHABURNER -
    04 FRANKEN-TEC

i picked up a moultrie 990i from the cabelas in delaware and when i checked it there were only 2 pics on the card from a months worth of time in the woods, and the batteries were drained to almost dead. hope the second time isnt like that or it will be sent back.
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    MBG Ambush Ascent
    Trophy Taker Xtreme FC
    Fuse Carbon Blade

Been hunting Md for 27 years Balt. Harford and Cecil counties. They need to drastically let up on the doe harvest. I have 8 weeks of vaction all spent hunting. Public land has been all but wiped out of deer. Its a shame it use to be sutch a nice place to hunt.
    2013 Bear Motive Shadow 52 lb Revolution rest, MBG Ascent sight
    2013 Bear Motive Camo 54 lb Trophy Ridge Alpha V3 sight and Revolution rest
    2014 Excalibur Matrix 330 with TruGlo Scope that I won as a door prize

Me and the wife took a ride down to my lease lastnight to glass some fields and enjoy a nice sunset.I saw plenty of deer and plenty of nice buck! I should have brought my camera! I was shocked at how big the bucks were already. How much growing do you think they have left? I'm pumped now!!

Iv got done cameras out only checked one so far. Had a bunch of does and small bucks. One big body buck but can't see rack Very well the several times he went by it.

Hunting Frederick moco and pg
    Prodigy Outdoor Productions
    Chasing Maryland Monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Huntin Hard View Post
    Where you moving too??
    We will be living in PG county in Upper Marlboro down near Croom.

Bear hunting in Maine with hounds, great hunt lots of bears. Very exciting and close up and personal with the bears. Then back home for deer season.

Sorry just realized this was for you MD guys,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast