Thread: First check of the Moultrie M1100i

First check of the Moultrie M1100i

Picked up a new M1100i a few weeks back. So far this camera looks good. Very similar set up to the M990i.

Transition pic

Is your M-990i a 2013 or 2014 Year Model? Is the Set Up & Programming the same or is it different? Talk is that the 2013 is very different as to setting up and programs from the 2014 M-990i. Sounds like yours might have both a 2014 M-990i and a M-1100i. Others that have the 2013 M-990i and bought a 2014 M-990i compared them and the 2013 is far better as to distance it can sense to, light that is provided at night with pictures or videos, the 2014 does not seem to go the distance it can sense something in the PIR and the LED seems to be very bright and can get white out pictures and pictures are grainy. Also some have had issues when they open the camera the battery tray pops out and hits the ground and the set up programming is very different than the 2013 model. Some have a couple of the 2013 and thought buying 2014 would be as good as the 2013 they have and they had some issues getting the camera set up and programmed because they were accustom to the 2013 and said they needed to carry the user manual afield to get it set up right because the 2014 is very different.

I was hoping the M-1100i was just a higher pixel count camera but was the same as the 2013 M-990i I have and like a lot but so far the reports on the M-990i and now the M-1100i say Moultrie has taken a step backwards with these changes and poorer performance of the 2014 models as compared to the 2013 models I have 2 of the M-990i and 1 M-880 and so far they have worked well especially for video for me...

The M-1100i is too new to know how well they are maybe late August when more have them and tested them to see how they compare to what Moultrie had in 2013... Time will tell!!!

LFM

Any night pics?

To The Top for Info

LFM

Quote Originally Posted by LFM View Post
    To The Top for Info

LFM
    I've got a m990i 2013? I think, it does really well at night....the range for the pir sensor and ir "flash" are great....but during the day it triggers a set of pics every 5 mins. Starting at around 11 am until dark......it is still easy on batteries, but I got the power panel anyway.....the worst thing is the pics are filling the card and take forever to browse thru

Any suggestions...it may be grass waving in front but it's done this in several locales
    Why stand out in a crowd? When you can be somewhere else...

You must respect yourself, before I can respect you...

Hello, I'm new to using a trail cam and we just bought this one (1100i). I'm really confused as to what the best settings are. Hope you can please give me some advice. Thanks.