a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bow Press plans and instructions you can download

think I am gonna build one starting tomarrow looks pretty easy.

press

I would like to build a x-press knockoff!Any plans or ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxer
    I would like to build a x-press knockoff!Any plans or ideas?
    I second that lol

Anyone know where they sell the side crank jack that is found on the Apple presses??

You can buy it directly from apple.

anyone have prints for the x-press?

The x-press is what I would like. My dad recently got a crossbow and I would like to be able to both crossbows and regular bows.

If someone could provide me the information, I would be more than happy to draw up some plans for them. That is what I do, sit in front of a computer and draw pictures with a CAD system.

bow press plans

im interested in the a bow press like the one ruthunt has posted does anyone have any plans for this type of press ?
    Ross CR337
    spot hogg hogg it, Trophy Taker, Easton Redline 460
    , cartel shock eater stab, Rockey Mountain Snypers, Wac-em Tritions, Blazer Vanes, , Super Peep

E & J archery New Englands best HCA dealer

thanx for the great plans!

just one question, a few actually. where can i get the rollers?? are those the same rollers found in boat trailers?? and, what material are you using?? is it PTR, and, what wall thickness and diameter??

thanx!
    I got a bow for my girlfriend... best deal ever!!

I ordered two 5” boat rollers (yes, same kind as used on boat trailers) and two roller shaft pals (to secure the roller to the front side of the roller arm) from http://shop.easternmarine.com.

The rollers were $3.75 each and the pals were $0.55 each. Shipping was $7.84. I used 5” boat rollers instead of 4” (which come on some Apple presses) as my buddy down the street has a split-limb bow and the 4” rollers would not fit his limbs. They were a little too snug on my old PSE bow as well. The 5” should be able to accommodate all bows.
    2011 Destroyer 340; QAD Ultra Pro HD; Axcel 7 pin; Beman ICS Hunter; Slick Trick, & Spitfire Gobbler Getter broadheads; Scott Wolf release.

Wear a safety harness and use a Summit Climbing System: I hook up - for me and my family!!

Smile

Looks like a great winter project thanks! I have a new Switchback and would like to use it to work on that

Bow Press Plans

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsulikowski
    im interested in the a bow press like the one ruthunt has posted does anyone have any plans for this type of press ?
    Same here. I tried sending PM to ruthunt for plans but that didn't work so sent message to AT to see if they could contact ruthunt to get some communication going but no luck there either. Any further ideas?

looking for ruthunt

i've posted in general archery and bowhunting forums asking for info on ruthunt so far no luck. did have response from goldtip2005, says he built one just like it and will take some measurements and get them to me. when i get them i will post for all interested. i am in the process of building an apple emodel style but i like the xpress better.
    james

Quote Originally Posted by 1miss
    i've posted in general archery and bowhunting forums asking for info on ruthunt so far no luck. did have response from goldtip2005, says he built one just like it and will take some measurements and get them to me. when i get them i will post for all interested. i am in the process of building an apple emodel style but i like the xpress better.
    james

Any luck

xpress

Quote Originally Posted by 1miss
    james
    Will be patiently? waiting. Thanks.

I can't wait to start on the x-press.

X-press plans

I am curious, could the posting or selling of the plans be a patent infringment or cause some kind of lawsuit?
    It is better to be silent and considered a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Midlife Crisis
    Here is a link to plans I wrote up for a homemade bow press. It has a bill of materials, costs, sites to get parts, instructions, blueprints (sort of), and pictures of parts and the completed press. It also has pointers for things you need to think about before undertaking this project. The file is 13 pages in a pdf form (1.5 Meg) that you can download. You can bolt the press together as I did, or weld some joints as another press builder did. I tried to cover all the bases as I wrote it up. I hope this can save a bunch of people a bunch of money and help us better tune the bows we use.

http://www.theoxfordgroup.com/bow-press.pdf

A BIG thanks to Ox for hosting these plans on his server space.

If I'd known I was going to write this up I would have taken photos during the fabrication process. Unfortunately I did not think that far in advance. If you build one using these plans please pm me with any suggestions on how to improve the plans for future users.

Will this press work on Hoyts.
    Bowtech Commander
    Hoyt Dynatech
    Martin Phantom
    PSE Percision Edge

Quote Originally Posted by MKD
    Will this press work on Hoyts.
    I don't see any reason why it would not. But be sure (as mentioned in the plans) to check with the tech support folks at Hoyt on the correct pressure points for the inner and outer rollers - then adjust the length of the main beam and the spacing of the drill holes for the inner and outer roller arms to match the specs for your bow. Note: also, with the Hoyt's split limbs I feel almost certain you will want to get the 5" rollers (as I recommend in the plans) instead of the 4" rollers. Also, be sure to check with Hoyt on backing off limb bolts a certain number of turns before pressing (I need to do this 7 full turns with my Mathews, but I am not certain about other brands).
    2011 Destroyer 340; QAD Ultra Pro HD; Axcel 7 pin; Beman ICS Hunter; Slick Trick, & Spitfire Gobbler Getter broadheads; Scott Wolf release.

Wear a safety harness and use a Summit Climbing System: I hook up - for me and my family!!

bow press

Something I made in my spare time. I did make a new crossbar that is longer to go all the way to the outside of the limb pockets. Works great, I might have about fifty bucks stuck in it and everything was new.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmcman; February 13th, 2006 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midlife Crisis
    I don't see any reason why it would not. But be sure (as mentioned in the plans) to check with the tech support folks at Hoyt on the correct pressure points for the inner and outer rollers - then adjust the length of the main beam and the spacing of the drill holes for the inner and outer roller arms to match the specs for your bow. Note: also, with the Hoyt's split limbs I feel almost certain you will want to get the 5" rollers (as I recommend in the plans) instead of the 4" rollers. Also, be sure to check with Hoyt on backing off limb bolts a certain number of turns before pressing (I need to do this 7 full turns with my Mathews, but I am not certain about other brands).

Thanks I will do just that
    Bowtech Commander
    Hoyt Dynatech
    Martin Phantom
    PSE Percision Edge

Quote Originally Posted by gmcman
    Something I made in my spare time. I did make a new crossbar that is longer to go all the way to the outside of the limb pockets. Works great, I might have about fifty bucks stuck in it and everything was new.
    Do you have plans for this press or did you just wing it? Will it work on switchback and trikon?

I built a press like the plans just last night. I welded the legs together. The entire project only took me about 1 1/2 hours. I own a fab shop and it was pretty easy for me to do. I used all scrap material and only had to buy a jack and boat rollers.

Turned out pretty sweet and presses my new Swithback XT good.
    Derek Craig
    "It's a New Day in the Outdoors"
    Magnus Broadheads

here is the bow press i built at work,it works great,i guess it pays off to be a welder and have a machine shop where you work

one with out bow

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast