a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bow Press plans and instructions you can download

We have the same press at our club and I'll tell you it really isnt that good. I use it only in emergencies and It will never see my Target bow but good nuf for the deer slayer

Thompson Performance Strings
    Copper John ANTS / CR Apex
    Trophy Taker / CX / TPE Dots

Question

Question.

Do these cable/jack type press have stroke enough to remove all tension from the limbs?

I can see where they would be great for changing strings, but do they allow for limb changes?

Thank you, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bellows1
    Question.

Do these cable/jack type press have stroke enough to remove all tension from the limbs?
    I can see where they would be great for changing strings, but do they allow for limb changes?
    Thank you, Bill
    Good question - sorry I don't know - I've never tried. But my guess is not - I've found that the fit of the bow into the press is pretty snug in order to get enough leverage to press the limbs so the string and/or cable can be removed. The press might need to spread further apart than it is capable of doing in order to replace the limbs. Anyone else?
    2011 Destroyer 340; QAD Ultra Pro HD; Axcel 7 pin; Beman ICS Hunter; Slick Trick, & Spitfire Gobbler Getter broadheads; Scott Wolf release.

Wear a safety harness and use a Summit Climbing System: I hook up - for me and my family!!

Here is my press. Works well on my Hoyt, Martin, and an old PSE
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bowtech Commander
    Hoyt Dynatech
    Martin Phantom
    PSE Percision Edge

Question.

Thank you, Bill
    The Frankenpress does, I remove limbs regularly during the annual maintenance of all my bows.

bow presses

it looks like you all did good job on the home made presses

Has anybody tried this press design on a PSE Mach X?

I haven't previously posted over here, but I used some of the posts and pictures on this thread when building my press and I thought I would return the favor. I built the press and vise last year and just finished the arrow saw last week.

The press is a copy of the X-Press. The cable assembly under the bottom keeps the press arms an equal distance from the center.

I built the vow vise as a copy of the Apple Infinity.

I just finished this arrow saw last week. It has the same 8000RPM motor that is used on Apples high end saw. I also ended up having to order the arbor from Apple in order to eliminate vibration. It uses a bearing in the nock end that allows the arrow to be turned while cutting for a more square cut. This arrangement also allows the measurement to be taken from the same point on the scale regardless if there is a nock installed or not. There is also an attachment to hook a shop vac up to collect the dust from the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by eugene1e® View Post
    Any luck
    just wondering if anyone has got the plans for the x-press?
    I shoot a drenalin and love it

Here's A photo of a press that I purcased on E-Bay. It works with just about any style bow whether it's conventional or paralell limb design. Very adjustable. It's called the "Omni Bow Press" and it's $155.00 shipped It won't work with my baby though... (The Liberty 1). I had to build my own press for that one. Works fine with my Switchback XT however.

Yeah Ruthunt...I'd like to see some plans for your press also...

Found "X-Press" Plans

I did a little searching and found this site. I think I'm going to try to build one this weekend, I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

http://www.freewebs.com/cougarjim/ho...dproxpress.htm

Here is how my X PRESS turned out

Last edited by Bellows1; February 10th, 2008 at 10:39 PM.
    Archery wont make you rich but is enriching to everybody

great thread, back to the top

i am a genious, i found this thread by searching and didn't realize it was a sticky.....

Got the plans. Now to find someone who can drill and weld. The hard part is over!

Quote Originally Posted by ArcheryBowdocto View Post
    I still like mine!
    Hiya bowdoctor,
    Joe here..well met! Saw you picture of you table bow press horizontal and loved it! Looks fantastic. Do you have any other pics of it? Would love to build one. Read that you have built several. Would be so happy if I could get any further info on the fantastic set up! My email address is jdmiii@satx.rr.com . I did look up your webpage and when I got there..it wanted to send me somewhere else..not sure what is going on with that. So I figured I would send you a message. Again, thanks for any help you could give me! Joe ..aka Robin Da Hood!

Quote Originally Posted by Midlife Crisis View Post
    PLEASE DOWNLOAD BOWPRESS PLANS HERE.
    http://s9.quicksharing.com/v/3990262...Plans.pdf.html

It has a bill of materials, costs, sites to get parts, instructions, blueprints (sort of), and pictures of parts and the completed press. It also has pointers for things you need to think about before undertaking this project. The file is 13 pages in a pdf form (1.5 Meg) that you can download. You can bolt the press together as I did, or weld some joints as another press builder did. I tried to cover all the bases as I wrote it up. I hope this can save a bunch of people a bunch of money and help us better tune the bows we use.

If I'd known I was going to write this up I would have taken photos during the fabrication process. Unfortunately I did not think that far in advance. If you build one using these plans please pm me with any suggestions on how to improve the plans for future users.
    How are you guys downloading that? I can't view it.

I am interested in building one of these, but the file is no longer available to download. Does anyone know where I can find instructions. Thanks.

Arrow New site for plans

Sorry -- I've tried several times to get a mod to fix the link in this thread and will keep trying. I don't know why the host service deleted the file, but I found a new place to hold it:

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/3ve...Plans.pdf.html

If an advertisement appears, click on “skip ad” to get to the page you really want to see.

Scroll down to where you see “download file” (just a bit past “download link”)
    Click on “download file” and pick a target directory for the download – it is about 1.5 meg.
    2011 Destroyer 340; QAD Ultra Pro HD; Axcel 7 pin; Beman ICS Hunter; Slick Trick, & Spitfire Gobbler Getter broadheads; Scott Wolf release.

Wear a safety harness and use a Summit Climbing System: I hook up - for me and my family!!

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi,

I'm going to try something a little different from the plans and thought I'd share it.

Instead of using a black pipe 3/4" cap, I'm going to use a 3/4" to 1/2" reducer, drilled through the reduced portion to accept the 1/8" coated cable.

It will be a slip fit over the bottle jack so it can be held in place, or temporarily removed, as the jack is adjusted prior to pressing.
    Robert

Mathews Switchback XT
    Bear Archery Truth 2

Finished it tonight!

Here's the completed press and it's maiden pressing of the XT. Man this thing works great!

Midlife Crisis, I can't thank you enough buddy!

On the reducer, I used a Dremel tool to remove 3/8" of the bottom threads which also formed a nice ledge for it to sit on top of the jack. It worked out really well.
    Robert

Mathews Switchback XT
    Bear Archery Truth 2

Here's mine.

Pacific Northwest not near Ozarks any more
    The initial link to PLans is not working
    Last edited by OzarkConceptBOW; October 15th, 2007 at 05:04 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast