Thread: Martin Bows and Saunders Hyper Glide

Martin Bows and Saunders Hyper Glide

I have a Saunders Hyper Glide on my Elite 35 and really like it. I did need to adjust the cable rod (the E35 has a bent rod) slightly since the Saunders was pulling the cables closer to the rod (compared to the original slide).

I've read a few threads that say the additional pulling on the cables (between the Saunders and a straight cable rod) could cause cam lean.

I just ordered a Saunders for my Pantera and wanted to see who here might be using one. If so, have you had any issues with the Saunders and a straight cable guide?

Thanks.

My bro has one on his and I just got one for my onza and I like it works great
    2013 Onza XT w Barnesdale limbs
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc Pro Nitro 2 Cams
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter w/ Nitro 2 Cams
    2006 Martin Cougar Se Dyna Cams
    Love bows and everthing bout bowhunting!!

First thing that goes on any bow I pick up with a rod/slide
    2014 Martin Lithium :: 2007 Martin Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-Down
    REAL AVID Field Staff :: Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Thanks for your responses and I agree, the Saunders is a great addition to any bow.

So no concerns with the straight cable rod / Saunders creating too much tension on the cables?

are these slides really that much better than a normal slide?
    Smarten up and Martin up

YES, YES, YES. the fifteen bucks you spend gets you better clearance for hi-profile vanes and seems to add about 5fps with my cougar and onza 3

Quote Originally Posted by AJR576 View Post
    I have a Saunders Hyper Glide on my Elite 35 and really like it. I did need to adjust the cable rod (the E35 has a bent rod) slightly since the Saunders was pulling the cables closer to the rod (compared to the original slide).

I've read a few threads that say the additional pulling on the cables (between the Saunders and a straight cable rod) could cause cam lean.

I just ordered a Saunders for my Pantera and wanted to see who here might be using one. If so, have you had any issues with the Saunders and a straight cable guide?

Thanks.
    Definately recommend hyper glide and yes you should check cam lean, at full draw, and center shot after installing. Remember, if you change one little thing with your bow setup, it will change other little things.

have them on both my onza 3 and saber. very nice.
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPX
    2012 Martin Onza 3
    2011 Martin Saber

If I switch from the roller guard to this system will the draw weight stay the same? From what I understand I would loose draw weight if I dumped the roller guard and went to a rod.
    Living like Christ is impossible for Man,
    Living as a Disciple,,, I can do that

you will loose seven pounds on average with the conversion.
    Owner Prairie archery
    Grangeville, Idaho

all my cable slides bows have them, as for the CCS works to good for me on my Alien and Alien x to convert plus I like the extra pounds, I like watching ppl who want to shoot my bow and can't pull it back HA HA.