Thread: Clubs in MA?

Clubs in MA?

Just picked up a couple take down re-curve bows for my son and I. He got interested from working on the archery merit badge in scouts. Thought it could be somthing we could get into together. Interest is in target shooting. We are in Upton MA.

Anyway I'm now looking for local clubs and ranges so we can have a place to practice and probably get some instruction/coaching.

I have not had much luck getting any real info. Found a list of clubs in MA on Archery 360 http://www.archery360.com/archery-in...massachusetts/

Tried contacting Blackstone bowmansclub - got one email backbut raidiio silence since then. I'm asking how do we join and what are the range hours. Seems like they are not interested in getting new members. Sent an email to the contact listed for X-slingers in Northboro no word back.....

So any recommendations for clubs in MA that have ranges and coaching/lessons if you are interested???

Archery 360 also lists coaches in MA, so I'm thinking of emailing and calling those in towns close by to try to get info (Westborough and Hopkinton).

Not sure how active the state forums are but figured this was the appropriate place to ask about local clubs.

Thanks
    Paul

Welcome to the forum! I'm not too familiar with clubs in your area of MA but I did go to a tournament out at acearchers in foxboro early this year and it seemed like a nice place and they had coaches on hand. I just checked their website and it seems like they have quite a few classes going on and a "coach directed class" that seems reasonable. acearchers.com Good luck and have fun!
    PSE MILITIA, Hunting/3D- Darton DS-3814 & PSE Drive
    Indoor/field Darton DS-4514 & PSE Supra HP

Dan

North Brookfield, Massachusetts, United States
    I think Riverside in Hudson MA might be close to you?

You can go to http://www.mfaa-archery.org (Mass Field Archery Assoc.)

This will tell you the Clubs that participate in the NFAA (National Field Archery Assoc.) There is also links to other organizations like SAAM (State Archery Assoc. of MA) etc. that offer JOAD programs.

-pat
    ============================== ===================
    Hoyt Alpha Elite, 60X Custom Strings, Shibuya CPX 520
    Specialty Scope, Gold Tip Ultra Pro, B Stinger stab.
    AAE Pro Blade rest

PaulME: We have a couple clubs out near me that I'm a member of. One in particular that does lessons, and we have a 14 lane indoor range. My guess is it would be a 40 min ride for you though. If you want more details, let me know and I'll help out.

Honestly, what I thought you and your son would like is a 3D shoot. That's how I got started. Their is one every single Sunday for the most part. This week is in Auburn, and it wouldn't be that far from you. It's 5 min right off the pike, or you can take rt. 20 all the way.

I take my son on Sundays, with some other friends and we have a blast. $10 for you, and depending on how old your boy is, he's probably free. 30 targets, and a great morning in the woods. Something to consider.

-Joe
    Bowtech Fuel 64# 28inch DL 273FPS
    Victory VFORCE 350 @ 374gr.
    HHA 5519
    TRU-BALL Short & Sweet Release
    Set for Hunting and 3D

Quote Originally Posted by pat13b View Post
    I think Riverside in Hudson MA might be close to you?

You can go to http://www.mfaa-archery.org (Mass Field Archery Assoc.)

This will tell you the Clubs that participate in the NFAA (National Field Archery Assoc.) There is also links to other organizations like SAAM (State Archery Assoc. of MA) etc. that offer JOAD programs.

-pat
    Our club, Baypath Archers are currently working on getting all our Field stuff in order this summer/fall Just another awesome element of archery. Who doesn't like shooting at 80 Yards?!?!
    Bowtech Fuel 64# 28inch DL 273FPS
    Victory VFORCE 350 @ 374gr.
    HHA 5519
    TRU-BALL Short & Sweet Release
    Set for Hunting and 3D

How about the Marlboro Fish and Game, we are about 20 minuets away.
    My wife beat cancer