Archery Talk Forum banner

crossbow choices for my son

2K views 39 replies 22 participants last post by  Virginian 
#1 ·
My first post here. My son is 6 and I'm considering a crossbow for him for deer hunting. We went to a shop this weekend and he shot a Parker Challenger. I've been seeing mixed reviews on them and am wanting some more choices.

#39 ·
I gave my son the crossbow today for his birthday. Once I got it sighted in got at 15 yds. I let him shoot, his first two arrows touched, I mean no space in between. So I immediately moved it out to 25 yds. before we tore up some arrows. Our youth day here is in two months so we got plenty of time to practice.

#40 ·
Lee,

Glad to have you on here and welcome to Crossbowtalk! I'm also glad to see a fellow Virginian teaching our youth hunting, they are indeed our future! In your spare time call David at http://www.wyverncreations.com/ 603-659-0575. He will give you very sound advise on what would be appropriate for your son. He will take the time to answer your questions in detail as well.

The guys have you pointed in the right direction above as well. Some good advise here.

Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.