a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok absolute for hunting!!

So thought I'd update. Our early moose season is getting real close so time to concentrate on bow set up. This will be my final setup. Dst38 turquose
    Easton axis 400
    Grim reaper expandable. Broadheads
    Spot hog job it sight
    Tuner rest
    And after much consideration. And research I decided to test out a carbo fast x tinct stabilizer.

I'll post some pics as soon as it's all set up

Stop by on Facebook. ..

"OK Archery and all things related"

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/749275291825383/

Thought I'd update my thread. Well it's funny how life gets in the way of archery. I haven't got the chance to set up the final components but did set it up for our early moose season which started today...

You lucky guy. Last week Sept. For archery moose here in Sask. But I do get to go elk hunting August 20th.too bad my OK bow not here yet.
    Ok archery.dst36. Xpedition xcentric.

Good luck on your hunt. Let us know how you like the xtinct stab.
    Ok archery.dst36. Xpedition xcentric.

Quote Originally Posted by saskhic View Post
    Good luck on your hunt. Let us know how you like the xtinct stab.
    Sucks about the bow not being here yet. I will keep updating as the season goes. Our early moose is almost over and I have not got out too much. We have some flooding going on and I can't get to my favorite area. I head out to help on a sheep hunt(non bow) at the end of the month and then off to the arctic to help with three archery moose/caribou hunts. I will post lots of pics.

So finally getting a chance to sit down after a long season and getting caught up in work.. Good news it was an amazing time being out in the bush less then good news is we are eating tag soup.. It was some of the toughest moose hunting Ive done in a long time.. We were in the arctic and the average daytime high should be about 40 degrees and our actual temps were 67 degrees.. Nothing shuts down hunting moose like heat.. Moose were more nocturnal then normal. Our best bet was to catch them early and late and try to find them in the dense spruce.. We had several close calls and tried to get some bulls to grunt back at up but they refused to make so much as a peep.. Very frustrating.. I did have the pleasure of making a great calculated stalk on a caribou that should of never been close that we mised out on by mere secods.. We beat it to a draw but it got there just before us. We were close enought to hear the clicking.. Thats hunting..

My absolute was a dream to carry on the tundra.. The light weight shined on the mile long stalks.. The major concern of most about broadheads and the shoot thru cables were not even an issue.. I was able to nock an arrow under pressure from the front like I ve been doing it for years.. Heres a few highlights... including a massive bull moose that came out a few miles away the we chased into the timber but could not find..

the snow pics are what it should look like but those were taken hugh up in the north side of the range

Thanks for sharing!

Awesome pics!

thanks fellows, it sure was fun and although no harvest I did(well maybe the bow ) look damn good out there carrying my absolute

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12