Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advocare

Advocare

Just curious if anyone on here has used advocare? ive always contemplated it, but never pulled the trigger. Who has used it and liked it? Not meant for bashing, just curious.
    MR7, Boss Hogg, Tru Ball, Dead Center Archery
    Scheels Archery Team

Quote Originally Posted by BirdDawg350 View Post
    Just curious if anyone on here has used advocare? ive always contemplated it, but never pulled the trigger. Who has used it and liked it? Not meant for bashing, just curious.
    I haven't and wont for 2 reasons.

1. 99% of the time if it's legal - it doesn't work. Which is exactly the case here. Use real drugs or diet, but pick one because supplements don't work.
    2. It's a MLM company - I don't support pyramid schemes.

Supplements are made to get what you cant from just food. Sometimes its hard to eat everything you need and easier to just make shake/drink or take a pill. I havent used that brand but im sure its ok. Just read what in it to be sure. I just dont think its cheap

Just saw this post and yes I use Advocare products and have results. A friend of mine got started on products when he was training for an Iron Man and needless to say they made a significant difference in his training results. Most people paint the company as a typical pyramid scheme and fortunately it isn't that way. You dont know what you dont know i guess. I was the highest skeptic as well and now i am a believer.

"Pyramid schemes" are illegal. As far as the business side goes anyone can get higher than anyone else at any time with this company. I work for a hair salon and never in my life will I ever make more than the CEO of this franchise. I am a distributor for advocare. I only became a distributor initially for the discount. My family has bad history of diabetes and heart disease. I tried to get things rite for me on my own and failed. My blood sugar was uncontrollable and I wound up in the hospital because of my kidneys and gall bladder. My cousin came to me and asked me to give advocare a shot. So I figured....it can't get any worse so why not. I lot 14lbs and 17 inches. The coaching helped me get in a better eating habit. I kicked a 120 oz. Mt dead diction and quit smoking. The friends I've made through this cheer me on daily. There is nothing like it. So I highly recommend trying it. And if you want nothing to do with the business it's ok. We aren't about pressured salseyness. We are about helping people feel better.

*mt. Dew addiction. Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by advogirl4914 View Post
    "Pyramid schemes" are illegal. As far as the business side goes anyone can get higher than anyone else at any time with this company. I work for a hair salon and never in my life will I ever make more than the CEO of this franchise. I am a distributor for advocare. I only became a distributor initially for the discount. My family has bad history of diabetes and heart disease. I tried to get things rite for me on my own and failed. My blood sugar was uncontrollable and I wound up in the hospital because of my kidneys and gall bladder. My cousin came to me and asked me to give advocare a shot. So I figured....it can't get any worse so why not. I lot 14lbs and 17 inches. The coaching helped me get in a better eating habit. I kicked a 120 oz. Mt dead diction and quit smoking. The friends I've made through this cheer me on daily. There is nothing like it. So I highly recommend trying it. And if you want nothing to do with the business it's ok. We aren't about pressured salseyness. We are about helping people feel better.
    No offense, but Advocare may not be a pyramid scheme by definition, but it sure feels like one. I don't think advocare helped with you diabetes; Kicking your Mountain Dew habit did.

120oz of Mountain Dew a day is nuts.

Theres 46.5 grams of high fructose corn syrup in a 12 oz. can of Mountain Dew (yes there is a difference between HFCS and real sugar).

You were drinking 120 oz. a day. That's ten cans.

Thats 465 grams of HFCS a day.

1 pound is 453.592 grams.

You were consuming over a pound of HFCS a day.

Conversely, one 20 oz bottle of Mountain Dew has 290 Calories.

You drank 120 oz of Mountain Dew a day.

That's essentially six, 20 oz bottles.

You drank 1740 calories in nutrition-less water laced with chemicals and HFCS a day.

Once agian, no offense, but no wonder you had a sugar problem.
    Current Units:
    2013 Blue PSE Phenom, 27.5", 58#, 12" Doinker D.I.S.H., Doinker 12 Fatty side rod, some dovetail micro adjust sight (BHFS setup)
    2012 Hoyt Carbon Matrix RKT, 27.5", 64#, 12" Doinker D.I.S.H., Truglo Micro Brite sight w/detachable bracket

I absolutely agree. Same with my kidneys. But I hated water and couldn't find anything I liked. I love spark. It has vitamins I need and is mixed with water. And once I did a cleanse and got all the bad out and forced myself to consume the water I was supposed to I actually enjoy water now. So those are 90% of what I drink. 1 maybe 2 sparks a day and the rest is water. If I hadn't had something holding me accountable I would have never made the change.

And once I did a cleanse and got all the bad out and forced myself to consume the water I was supposed to I actually enjoy water now.
    Exactly what is "all the bad" that you got "out"?

The cleanse cleans your digestive system. Liver. kidneys. GI. Everything. We say it's "gentle and uneventful" my fiance and I had ibs issues before that we don't deal with now and he's not an avid user of product like me. But he did do a cleanse. And he liked it. He does that every 90 days or so. It flushes all the toxins out.

I did it i know that it was not the key to my success but it helped me eat in portions and regular not skipping meals. It worked for me on my initial change I lost 23lbs. Now I am down 34lbs in 3 months and I feel good. Yes i know that it is diet and exercise but the results worked for me and I actually enjoy the products and how they make me feel.
    Pro Staff - Black Eagle Arrows
    Field Staff - Dead Center Stabalizer's
    60X STRING STAFF
    80# 2005 Bowtech Allegiance, 70# 2013 Bowtech Blackout Experience

Toxins are like the great myth of the supplement industry. Nobody can ever give an actual description of what "they" are.

I'll certainly agree that stopping drinking 120 oz. of soda a day will have some pretty significant benefits but to attribute those benefits to Advocare is misguided.

all you had to do is quit mountain dew, advocare didnt do anything, i sold advocare products for 4 months, and one of my best friends sister makes a living off of it so i have been around advocare for years....none of it works besides the spark drinks, i do like those, but after awhile you get used to them, when you hear a advocare success story, and read between the lines instead of looking at before and after picture, most of the time those people started eating healthy, working out daily and getting better sleep, advocare might have helped them a hair at first
    Custom Snake Skin Rudder Longbow 53#
    Greatree Highlander 43# t/d recurve
    Hoyt Ultratec
    A crossbow in the near future

I'm not going to argue. You either like it or you dont. I don't go out of my way to sell it. I don't push people to buy it. It works for me. I feel great. I tried diet and exercise alone and it didn't work for me. But this did. So I will stand by it 100%. It's not for everyone. And that's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowpro-295 View Post
    I did it i know that it was not the key to my success but it helped me eat in portions and regular not skipping meals. It worked for me on my initial change I lost 23lbs. Now I am down 34lbs in 3 months and I feel good. Yes i know that it is diet and exercise but the results worked for me and I actually enjoy the products and how they make me feel.
    its not necessarily a diet, its just cutting calories, getting a good sleep, stay active and be disciplined with that regimen and it will payoff over times, its not that hard to be fit or some ''secret magic pill''
    Hoyt Ultratec

I'm not going to argue. You either like it or you dont. I don't go out of my way to sell it. I don't push people to buy it. It works for me. I feel great. I tried diet and exercise alone and it didn't work for me. But this did. So I will stand by it 100%. It's not for everyone. And that's ok.
    no one is arguing with you, we are pointing out the main source that led to health problems..and all you had to do is cut that in your'e life style and you would benefited greatly even if you didnt take advocare
    Hoyt Ultratec

I absolutely agree. But like I said I couldn't do it alone. I'd been drinking mountain dew like that most of my life. Almost like an alcoholic and their alcohol. I had to have something that I enjoyed more that was better for me to replace it. I tried a lot of things. But this worked for me. Not everyone can just stop doing something they have an addiction to. I replaced bad habits with good ones. And I'm proud of myself for it. It wasn't easy for me to do.

And as far as the stories go. I know a few people that had a couple hundred lbs. To lose. That struggled for years. My best friend saw a dietitian for the air force and lost 20 lbs in 2 years. She's lost close to 40 in about 6 months. It does work. I've watched her melt and feel better and gain her confidence back. She has a ways to go but this is definitely a great start for her!

Personal responsibility works.

Lifestyle change works.

Support groups work.

Accountability works.

I've yet to see any reliable and valid evidence that Advocare "works". "Toxins" are a myth when used in this context. And Advocare is just the latest of a very long line of MLM "health" products and will surely not be the last. As long as they aren't required to provide actual evidence as to their efficacy, they all "work"...

Any "nutrition" system/approach etc that includes a "cleanse" is based on pseudoscience and raises major flag's to me. Just no evidence for that. They may have some great products in their line up, but it's hard to feel good about companies including a cleanse...
    Strikes me as funny that my mountain bikes wheels are only a half inch shorter than my 29.5" draw length...

How about just eat real food? Nothing in a bag or box, nothing with sh** you can't pronounce, no chemicals, preservatives, stabilizers, gums, colorings, etc. Nothing that was improperly raised or inhumanely treated. Nothing doused in pestacides and herbacides or shot full of hormones or antibiotics. Everybody should just start there instead of spending their money of something with a trademark or a catchy name or slogan.
    "That helpful a**hole"

I did it real food. If you aren't for it that's fine that's your opinion. I'm educated so I know how to read what's in it. I know that it's good for me. I've never felt better. If you don't agree stay off my blog. I don't tolerate negativity. Thanks

I did it real food. If you aren't for it that's fine that's your opinion. I'm educated so I know how to read what's in it. I know that it's good for me. I've never felt better. If you don't agree stay off my blog. I don't tolerate negativity. Thanks
    what planet are you on? this is a public forum, not "your blog" and every participating member is entitled to his or her own opinion on any thread here. heck, you didn't even start this thread, so what are you even talking about?

if you like paying for expensive pee, then more power to you. i'll stick to eating food. you can continue consuming silicone dioxide, titanium dioxide, polyethylene glycol, and sucralose (ingredients I found in the adovare supplements after about 2 minutes of looking at the products.) can you please tell us all how those things are "good for you." i'll be waiting...
    "That helpful a**hole"

Your blog? Lol...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast