Thread: Happy with it!

Happy with it!

I figured, with all the negative threads and badmouthing of the Maitland brand, I'd attempt to offset it a bit. I'm the PROUD owner of a "like new" Halo 31 bought from a fellow AT'er. And, while I must admit to having a bit of an obsession with trying a little bit of everything, I do NOT regret buying the Halo without having ever shot a Maitland, or for that matter, ever having even seen one in person. NOW... is it ALL THAT and a bag o'chips? I'd say... no. But, hold the phone... before you all (or, most of you) go off half-cocked, remember this. Why did you buy a new bow last year? Or, the year before? Or, are waiting for the next big release from your favorite brand? I know MY answer... it's because NO BOW IS PERFECT! I LOVE the Halo for what I'm going to use it for (Hunting). Just like, I LOVE my CHILLR for what I'll be using it for (3D). And, I love my Prime for what I use it for (Target/Spot). So, while the bows may not be perfect... they are an AWESOME testament to what ONE little guy with an awesome design can do when he sets his mind to it. MY OPINION on the matter is this... If you thought a "little guy" or a "boutique builder" was going to be around long enough to honor warranty issues 3,4 or more years down the road, you were either delusional, or were willing to roll the dice and hope for the best. Looks like you bet on red, and the wheel landed on black. Who ya gonna sue in Vegas when your gamble doesn't pay off? I just get tired of seeing all the negativity. If u have something positive to contribute in the MAITLAND section, I'd LOVE to see and read it. If all you spew is negativity and "woe is me" talk... I wish you'd post somewhere else so I don't have to read through your ****E to get to someone's comments who have something worthwhile to say.

THESE COMMENTS ARE MY OPINION, AND MINE ALONE!

THANK YOU ROB MAITLAND FOR A FANTASTIC BOW!

Kurt Mueller
    SSG, USArmy
    Ft Lee, VA
    (406)788-0728

Ok.

It's your opinion but no make mistake ... It's not mine, and I can wrote my opinión wherever I want.
    I have a Zeus, which I had to change the limbs because of it's splintering, and a session, which I bought after the splintering issue. So you don't have to talk me about the quality of the Maitland bows. Anyway ... the splintering issue is responsability of Rob, so he is responsible of a bad product (even you think so or not)

Quote Originally Posted by juanjo_vcia View Post
    Ok.

It's your opinion but no make mistake ... It's not mine, and I can wrote my opinión wherever I want.
    I have a Zeus, which I had to change the limbs because of it's splintering, and a session, which I bought after the splintering issue. So you don't have to talk me about the quality of the Maitland bows. Anyway ... the splintering issue is responsability of Rob, so he is responsible of a bad product (even you think so or not)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonWarrior View Post
    I figured, with all the negative threads and badmouthing of the Maitland brand, I'd attempt to offset it a bit. I'm the PROUD owner of a "like new" Halo 31 bought from a fellow AT'er. And, while I must admit to having a bit of an obsession with trying a little bit of everything, I do NOT regret buying the Halo without having ever shot a Maitland, or for that matter, ever having even seen one in person. NOW... is it ALL THAT and a bag o'chips? I'd say... no. But, hold the phone... before you all (or, most of you) go off half-cocked, remember this. Why did you buy a new bow last year? Or, the year before? Or, are waiting for the next big release from your favorite brand? I know MY answer... it's because NO BOW IS PERFECT! I LOVE the Halo for what I'm going to use it for (Hunting). Just like, I LOVE my CHILLR for what I'll be using it for (3D). And, I love my Prime for what I use it for (Target/Spot). So, while the bows may not be perfect... they are an AWESOME testament to what ONE little guy with an awesome design can do when he sets his mind to it. MY OPINION on the matter is this... If you thought a "little guy" or a "boutique builder" was going to be around long enough to honor warranty issues 3,4 or more years down the road, you were either delusional, or were willing to roll the dice and hope for the best. Looks like you bet on red, and the wheel landed on black. Who ya gonna sue in Vegas when your gamble doesn't pay off? I just get tired of seeing all the negativity. If u have something positive to contribute in the MAITLAND section, I'd LOVE to see and read it. If all you spew is negativity and "woe is me" talk... I wish you'd post somewhere else so I don't have to read through your ****E to get to someone's comments who have something worthwhile to say.

THESE COMMENTS ARE MY OPINION, AND MINE ALONE!

THANK YOU ROB MAITLAND FOR A FANTASTIC BOW!

Kurt Mueller
    SSG, USArmy
    Ft Lee, VA
    (406)788-0728

well said, I have 3 Maitlands and even though 1 of them has a bad limb it is still one of the best bows I have ever owned...I might also add that of the 2 Hoyt Elite series bows both of them had the same limb issue and I loved them also and did not spend my extra time running them down either
    ben pearson archery
    victory archery
    pete_archery
    812-512-2987

Ok I love Maitlands too. I have 5. Yes 5. Promises made by the owner builder mean something even in today's world. But to tell a person directly three times and then the secretary said shipped three times speaks of consumer neglect. Now when the company gets a little heat they sell the assets. I am on Tribe's side in that I hope they are successful. But as one gent said I am whining. I only ask one thing. Be truthful. Do what you say you will and consumer and builder will be happy. If you come up short, make an attempt to right the wrong. If you can't even do that, do the responsible thing and TELL US that you can't. Most of us would understand. (a little side note, I had a NEW set of limbs that were too heavy for my wife who had a split limb on her Zeus. Rob said he would make us a new set of limbs free of charge. I offered to pay for them, but he declined payment. I mentioned I had the other set of new limbs and he said if you want, send them to him. So he got my new limbs, and I was told the story above and never received even an email response from them. Only way they would talk at all is if I called the Sales line, that is when I was told he was/ or already had made them and Jenn said they were shipped. Same address bow was shipped to. Never ever arrived. Now minimally shot Zeus that has sat since 2012 with a split limb is still sitting there looking pretty as a doorstop, that is all we can use it for.) So if you want the facts, I offered to pay. I don't ever want something for nothing. I was very patient, and he failed. But I like the risers so much dynamite couldn't blow them out of my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by juanjo_vcia View Post
    Ok.

You're EXACTLY right, Juanjo... You can express your opinion wherever you want, just as I may. I had simply hoped that, with all the threads in the Maitland section wrought with negativity, mine could be a thread where people with POSITIVE experiences voiced them. All the pessimists and pissed off customers have their shouting podiums in the negative threads... I simply stated that I wish they would keep that talk there.

I always remind people that we all have the right to express our own opinions. And, I DAMN sure am going to say what I like... as I'm one of the <%1 defending the rights of the other %99 to say what the hell THEY like. I RESPECT ALL OPINIONS, and harbor NO ill feelings toward anyone expressing their own. It's what makes us who we are.

Thanks for reading
    Kurt Mueller
    SSG USArmy, Ft Lee, VA
    (406)788-0728

I too think AT has gotten really negative. Long live Tribe. And for that matter, long live Rob Maitland. Let's all work together and build upon what AT was originally designed for, ARCHER'S HELPING ARCHERS! I enjoy this site and have learned much.

Tribe Maitland.jpg
    Looks promising... Should we change our "Brand Specific" Maitland area to a "Maitland/Tribe" area? LOL