Thread: 2013 Pope and Young

2013 Pope and Young

I was hunting a small food plot behind my house on December 15th. I've seen a few good deer but nothing more than "120. I figured that if hunted around food, the old bucks are gonna be moving to the food in the freezing temps. Right at sunlight i had 7 does, a spike, and a decent little 4 pointer in front of me. then about 30 minutes later i had a big 4x5 at 40 yards, but when i drew, a fawn i didn't see exploded from under me and all eyes were on me. the buck stayed until he realized his does were leaving, he left at a slow trot. i couldn't believe it, the biggest deer I've ever had an opportunity to harvest, just left from my property. I stayed until about noon until i went home to eat and check trail cam pics. Nowhere did i see the deer i saw earlier that morning. I decided i would sit on the same field that night and try to arrow that big buck. Not 30 minutes after i got in my blind deer started rolling in. I sat until almost dark, i was packing up my stuff when i saw him coming in. He stopped head down at 50 yards, i drew and let the arrow fly. I hit him in the liver and the back of a lung. i felt really good about the shot, but i still gave him about half an hour. I followed his blood trail about 100 yards. There he was a "131 gross Pope and Young buck.
    James Archery deer.jpgJames Archery deer.jpg
    SOUTH DAKOTA STATE 3-D ARCHERY CHAMPION
    Hips Archery Targets Pro Staff "Less shred more dead". Get Your target at http://www.hipstargets.com/
    Ross Archery Pro Staff

Outstanding!

"Outside of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, I see no hope for mankind." Billy Graham
    "It's an election year... read everything with a huge dose of salt... and make sure you vote for the right incumbent." Elvis_Is_Dead
    "Yo Mama! Look at all the baby eaters crying 'tasteless'!" Elvis_Is_Dead