Thread: 2014 Eclypse

2014 Eclypse

Brother was in the market for a bow and came across one online. He handed over the money and I dropped the order for him. Arrived today, Sharp little bow. Bow feels good in the hand like I expected. Finish overall was solid, there was one little rough spot on the back of the riser, wouldn't notice if you weren't looking for it. There was a little nick that left a burr in the cable track, got that cleaned up. Other that that solid setup. Came ready to go with a trophy ridge 3 pin, trophy taker drop away and stabilizer.

I had surgery a few months ago but did manage to tinker a little, put a Saunders on it for him, he will thank me later, took 3 turns out and it feels good to draw and shoot. Only shot about 5 arrows but first impression was excellent. No question that you get a heck of a lot of bow for the money with these. Did notice they did not include speed nocks on this year's strings.

uploadfromtaptalk1403839163884.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403839178560.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403839187176.jpg

2014 Martin Lithium :: 2007 Martin Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-Down
    REAL AVID Field Staff :: Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Every time I look for this bow and type in Martin Eclypse it pops up New Breed lol bow looks good....how does it shoot???

Nice

Looks exactly like my Bengal pro carbon minus the split limbs.

Quote Originally Posted by vmathias View Post
    Looks exactly like my Bengal pro carbon minus the split limbs.
    Although the eclipse may look a lot like your 2013 Bengal Pro the 2014 eclipse is completely different. If you set them side-by-side which I have several times you would see major differences.the main differences are grip was pushed 2 inches forward [more deflects riser] to accommodate the 10 inch split limbs and still give you 7 inches of brace height. the limb angle was changed making the limbs more parallel. and of course it now has split limbs which are very quiet.I have shot them both side-by-side in the eclipse wins hands down.
    Owner Prairie archery
    Grangeville, Idaho

Here is the 2013 Bengal Pro and the 2014 eclipse side-by-side.
    001.jpg002.jpg
    Owner Prairie archery
    Grangeville, Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by Themiddleman View Post
    Although the eclipse may look a lot like your 2013 Bengal Pro the 2014 eclipse is completely different. If you set them side-by-side which I have several times you would see major differences.the main differences are grip was pushed 2 inches forward [more deflects riser] to accommodate the 10 inch split limbs and still give you 7 inches of brace height. the limb angle was changed making the limbs more parallel. and of course it now has split limbs which are very quiet.I have shot them both side-by-side in the eclipse wins hands down.
    Hands down in what way? Just curious to see the difference.

Well, if anybody is interested I have an Eclypse for sale that looks just like the one pictured above except camo. How does $350 TYD sound? Please PM me if interested.
    PRESERVE, PROTECT, AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES FROM ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, including the POTUS
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    UBP Life Member,PSAA Life Member
    Hutch~N~Son strings by Bowstring Depot

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Well, if anybody is interested I have an Eclypse for sale that looks just like the one pictured above except camo. How does $350 TYD sound? Please PM me if interested.
    Haha, wish I would have known this 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by vmathias View Post
    Haha, wish I would have known this 2 weeks ago.
    Where in Pa. are you located?
    PRESERVE, PROTECT, AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES FROM ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, including the POTUS

[QUOTE=bfisher;1070982632]Where in Pa. are you located?[/QUO

Williamsport area. Bought a 2013 Martin Bengal pro that I havent shot yet a few weeks ago. Would have really liked to get my hands on the Eclipse but couldnt find one for that price. I see your not that far down the road from me. Is the eclipse new?

I know the answer, it is "new". They were dealer demos. I got my Lithium from Barry - he sells each year, won't be disappointed with the bow. Comes will full Martin Warranty, etc. Can't beat that price ...

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    I know the answer, it is "new". They were dealer demos. I got my Lithium from Barry - he sells each year, won't be disappointed with the bow. Comes will full Martin Warranty, etc. Can't beat that price ...
    Darn it Drop, get it right. They are sales rep samples, not dealer demo's. Now tell them about my ad on the Martin Tech Forum. I'm not allowed to have an ad here.

Oh yea, Rep samples not dealer demos, forgot! Anyway, head over to the Martin Tech Forum for more info or message me and I'll direct you where to go.