Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A supplicant for joint pain question?

A supplicant for joint pain question?

I have recurring pain in one knee and my left hip which at times are inabiltaking to say the least, it tends to have an effect on my shooting the bow.....I also have some pain in my bow shoulder but not enough to worry about. Are there any out there that have a supplement that really works? I am currently taking FlexoPlex and it seems to be working OK and I've used OsteoBiflex also in the past.......any help and advice would be helpful, and I would appreciate it!

Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

I use Osteo Bi-Flex daily for shoulder, elbow, and hand pain. I've been taking about 2 years with good results. You may want to ask this in the health and fitness section as well, good luck!

Try fish oil, I have friends that swear by it. It takes a month or two to start seeing results though

cherry juice.

Quote Originally Posted by carbon arrow1 View Post
    cherry juice.
    I tend to use Scotch more than anything else. It doesn't really help with the pain, just makes it way less important. And, it's way less expensive than most OTC supplements. Taste better, too.

Quote Originally Posted by rider01 View Post
    Try fish oil, I have friends that swear by it. It takes a month or two to start seeing results though
    This right here. I've had both shoulders scoped and I love my fish oil. It's also great for your cholesterol/heart. Other options are glucosamine/chondroitin (did nothing for me but some people swear by it) and good ole' Tylenol arthritis.

Quote Originally Posted by bbjavelina View Post
    I tend to use Scotch more than anything else. It doesn't really help with the pain, just makes it way less important. And, it's way less expensive than most OTC supplements. Taste better, too.
    LMAO!!!

Seriously OP...I know it sounds stupid,but try spraying a little wd40 on the affected areas and rubbing it in.
    I promise you,within a minute youll feel 10x better.

I have knee and elbow issues,and a friend told me about it,I thought WTH..gave it a try and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by themist View Post
    LMAO!!!

Seriously OP...I know it sounds stupid,but try spraying a little wd40 on the affected areas and rubbing it in.

I have knee and elbow issues,and a friend told me about it,I thought WTH..gave it a try and it works.
    WD40 on your skin? I have used it on my muskie baits to keep the hooks from rusting but never on my joints..
    Staff Shooter for Pinnacle Archery Custom strings and slings http://www.pinnaclearchery.com/

2012 Hoyt Vector 32, 2013 Elite Answer, 2007 Bowtech Allegiance
    Black Eagle Arrows Field Staff & T.R.U. Ball release Field Staff

LMAO!!!

You wouldn't happen to be Tin Man would you?

1oz of pure cherry extract every morning. It took care of my tennis elbow in a couple weeks.

SCFox

LMAO!!!

^^^^^Is this serious?^^^^^ I will try anything to get rid of my back pain!
    Romans 10:9: That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Evolution Bow Strings

I am dead serious.
    Doesnt take much,and wont hurt you.
    Hell,weve all had it on our skin before.
    And we all have a can of it somewhere.

Give it a try..youve nothing to lose. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jallen70 View Post
    I use Osteo Bi-Flex daily for shoulder, elbow, and hand pain. I've been taking about 2 years with good results. You may want to ask this in the health and fitness section as well, good luck!
    This^^^. I've used it for about 7 years now and it works. 2 a day. I still get stiff but thats old age setting in (61).
    09 Reezen 7.0 50-60lb 28",Acc 3-49',HHA,doinker-hunting
    11 CRX 35 fusion red, 50-60lb 28",viper,sureloc,fusion stabs-3D
    06 Conquest 3 50-60lb 28",vibracheck,TH3'4x-Dots

"When they outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns"

Quote Originally Posted by carbon arrow1 View Post
    cherry juice.
    This can help a lot especially with gout

The "D" in WD40 is, I believe, DMSO? Baseball pitchers used this religiously when I was in college to help relieve shoulder and elbow pain from tendinitis, due to over exertion. My grandfather used to spray wd40 and rub it in on his hands to help with arthritis pain. I just use a prescription anti-inflammatory to help with my knee and joint pain. Cherry juice is good for gout!
    '13 PSE DNA 30" 60# 315 fps, Gold Tip Pro Hunter 5575
    09 Elite GT500 29.6" 66# 307 fps -Stage 1 Strings - Tater Tuned!
    Maxima Hunter 350 - Blue Streak Selects 350 Summit Treestands
    Slick Trick Mags, Treelimb Premium Quiver,
    "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Maybe try a product called DMSO it's in health food stores in the cleaning department. Only use a little, gives ya bad breath but help with all kinds of things. Google it.
    Northern Dutchess Archery
    Hoyt Carbon spyder 30
    Hoyt Alphamax 32
    Easton.
    Strike Zone 380

I heard the main ingredient in WD40 is fish oil, makes since it would work if this is true

WD-40 gots its name for:

Water
    Displacement
    40th try.............they got the formula right on the 40th try...hence wd-40.

Stuff works great on me.

Go to the farm and ranch store and get the MSM pills for horses and take one a day. Works wonders !!
    Custom powder coating for my AT friends Cerakote coating for my AT friends
    Bowtech RPM 360 Lightning Fast Easton HEXX 330's
    HOGG FATHER W/ Classic archery scope 4x lens
    Vaportrail Micro elite LD, Carbofast 24" Front 12" Back, Tony219er Custom threads !!!!

Elk & Deer Velvet Antler
    "Outside of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, I see no hope for mankind." Billy Graham
    END: A specified number of arrows (the usual number being six) shot by archers before the score is taken and the arrows retrieved. A round is broken up into ends.

Osteo bi-flex

Yeah, and I heard bear gizzards were good to!

They say......."laughter is good for the soul".....well I got some good laughs out of some of these. I thought somebody was making fun of me going and getting a diet DP from Sonic everyday at 2PM ( Happy hour) with cherry juice......there are some good advice here and WD40 is a penetrant which is OK I guess but doesn't it have some kind of oil in it? I've rubbed it on my fingers due to authers-itus......I've also tried the gel that is for ligament damage in horses forelocks and it is also a penetrant and boy does it set you on fire. I put it on my back one time and it set me on fire and hollered for my wife to get it off and fast......Wasn't funny but if I remember correctly, its a blue gel and it does penetrate right thru ya......This stuff I'm taking is FlexoPlex and its rated over Osteobiflex but there are others that say you have to get egg shell in the pills to really work.......I've found with Osteo and this Flexo stuff that when you first start using it the pain increases like all git out and then after a few days to a week it eases away and becomes easier to take......I know one thing......I will eat buffalo dung if it will save me from having to go thru hip replacement again......
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

Glucosomine

Glucosamine and fish oil definitely got my pain away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast