a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A supplicant for joint pain question?

I'm pretty sure WD-40 is mineral oil and mineral spirits.

Strother Moxie "Black Death" 60# 28"......... Elite E32 65# 28"
    TrophyTaker SmackDown ......................... TrophyTaker SmackDown
    Black Gold Ascent single pin ...................... Sword Apex 5 pin

Remmy,

In all seriousness I think you should give Blue Emu a try.

The little wife started using it and I scoffed at her for awhile. She was out of town for the weekend and I tried some of hers. Now I have my own jar. Crow is not very tasty, but it beats the pain.

IMHO, cheap, effective, has no odor. Give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by bbjavelina View Post
    Remmy,

In all seriousness I think you should give Blue Emu a try.

The little wife started using it and I scoffed at her for awhile. She was out of town for the weekend and I tried some of hers. Now I have my own jar. Crow is not very tasty, but it beats the pain.

IMHO, cheap, effective, has no odor. Give it a shot.
    Thanks...like I said....I'll try anything to avoid another hip replacement.....I'm gonna make a list!
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

Quote Originally Posted by themist View Post
    LMAO!!!

Seriously OP...I know it sounds stupid,but try spraying a little wd40 on the affected areas and rubbing it in.
    I promise you,within a minute youll feel 10x better.

I have knee and elbow issues,and a friend told me about it,I thought WTH..gave it a try and it works.
    Wd40's main ingredient is fish oil.
    Using Tapatalk

Let me say this......when I was involved in a small train accident where a switchman ran me into a cut of cars with air on them and he went from talking over the radio to hand signals and didn't tell me he was going to do so, I was sitting facing the control panel and when I ran into that wall as I was sholving about ten cars into a track it flew me into the front windshield. I was finally told by a Dr. after a Cat Scan that I had three herniated discs in my back. The Railroad made me go to their Drs and one test they did on me was inject a fluid into my back(one disc at a time) to determine which were herniated.....Anyway, the nurse told me that she couldn't give me anything to prevent the pain because she had to hear me say "yes" that hurts.....anyway, I've heard that whatever she pumped into my discs could have spread to all my joints and caused later joint pain.....I don't know about that but I've seen lawsuits about this very thing.......Also, there are lawsuits now concerning the metal in the blood of those who have had hip replacement which I have had. I haven't gone and taken the blood test as yet but intend to do so as I am part of the class action lawsuit on Depuy over problems with hip replacements.......So, what I'm trying to get over is.....injections of WHAT did they put into me and what is the lasting effect that could be the reason my joints are stiff?
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

Quote Originally Posted by chaded View Post
    You wouldn't happen to be Tin Man would you?
    LMAO.....that is funny but he is serious.....I've heard that WD40 will work on Authers-itus.....I've also heard that a bee sting on the infected area will relieve the pain and calcium growth.....
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

It is funny..and I am serious.
    Another thing we use at work,due to repetitive motions (assembly work) is Biofreeze.
    Its a gel,and works pretty good.

It is funny..and I am serious.
    Another thing we use at work,due to repetitive motions (assembly work) is Biofreeze.
    Its a gel,and works pretty good.
    The Chiropractor I went to gave me some Bio-freeze and it just temporally halts the pain but doesn't rebuild cartilage and oil the joints.......I think along with this FlexoPlex I'm gonna get some Fish Oli pills.......
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

Yes biofreeze just masks the pain. It doesn't heal it. I think ice and heat would work better.

Instead of biofreeze might as well have fun and drink away the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopayne View Post
    Yes biofreeze just masks the pain. It doesn't heal it. I think ice and heat would work better.

Instead of biofreeze might as well have fun and drink away the pain.
    I would assume that ice and heat is mostly for muscle pain. I'm talking about bone against bone.....I'm trying to rebuild cartilage! Its a tough sale!
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

Oh man. Rebuild? Start swimming and take glucosamine and fish oil. Definitely a tough sale

Quote Originally Posted by Chopayne View Post
    Oh man. Rebuild? Start swimming and take glucosamine and fish oil. Definitely a tough sale
    I've got a got a good Glucosamine that I'm taking but no fish oil.....I will pick up some tomorrow....Is there some better than others?
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

Quote Originally Posted by rembrandt View Post
    I've got a got a good Glucosamine that I'm taking but no fish oil.....I will pick up some tomorrow....Is there some better than others?
    Not that I know of, but I saw this documentary on hashish, apparently 23 states in the US are legal to prescribe it.

Volttaren gel you need to get a prescription from a doctor it works it's a Diclofenac sodium gel
    The rest is Snake oil

There are lots of supplements, including fish oil, glucosamine, and medullosinemplex.

IMO the best way to reduce if not eliminate joint pain is to remove inflammatory foods from your diet -- sugar, wheat, alcohol -- you know, the usual culprits.

I wasn't joking on the MSM tablets for horses
    Custom powder coating for my AT friends Cerakote coating for my AT friends
    Bowtech RPM 360 Lightning Fast Easton HEXX 330's
    HOGG FATHER W/ Classic archery scope 4x lens
    Vaportrail Micro elite LD, Carbofast 24" Front 12" Back, Tony219er Custom threads !!!!

Formerly the great COWBOY state of Wyoming. Now, in the frozen north of Fairbanks Alaska
    I wouldn't have believed it but....tried a little WD-40 on my elbow and......gosh darn it I think it's actually working.

fish oil, but the best treatment for joint pains is dumping 3 bags of ice into a bath tub about half way full of cold water and put whole body in it for about 15-30 mins, doing this about once or twice a week will help and you will feel a replenished feeling in your muscles
    Bear Truth 2~Sword Apex Hunter~WB~DCA arrows~RAGE
    Browning Ted Nugent Bloodbrother bow~Easton Classics~
    Elite Synergy(On the way )

Quote Originally Posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
    fish oil, but the best treatment for joint pains is dumping 3 bags of ice into a bath tub about half way full of cold water and put whole body in it for about 15-30 mins, doing this about once or twice a week will help and you will feel a replenished feeling in your muscles
    Sounds great but will that rebuild cartilage and back away bone on bone? That's what I'm trying to conquer!
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

Fish oil is best for that, but don't be shy for the ice in bath tub, it really does wonders

move free does work

Ginger root tea. I have a buddy with bad knees and he swears by this. But some ginger root at the store, cut off a small piece about the size of the end or your pinkie, chop that up and boil it for about 5 minutes, let sit for about 20 minutes strain it and drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Fletch View Post
    There are lots of supplements, including fish oil, glucosamine, and medullosinemplex.

IMO the best way to reduce if not eliminate joint pain is to remove inflammatory foods from your diet -- sugar, wheat, alcohol -- you know, the usual culprits.
    Several of my joint pains have gone away since the dr. told me to start watching my blood sugar, I am sure 30 lbs. lost has helped as well. Minimal alcohol and sweets and I am feeling way better.

That's my problem, I love beer a lot and after a long weekend of drinking my knees and joints feel really weak lol, but usually I only drink a lot when it's on vacation or 3 day weekend

LMAO!!!

Seriously OP...I know it sounds stupid,but try spraying a little wd40 on the affected areas and rubbing it in.
    I promise you,within a minute youll feel 10x better.

I have knee and elbow issues,and a friend told me about it,I thought WTH..gave it a try and it works.
    what about pb blaster instead? It penetrates through rust better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast